Episode 6 – Suddenly New Ability?!!
1.1k 0 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

6 year old (January-SY102)


 

*Peep peep peep* *pip pip pip pip*

*Click*

*Yawn* "nnnm~"

*ku-chack*

"Oh, you are up already. Good morning."

"nmm...Good morning, Mom."

Mom entered my room carrying a stack of clothes and then sits herself in front of chests of drawers.

She then starts to neatly put various clothing articles into the drawers.

"nnnm~"

After satisfied enough with stretching both my hands, I pick up my ebook from the nightstand and start reading quietly.

...

Finished with putting my clothes in the drawers, Mom stands up and walks toward the window.

*shclaaarrk*

Mom slides open the curtain and open the window.

*chirp chirp* *chirp chirp*

"Hmm~" *Nod* "It's nice weather today. It's perfect weather for hitting the beach. Don't you just feel excited, Sena?" Mom turns to me asking.

"Un" I just nod indifferently, still focused with reading.

Today's plan is for me and Mom going to the beach. It will be my beach debut in this life, so maybe I look forward to it a bit.

"Take a bath first, Sena dear. The breakfast is still not done yet."

"Un" I nod and put my ebook reader back on the nightstand then go towards the bathroom.

I used to bath once a day during the time in the colony, it was enough because of the adjusted atmosphere in the colony. However, starting the day living here, mom orders me to bath at least twice a day. Being in the tropical region, the hot temperature and weather makes you sweat easily see.

...

... ...

There goes my expectation...

Right now, me and Mom are at the beach. But it seems like in the past live, beach and outdoor activities are really not my thing.

Of course if you were to ask me, the beach itself is beautiful. And there is certainly somewhat refreshing feeling looking at the rolling waves crashing onto the shore ebbing back into the sea.

But, as I thought... It's too hot.

The temperature already reached 33C. For me who grew up in colony where the temperature is a constant 20C all year round, it is a real torture.

...

It's hot. I want to go back home. That was the only thing in my mind.

...

In the end, the only thing that saved me was a sudden rain. And then I start playing in the rain.

Raih, Oh, rain. Blessing from God, if there is one that is.

...

I miscalculated. Playing in the rain is bad.

...

In the end I spend the next 2 days on the bed because I got sick again from the rain.

...

... ...

... ... ...

Today we are going to the Institute of Psychic and Anomalous Phenomena.

As promised, I'm to participate in the Institute as research participant (subject). The first thing to do is to review the contract terms and preliminary physical assessment.

Mom working behind the scene already hired a lawyer to review the contract.

Going with our lawyer to the institute we were welcomed by the Professor Auntie and her young man assistant.

Reviewing again the contract terms, we add more terms to it, like how I will receive personal tutoring by the professor or her assistant to help me understand the experiments.

After wrapping up the tiny details in the contract, it is time for my physical assessment.

Entering a large white room, I prepare myself. Inside are even more gadgets and more sophisticated looking than the ones during academy entrance exam.

"I-it's not dangerous... right?"

"It should be. I also will be keeping watch on the Professor. So don't be anxious." Said Peter consoling.

Ah I forgot to tell you, the Professor Auntie's assistant name is Peter Pascal. Apparently he is doing a postdoc work here.

Everything should have been wrapped up in the contract, but as I thought, I'm still little bit anxious.

"I-is that so?"

Not to mention that woman whose eyes sometime shines dangerously.

*Clink*

Look... her eyes is shining just now. She must be thinking something dangerous...

"aha...haha...ha... Okay, I promise if it really looks going to be dangerous I will stop Professor no matter what. This is also originally part of my job."

Ugh... Mr. Peter I entrust my life to you.

"Besides, receiving your mom's gift, I can't really disappoint her."

I take back my words.

Money I entrust my life to you.

During the next few days I was then told to do even more elaborate procedures than the one during academy entrance exam.

...

... ...

... ... ...

In front of me is some kind of shiny metallic ball on a pedestal with height about the chair I am sitting on.

"Ok Boy, try focusing on the ball."

As I start focusing, staring hard at the ball.

*crackle*

A sudden stinging jolt struck my butt.

"ouch.."

*bzzzzztt*

Visible sparks coming out from my forehead hit the metallic ball before conducted down through the pedestal into the earth.

"Slowly raise the output."

"Yes."

*crackle crackle*

"ouch ouch"

*Bzzzzzzzztt bZZZZzzzzttT*

More sparks of electricity start coming out from my whole body and charging the metallic ball.

Aside of my stinging butt, all other parts of my body feel warm.

*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZTT BZZZZZZZZZZTTT*

"The output already stabilize."

"Slowly lower the output until zero."

"Yes. Lowering voltage."

.

.

.

"Voltage zero."

...

"Good work."

Receiving a towel from Peter, I wipe it all over my sweaty body.

"You should have noticed it. What's your ability is."

I nod at the Professor's remark.

"It's electrokinesis, isn't it?"

"It's good to have a smart student. Yes, you have potential to be a great electromaster. I'm repeating again, but your ANGLE particle capacity is really high. It's highest in history. Roughly it's about 10 times the previous record holder."

ANGLE particle capacity, it roughly measures an angel ANGLE particle output, or to simplify it, how strong the angel's ability will be.

"The stranger thing is there is hardly any, if it exists at all, noticeable side effects in your daily life."

"...?" I tilted my head.

"Boy, I heard about your hobby. It's assembling mecha kit isn't it?"

"Un"

"That means you are dealing with a lot of electronics. Normally, untrained electromaster easily breaks fragile electronic components. That's why they get frustrated at some point."

"Ah, now you mentioned it.."

"Mm? Did you remember something, boy?"

"Now you mentioned it. Many components I bought seems to have life span less than what's specified in the component's data sheet. Especially for the most fragile ones it can goes down to 1/2 of the data sheet's number. Normally you should be able to use those components even more than data sheet's specification, since it's specifically said minimum life span. I can just ask to buy new ones though so it's not really serious problem."

"So it seems there are noticeable effects after all. Though it's still incredible. Even untrained electromasters with average capacity easily breaks any devices they touch. The number goes higher for those with higher capacity. After all that's how some people noticed they are an electrokinesis esper."

"Un"

"You on the other hand, already has high degree of control over your ability. It's really strange."

"Is it that strange?"

"Well at least, there is nothing in records about case like yours. Many type of angels, including middle-tier capacity electromaster, need to undergo some kind of therapeutic procedure, since their ability affect their daily live to inconvenient degree. But it seems you don't really need it, do you?

"What therapeutic procedures?"

"It varies, for some it's refining their ability control, for others it would be repressing their ability. It really depends on the individual. Not all individual's ability is advantageous on what they want to do in life see."

"Ah then I-"

"For you, it will be ability control refinement. It's explicitly stated in the contract. For you to be my guinea-- *ahem* research subject there are procedures differing from the standards."

"Ignoring that reprehensible term you were going to use, what nonstandard procedures? Will it be safe?"

"It will be, it will be. No need to worry. At least it's nothing life threatening. Even if it is, it will be experiment in uncharted part of humanity. Be happy to be humanity's stepping stone, Boy."

"I'm not magnanimous enough to be sacrificing myself as humanity's stepping stone, so please don't do that."

"Tch. Fine. I would need guardian's consent for such experiment anyway."

...

Like that I start to go to the institute from time to time. Though sometimes I would go more than necessary to learn about anomalogy from the Professor or Peter.

13