Chapter 14
648 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mythril Kanine Dagger RARE

A sharpened tooth made of Mythril.

Mythril o’Might Buff: Critical strikes deal 20% more damage.

Durability: 76/76

Base damage: 78

Affinites: Beast

 

Giant Ogre Hide Trousers  RARE

Made from the thick leather of a Giant Ogre. These trousers are stretchy and contain a large area for genitals.

Durability: 112/112

Defense Rating: 52/52

Affinities: None

 

Giant Ogre Club RARE

Made from wood from the Kuchunk Tree in the ogre homeland. It is the prized possession of any alpha ogre.

Requirement: 49 Strength

Durability: 234/234

Base damage: 97

Affinites: Earth

 

Bone Earrings RARE

Crafted with the utmost precision. They are able to hold 20 mana as long as the person wearing matches the affinities of the earrings.

Durability: 14/14

Mana: 20/20

Affinities: Death, Dark

...

“They are all the rares,” Sol stated, “About 20 uncommon and 50 common.”

“Tower, you want the club?” Sharp asked.

“Is this an attempt at apologising?” Tower asked as he rolled the last bandage around Mute’s bruise.

“Somewhat,” Sharp said with honesty.

“I’ll take it,” Tower said with a small smirk.

“Tower?” Elora asked, “What was that?”

Spike rolled his eyes, “Here we go.”

“I’m a dwarf, a royal one.” said Tower.

“You’re not a half-giant?” Elora asked.

Everyone cringed, “That’s a soft spot,” Sol added.

“It’s fine,” Tower said, “She doesn’t know. I carry the golden blood in me, passed down from my ancestors.”

“You remind me of that movie,” Elora said, “... The Marvel one.”

“Ragnarok?” Sharp asked, “The one with the blacksmith dwarf who made Stormbreaker?” 

The group looked at Sharp oddly, “I like to watch movies.” He protested.

“Yeah that one.”

“It has some accuracy in it,” Tower said. The man cleared his throat ready for a story, “In Lumina, before the Great Merge, the tales say that the dwarves and half-giants were fighting about who really were the direct descendants of giants. Odin was displeased with what he was witnessing and decided to send a real giant from Jötunheim.”

Sharp pushed his glasses up, “I’ve heard this before. Real giants are not just the size of a house or castle but the tallest of mountains,” he said.

Elora waited eagerly for Tower to continue while the group all yawned.

“And so the giant walked the lands of Lumina. The half-giants with their poor shelters were laid waste to, while the dwarves in their mountains survived. They thought they had won but that was not what Odin wanted them to see. They were both in fact descendants of giants. Odin then cursed the dwarven royalty, making them huge and grotesque to give them the appearance of half-giants. Then their followers would always view them as half-giants.”

Elora was sat down with her hands on her chin, “Is that true?” She asked.

Spike laughed while drinking hot soup, “Does he look like a half-giant?” He croaked.

“Your face looks dwarven but your size doesn’t, so the story must have some merit,” she truthfully said.

Tower sighed as he placed his wrist up and cut into it with a cooking knife. He summoned a vial from his storage pouch and caught the dripping blood. He then handed it over to Elora.

“You still are sworn to secrecy, remember?” Tower reminded.

Elora took the vial and held it up to the light that came through the top of the mine.

 

Blood of a Royal Dwarf. RARE

Affinites: Golden, Royalty.

“By Odin!” Elora exclaimed, “It’s true!”

She handed the vial back to him and Tower placed it back in his inventory.

“Anyone want these earrings?” Sol asked as he held them up.

“Death and dark affinities, they’d be useless to us,” Sharp said.

Mute, surprising everyone, opened her palm out. Sol placed them in her hand and she put them into her storage.

“Coin?” Spike asked.

“In total we got 16 silver and 43 copper,” Sharp said, “If Lady Evergrand does not wish for any we can split it five ways?” He said while glancing towards her.

She nodded.

Sol felt the silver splashing into his storage pouch, that amount of coin could have lasted him a whole month in Bandits Cove, now it was basically pocket change.

“We can sell the rest of the items at the black market,” Sharp said, “Unless anyone else wants the rares?” 

Sol picked up the mythril kanine dagger and looked into it with detail, “I’ll pass,” he shrugged, “What do you guys want to do with this?” he asked while pulling out the giant hurt.

Elora looked physically uncomfortable at the still beating heart.

“Put it into the stew,” Spike joked.

“Well we could, “ Sol replied honestly, “It’s immortal, it’s kind of like infinite food.”

“Like you?” Spike questioned.

“If you guys want to eat me then go ahead,” Sol joked.

“We will sell it at auction,” Tower interjected, “I think it will go for a staggering amount, other than Sol it’s the first immortal thing I’ve seen.”

“Epic’s can go upwards of 10 gold a pop,” Spike said, “Any noble will fish out a pretty penny for it even if it’s going to sit on the mantelpiece.”

Tower cracked his neck, “It’s settled then.”

The group finished the soup pot and started getting ready to advance to the next location. Mute seemed to be better but Tower insisted that she wasn’t going to fight. They all peered down to the bottomless hole in sync.

“I’m not sending my Raven down there,” Sharp said, “My senses cannot calibrate it correctly.”

The group looked at Sol.

“I’m not jumping down there,” he said, “we don’t even know how deep it is.”

Tower walked away and came back carrying a minecart with one hand, he chucked it into the hole and they all watched it disappear into the darkness. Sharp had his eyes closed the whole time.

They waited worryingly for a minute, but no sound came back. 

“Straight down to Hel then,” Spike stated.

“No,” Sharp replied, “It landed alright, but not on rock.”

“Water?” Tower asked.

Sharp shook his head worryingly, “we would of heard that, nor sand, so-”

“Bodies,” Sol finished as he stared into the abyss.

Sharp nodded, “Fresh too because there would be crunching noises.”

Elora cringed, “Why must it always be disgusting,” she moaned.

“Right now, that’s not the problem,” Tower said, “Getting down is our first priority.”

Spike chuckled to himself, “If only I brought some fairy dust, not that synthetic shit people always try to sell me.”

Tower looked concerned but it wasn’t that bad of an idea.

Fairy dust was like cocaine from Earth, it was harvested from fairies and it sold for huge amounts. It gave a powerful euphoric feeling for 20 minutes then it would eventually dim down for the next few hours. It was illegal of course but nothing was for the Unwanted. They had access to the blackmarket in Gaia which sold much worse things.

Elora cleared her throat, “I urm-” she coughed again, “I may have some.”

“The princess likes to party,” Spike remarked with a huge grin.

“I am not a princess,” she declared, “But I do like to party, yes.”

Tower looked at her, “Well how much do you have?” he asked.

“I don’t think we should be doing drugs on such a mission,” she replied.

“Do we look like ordinary adventures?” Sol asked, he too wasn’t keen on drugs but after all the substance would be useful in their situation.

“Agreed,” Tower said, “How much do you have then? The Unwanted will reimburse you.”

She coughed and under her breath said, “A kilo… ”

Spike’s eyes bulged, “The princess really does like to party; hard too.”

Tower kept his cool, “Questions aside,” he said, “It would be useful in this matter, would it be alright with you.”

She nodded with embarrassment.

“What grade?” Sol asked.

“Highest, 98%.” she replied.

Spike literally lost his mind, “Fucking 98, that shit will be amazing!” He shouted.

“Spike!” Tower grumbled.

“I understand that you all may see me in a different light but please know that I am still Elora Evergrand,” She pleaded.

Sol chuckled, “If anything we’ve got more respect, you’re practically Spike’s favourite person now.”

“That’s an understatement. I’ll write a song about you, I can be your footstool, I-I-”

“Enough!” Tower grumbled again, “Can I see it?” he asked.

Elora meekly pulled out a bag of golden dust, mana was pulsating through the whole bag. Sol had never seen such vast amounts of it and of such high grade.

She handed it to Tower who examined it, “How do we take it?” He asked. Tower, who was always a stickler for rules, never had taken any drugs in his life.

Both Spike and Elora went to speak, the bard backed down from the leader’s stern gaze, “The most… Pleasurable way is for someone to blow it in your face. The most efficient is to place it in your gums and the fastest way is to just plane snort it.”

Fairy dust had a very noticeable side effect- it partially avoided gravity.

Tower hesitantly stuck his thick fingers in the bag and pinched a small bit of it, he brought it up into his mouth and rubbed it into his gums.

“Shit, my phone,” Spike whined as he felt his pockets, “I can’t believe this is happening in front of me.”

Elora shushed him. “Well?” she asked.

“W-Woah,” Tower stuttered as he looked up to the ceiling, “I feel… Great.”

Spike clutched his stomach from the intense laughing fit he was trying to hide.

Tower lost his balance but Sol was there to catch him, the man felt extremely light.

“Can you try and jump?” Elora asked.

Tower bent his knees slowly and jumped, his body was like a balloon as it sailed 4 metres in the air. Sol jumped up to grab his foot and pulled him back down again.

“That should last roughly 10 minutes.” Elora said.

“Brilliant, I mean wow, this stuff… It’s-”

“Fairy dust is highly addictive,” Sharp said, “You don’t have any bloomfield flowers do you?”

“No, we- I consider it a waste,” Elora replied.

“Fighting undead high as kites- count me in.” Spike remarked.

Tower seemed to come back to his senses but he still had a small smirk on his face, “Everyone repeat what I did. This is expensive, if we fail this mission then it’s out of our pockets alright?”

The group nodded in agreement. 


Hi guys, author here, I hope you are enjoying the web novel so far. Putting it into your library and liking it really helps it get noticed by others. Keep on reading and I'll keep on posting.

27