Chapter 13
727 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Are you enjoying the novel so far?
  • To the All Father and back, yes! I have already added it to my library and rated it! Votes: 55 63.2%
  • Still making my mind up. Votes: 29 33.3%
  • Meh... Votes: 3 3.4%
Total voters: 87

“That’s impossible!” Sharp stated, “Its heart stopped!”

“Mute! Cut its ligaments!” Tower shouted.

Mute shot forward not even caring about the drop below, she hit the ground hard and brought her longsword across the back of the ogre’s right knee. It cut right through the blackened skin, a loud pop could be heard as the ligament snapped.

The rest of the team moved forward with drawn weapons. All of sudden, the blackened skin cracked all at once and fell to the ground. It spun backwards and kicked Mute, she went flying into a minecart 20 feet away.

“Mute!” Sol screamed.

The Immortal dashed forward, he performed a flurry of attacks with his daggers. Slicing dozens of wounds all over its body. The ogre roared, it picked up Sol and threw him across the mine. He was impaled by a sharp rock and died.

Elora ran over to Mute, she knelt down and pulled a healing potion from her necklace. She tipped it down her throat and the soothing red liquid flowed gently.

“You hurt Mute!” Tower screamed at the ogre.

He brought his giant hammer up and slammed it into its leg. The ogre went for a kick but Tower didn’t budge from it. He stood strong and caught it’s foot. A golden aura engulfed Tower and his muscles doubled in size. He began to spin the Ogre around like it was weightless. He threw it into a wall and then two mana arrows pierced it’s eyes. The ogre roared again.

“It’s got a title called Immortal Heart and my monster lore is telling me we need to take it out!” Sharp shouted.

Spike came flying in from the side with his metal guitar in hand. It connected with the ogres cheek and parts of its jaw was taken off along with the surrounding skin. He caught onto the ogre's few hairs and swung around again. He smashed his guitar right into its nose causing blood to explode everywhere. The ogre grabbed him and threw him off. Tower dived to the side and caught Spike before he hit the hard ground. It began to slowly regenerate all the wounds.

Sol had managed to dislodge himself from the rock’s he was smashed onto. He grabbed his two daggers and sprinted towards the ogre.

“It has an Immortal Heart!” Sharo shouted over the ear pieces.

Elora had dragged Mute to a safe distance, Tower and Spike had backed off too.

` “It has a what!?” Tower shouted.

“The only way to kill it is to take out it’s heart.” Sharp explained.

Sharp moved over to Sol and covered his earpiece, “We’re gonna have to get Tower angry,” he said, “We don't have high enough damage to cripple it so we can cut out it’s heart and throwing you in there would be useless.”

Sol glanced over to Spike who was giving him the same look, getting Tower angry was something they hated doing.

All the men were now 30 feet away from the ogre, Elora and Mute were far back out of the fight.

“This is all your fault!” Sol screamed at Tower, “You sent Mute in first. It should have been me.”

“Stop. I know what you’re doing,” Tower said quietly.

Spike slapped Tower on the back of his shaved head, “You got Mute hurt. She’ll remember that.”

“Stop,” He said, trying to remain calm. He collapsed to the floor as he felt something taking over him.

“You filthy half giant!” Sharp shouted, “You say you’re a dwarf but everyone knows your whore of a mother fucked a giant.”

Sol and Spike were taken aback by what Sharp said even if they were trying to get him mad and didn’t mean anything. Tower was the descendant of the royal dwarfs. To the untrained eye people would assume Tower was a half-giant because of his size but that wasn’t true. He hated it when people called him, it was an insult to him and his bloodline. It was also the most direct path to get him angry.

“I said stop!” Tower shouted with ragged breath.

“You are just a useless half-giant!” Spike shouted as they continued, “You almost got Mute killed and you’re still trying to order us around.”

A golden energy blast exploded around Tower, sending the three of them down to the floor. The giant man began to grow, it was small at first but then he grew to a staggering height of 20ft, almost rivaling the ogre’s. His muscles had tripled in size and golden energy was pulsating through his veins.

“I’ve got a bone to pick with you,” Tower’s deep voice grumbled to the ogre who showed fear for the first time.

Tower sprinted forwards, his steps causing miniature earthquakes. He shoulder barged the giant ogre into the back wall and began to pummel the ogre with his heavy fists. Each punch literally took away flesh and bone. The ogre was regenerating but it struggled to keep up with Tower and his immense physical power.

“You hurt Mute!” Tower's deep voice echoed around the mine.

He grabbed the ogre by its neck and threw him on the ground. He jumped on top of the ogre and started throwing wild punches onto it. The giant ogre didn’t have enough time to even think about fighting back.

Sol leapt forward, through Tower’s legs and onto the ogre’s chest. He stuck his two daggers in deep and began cutting away through it’s flesh. It’s bone was steel as he tried to cut away at it.

It was like trying to thread a needle on a roller coaster, the violent punches from Tower caused the ogre’s body to radiate from the force of the punches each time. Sol could barely start to get through the bone.

“Get me Tower’s hammer!” Sol shouted.

Spike sprinted over to it, he could barely lift it himself. He picked up one end and started to swing it around but he couldn’t manage by himself. Sharp hurried over after firing a mana arrow and they began to swing the giant hammer.

“Ahhhh!” They both screamed as they let it go. Sol’s strength was roughly half of Tower’s but as he caught it, it cracked his shoulder and a few ribs. He bit through the pain and lifted it high into the air, with as much strength as he could muster, he slammed the hammer down onto the ribs. They gave way almost instantly, only bone fragments were left. He grabbed his two daggers again and started to cut out the heart before it started regenerating, it was pumping out blood furiously.

He cut the main arteries to it, struggling to maintain his pace from the raging Tower above him. He could feel the huge man slowly losing stamina and slowing down.

He dug his hands into the slimy guts and heaved out the heart.

Immortal Heart EPIC

This item belonged to an Undead Giant Ogre. This heart will never stop beating and will always regenerate.

Affinities: Death, Dark, Light, Life, Healing

Sol chucked it away and rolled off the now dead ogre boss. Tower was still hitting it, his breath was ragged and the man was close to passing out.

Sol placed a hand on the giant man’s leg, “Tt’s dead.” Sol said.

Tower stopped for a second, he climbed off and looked at his teammates. The look in his eyes was not quite right. His eyes landed on Sharp.

“You!” Tower said, his voice booming around the cave.

Sol sprinted and got in the way of both of them, “Tower we had to do i-”

Tower kicked Sol like a football, sending him flying into the roof of the cave. Sol splattered on the ground beside Sharp.

“Tower!” Elora shouted.

The giant man was two steps away from Sharp but he stopped when he saw Elora helping Mute walk.

He fell to his knees as his muscles shrunk. Sol revived back to life from the soup that was his body and went over to Tower who was now lying down.

“Did you really have to?” Sol asked Sharp.

“What would have happened if I didn’t,” he replied harshly, there was truth in what he said.

Sharp was right, it just seemed too cruel for Tower. He was a gentle giant and he deeply cared for his teammates. They all cared about each other, some showing it differently than others.

Tower went up to his knees, the crazy look in his eye was gone. Thankfully, he had special armour which could grow in size with him so at least he wasn’t naked.

He looked around to the group and his eyes landed on Mute, they then looked down to the floor.

“Sorry everyone,” he said.

Sharp bowed to the man, “It wasn’t your fault, nor was it your idea,” he said.

“How’s Mute?” Tower asked.

“She has three broken ribs and a ruptured spleen but the healing potion sorted it out. She’s still a bit weak and will need time to recover fully.” Elora said.

The group was quite surprised that Mute could trust Elora so much. She had her hand over her shoulder to keep her up. Mute was not a fan of people touching her, even if she was in extreme pain.

“Must be a girl thing,” Spike said while lighting a cigarette.

The ground rumbled beneath them.

“Get out of the center!” Sharp said.

Tower rushed over to Elora and Mute, he picked them both up with ease and ran over to the side. The ground below the ogre’s body began to fall away. Sol quickly put the ogre’s heart in his inventory and looted the body. He dived out of the center and up onto a ledge.

The body fell away into a huge hole that looked as if it had no bottom at all. The dust settled and the group got up again to peer into the hole.

“That’s the next area of the dungeon,” Sharp said, “Where all the tremors are coming from.”

“Let’s take a break for now and loot these bodies,” Tower said, “Sol, what did you get from the boss?”

Sol smiled as he brought out the immortal heart and held it out with two hands, it was still eerily pumping fast. 

“Gross,” Elora said.

“It really is an immortal heart,” Sharp mused, “This will most likely go up for auction if we were to sell it.”

“You don’t want to sell it?” Spike questioned as he glared at the pumping heart.

“Sol, strange question,” Sharp said, “Do you um- feel anything towards it.”

“I mean its a fucking immortal heart,” Sol remarked, “It’s awesome but I don’t feel any conncection to it at all.” 

“Right, I was just curious,” Sharp said.

“Can you guys loot and secure the area?” Tower asked the men.

“Yes, Sir.”

Tower nodded approvingly and took a seat on the dusty floor. With all the undead gone from the area, the miasma wasn’t as suffocating as it was before.

“You think he’s ok?” Sharp asked Sol.

“He’s fine,” Spike interjected.

“He looks a little shaken up,” Sol said, “But this is Tower we’re talking about.”

Sharp looked down to the floor, Spike slapped a hand on his back, “I won’t lie I was really impressed with that insult. His mother was a whore who fucked a giant, amazing! I could turn that into a song,” he cheered

Sol gave him a serious look of ‘definitely not’ as he bent down and looted a body. It was strange that he was just looting piles of dust, even though the bones and meat were still available.

They went and sat back down with the group. Tower had set up a cooking pot and was wrapping a bandage around Mute’s body. She was topless but the group could care less which surprised Elora. Things like that never bothered the Unwanted, especially their group.

“I think we’ll be living easy now.” Sol said as he placed all the loot he received on the ground. Spike and Sharp did the same thing, there was a huge pile now.

28