Chapter 44- Sister Training Arc
476 1 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enjoy!

 

If you guys want to read ahead, you can here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted

 

Sivios.


Sol closed out of the social media and went digging in his wall sided wardrobe. He pulled out all of his armour and weapons he had collected over his time with the Unwanted. Many of them were far below what the entry line adventurers wore but they would do for training. He walked back into the lounge carrying the gear, to see his two sisters wearing leggings and tight tops.

“I’ve got good news,” Sol said.

“You’ve got a girlfriend?” Summer asked.

“What? No, why woul-”

“I heard you laughing from here,” Summer stated.

‘Shit, was I really that loud,’ Sol thought.

“Anyway, I’ve found you both tutors.”

“Who?” June asked.

“Well S-Mr. Demy has offered- free of charge,” Sol replied.

June’s face froze like she had seen a ghost, “You asked Mr. Demy?!” she squealed.

“Why not?” Sol questioned as she ran up and hugged him.

“Thank you. Wait, Mr. Demy is coming here? I need to clean my room-”

“Hold up June, we agreed there will be no ‘flirtatious literature’ when he’s helping you. Only when you go on a date,” Sol said firmly.

June didn't seem to mind, “Sure,” she said, trying to remain calm.

“And me?” Summer questioned.

“Elora Evergrand and Kara- hold on, let me check. Kara Field.” Sol said as he put his phone down.

“Stop joking, who is it?” Summer asked.

“I’m being serious, she’s a friend,” Sol said. “You saw me speak to her at the theatre.”

“No way.”

“Yes...? Why?” Sol pondered.

“You got Elora Evergrand and Kara Field to tutor me?” Summer asked; she looked as if her heart was about to burst.

“Yeah, that was who I was on the phone to. I don’t know Kara at all, but she said she’s going to come and help,” Sol replied.

“How could you afford them?” she asked, her breathing was rapid.

“They’re doing it free of charge, I said they’re friends- sorta,” Sol said.

“Oh my Odin, Elora Evergrand is coming to our house. I need to clean my room too,” Summer said as she shot up.

“Calm down, Summer. It won’t be a social event, they’ve come to help you. Same with you June, they’re doing me a favour and I want complete focus.”

Summer gulped, “Ok, sure. I-I-”

“I’ll give you guys a minute, meet me in the training room when this is over.”

His sisters didn’t reply so he took himself and the huge box into the room. It was at the back of the house and made with reinforced steel. It was fairly large and housed with equipment and a lot of open space for sparring. He started to lay out all the armour and weapons on the floor as his sisters stepped in.

“Woah, you’ve been hiding all these?” June asked.

“No, not hiding- just collections over the years,” Sol replied.

He instructed his sisters to stand over them and they did.

“So, the first thing to do is pick your weapon and armour type. Metal armour for heaviness and durability, leather for mobility. You guys understand?”

“We’re not idiots, Sol.”

“Fair enough. So pick.”

The two bent down and began sifting through all the weapons. There were at least 30 weapons there and half that of armour. Summer seemed to hover over heavy leather like Tower wears, and a huge battle-axe that she picked up fairly easily for her size.

“Battle-axe?” Sol questioned.

“Yeah? I think it’s cool.”

“It’s not the most glamorous though?”

“Fighting is not about glamour, Sol. You of all people should know that,” she half-lied.

Sol threw his hands up in the air. “Pick what you want.”

Summer put on the heavy armour and held the battle axe with one hand. It was strange to see his sister in armour but it suited her well. It would make sense too if she was a mana enhancer rather than a mage.

June picked out cloth with a staff the same height as her.

“Did you want some heavier armour? Chainmail or at least light leather?” Sol asked.

“I like the cloth; it doesn’t restrict my hand movements and the staff will only be defensive.”

“Alright, take everything off now and put them to the side,” Sol ordered.

“Awwww why?” Summer moaned as she spun the axe terribly in her hands.

“You should learn to fight with your hands first. Opens up more paths for combat,” Sol explained.

June and Summer reluctantly put the weapons in the corner, while Sol tidied the rest of the weapons and armour up. The two sisters stood in the center with Sol facing them. In truth, he was looking forward to this part.

“Hit me,” Sol said. From all the times his sisters gave him trouble, it felt like deserved revenge.

“What? Why? Shouldn’t we be doing some press ups or cardio?” Summer complained.

June rolled her eyes. “We don’t want to hurt you.”

Sol laughed. “It’s funny that you think you can even touch me.”

“Alright, Sol. Just don’t cry when it hurts,” Summer boasted.

Sol stood tall; he was now 6,5ft and had a lean but muscular build. His high endurance and strength gave him the appearance of a basketball player with more muscles than average.

Summer was 5,9ft; she had an athletic build but more endurance since she did dance. June, on the other hand, was stockier. She didn’t do any sort of fitness and her cardio was awful. She stood at 5,7ft.

Summer ran up first making the worst fist possible. It wasn’t even on track to hit his head. The punch missed and Sol kicked out her leg; she fell to the lightly cushioned floor.

June opened her mouth in shock. “Sol, you can’t do that?”

Summer rolled on the floor and painful moans came every second.

“Why? What if I was a rapist or thief? I wouldn’t care if I hurt you.”

June grimaced as she ran forwards with a better made fist in her hand. Sol didn’t move at all.

Just before the punch hit, she tucked it in and spun around with her foot in the air to kick. Sol smiled; she was smart and thought it might throw him off. Sol moved three inches to the right and lightly pushed her shoulder with his hand. The off balanced June fell down to the floor, although not as hard as Summer, but still enough to hurt.

“Sol!” Summer shouted, “I thought this was going to be fun.”

“It is for me,” Sol laughed.

Until midnight, the two sisters tried their absolute hardest to hit him. They tried everything: one at a time, together, flying kicks, body charges- nothing worked.

Both sisters were lying on the ground sweating profusely and breathing heavily.

“You guys are terrible,” Sol stated with his hands behind his back. He was absolutely fine, he didn’t even break a sweat.

“What are you made of?” Summer croaked.

“Same again tomorrow? After your lessons?” Sol asked.

“Yeah,” June said as she sat up. “Are you actually going to teach us or just beat us up?”

“What do you mean? I just defended myself; I didn’t attack once. We will eventually but everyone needs to scrap before boxing.”

“I wanna try again. You really hurt me,” Summer complained, rubbing her elbow.

Sol rolled his eyes. “Stop being so soppy Summer. At least June thought about her attacks.”

He chucked them both towels to wipe themselves and he headed to bed. He slept well that night. He thought about the most recent fight and his class. He still needed to be able to summon the damn demon- it was haunting him almost.

Sol woke up early; he made himself a hearty breakfast and went on a 40 mile run. In old Earth, a casual 40 mile run was that of an olympic athlete, but in Gaia it was minor. People could run three times as fast and sustain themselves ten times better.

He walked back into the house to see his sisters slumped on the sofa.

“Sleep well?” Sol joked.

They just moaned in response.

“Mr. Demy is turning up at 11, and Elora, and… Kara was it? They’re turning up at 12 or later.”

“I still can't believe it,” Summer said. “Do you know how famous Elora is?”

Sol shrugged. “You guys want some breakfast?”

“Stimberry smoothie please,” June croaked.

“Lumina special, coming right up.”

“Can I get one too?” Summer asked.

The three siblings cleaned up and prepared for the tutors to show up. Sol felt a little anxious cleaning up; perhaps it was Sharp coming or possibly even Elora. He dressed in a comfortable shirt and trousers, while his two sisters had dressed up like they were going out.


If you guys want to read ahead, you can here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted

Sivios.

21