Chapter 46- A Sign Of Trouble
454 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author: Hey guys, if you want to read ahead, you can here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted


Chapter 46


Sol sat down in the lounge and started to browse online shopping. He ordered uncommon gear that suited his sisters best. He didn’t want to get them anything too serious yet.

He found a nice crimson robe that boosted mana regeneration for June and a elf-wood staff that increased her dexterity for casting runes. For Summer, he found a pair of gauntlets that offered an increase in constitution. He couldn’t find much else that suited her; fire affinity clothing was always through the roof because of Elora. Every fire-affinity item was triple that of any other.

He spent the next 20 minutes looking for a present for June’s birthday. The online markets were terrible for anything unique or remotely powerful. He wanted something to give her protection like Summer’s bulwark necklace but June hated wearing necklaces. A jumper or cloak would be the best thing she’d like, or perhaps a headband or shoes.

Sol laughed to himself. ‘Shoes’ he thought.

Sipping on a stimberry smoothie, his phone pinged loudly. A sudden sense of dread filled himas as he remembered what that sound meant.

 

‘CODE BLACK- ALL IMMEDIATE RESPONDERS IN NEW LONDON OR HAVE ACCESS TO TELEPORTER ARE TO IMMEDIATELY REPORT TO THE FIRST WALLS OF NEW LONDON

CODEBLACK- CLASS 7 MONSTER HORDE INBOUND. PROJECTED 253,000 ENTITIES OF AVERAGE LEVEL 35. ETA- 2 HOURS AND 3 MINUTES.’

 

“Oh fuck!” Sol exclaimed as he shot up.

Sharp came bursting through the training room door. “Did you get that?!”

Sol nodded and ran to get his storage pouch.

The rest of them came in wondering what was going on; then they themselves received a text.

 

‘NATIONWIDE ANNOUNCEMENT- MONSTER HORDE INBOUND TO NEW LONDON. ANY ADVENTURERS PRESENT PLEASE REPORT AT THE FIRST WALL OF NEW LONDON. ALL CIVILIANS SEEK SHELTER IMMEDIATELY. IF YOU CANNOT SEEK SHELTER, THERE ARE SAFE ZONES UNDER EVERY STATION OR MAJOR INTERSECTION. DO NOT COME OUT UNTIL INSTRUCTED BY GOVERNING BODIES.’

 

Summer gasped.

“Monster horde? Isn’t it in two months?” June questioned.

Sol came running downstairs. “You two- in the bunker now,” he ordered his sisters.

“Are you not coming?” June asked.

“I’m an adventurer,” Sol said. “Come on,”

The two sisters followed him down into the basement and then to the bunker door. It was made with reinforced steel and it would take a monster a few few bashes to knock down.

“There’s food and water inside- don’t come out even if someone tells you. Only when you hear my voice,” Sol instructed.

He brought his two sisters into a tight hug and then closed the metal door on them. He rushed back upstairs to see everyone suiting up.

“Did you drive here?” Sol asked Elora and Kara.

Kara flashed her keys.

“You guys ready?” Sol asked.

They all nodded. Sharp pulled the bow across his back and whistled loudly. As the group exited the house, Sharp’s raven landed on his shoulder.

“So cool!” Kara squealed.

As they left the property, Sol bent down into the grass outside his house and pulled up a switch from the ground. He flowed mana into it and it started releasing a gas that surrounded the house.

“They’re expensive,” Sharp stated.

“Worth it,” Sol said. He turned to Kara. “Mind if I drive?”

“Sure,” Kara said as she chucked him the keys.

Sol caught them and turned to face a 6 windowed bright pink range rover. The rims were pink, the mirrors were pink, even the headlights were pink. He stopped dead in his tracks, cocking his head. “Really?” Sol questioned.

“What?” Kara asked, feeling insulted. “Her name is Francine.”

“Right,” Sol said as he ran around the car.

Sol got in the driver seat while Sharp got in the passenger and the two mages sat in the back.

“You have to change,” Sharp explained. “Your sisters will see.”

Sol nodded and switched the ignition on and the radio blasted out.

 

“♫If you wanna be my lover, you gotta get with my friends, make it last forever, friendship never endssss♫”

“Here we go,” Sol said as his foot went down on the accelerator. He of course, left the music on. “Sharp, take the wheel,” Sol said.

“Ohhh, so you’re Sharp. I kept getting confused, I thought you were Spike,” Kara remarked.

“Lady Field, that is very insulting,” Sharp said as he swerved around three cars.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I-”

“He’s joking; Spike is just... Eccentric,” Elora remarked.

“Gotcha.”

Sol took his shirt off and trousers, exposing his tattoo and thousands of tallies. He could tell Kara and Elora were eyeing him up. He could literally hear them whispering in the back.

He put on a loose cotton shirt and baggy cargo trousers. He hooked his two daggers on his belt and threw his mask on his face.

“Woah, that’s so cool. I wanna do a mission with the Unwanted,” Kara whined.

“No you don’t,” Elora corrected. “You remember when I almost died?”

“Oh, yeah,” Kara mused.

Sol took the wheel back and pushed the accelerator down further. Sharp threw his mask on too and then called Tower.

“Tower, you got the message?” Sharp asked, putting the phone to his ear.

“Yeah-” Tower said with ragged breath, “I’m running to the nearest town and taking a teleporter. I’ll be at the closest one to the first wall.”

“Ok, me and Immortal are en route. We have Lady Evergrand and Kara fielding with us but we have enough room for the team. I’ll call Spike after, where’s Mute?” Sharp asked.

“I don’t know how long it will take for her but she’s already left- expect her to turn up before the horde comes.” Tower replied.

“This is totally unexpected,” Sharp said. “There wasn’t supposed to be one for 2 months.”

“We’ll find out after,” Tower stated. “I’ll let you guys call Spike- I’ll bet a silver he’s in the red light district.”

“That’s unfair,” Sol said.

“Tough shit, I’ll call you when I’m near,” Tower said.

Sharp ended the call and dialed Spike’s number.

“Spike! Where are you?”

Loud moans came from the other side of the phone.

“Red Light district, Bethnal street,” Spike barely managed to say.

“Fuck sake,” Sol said as he clicked his teeth.

“Ok,” Sharp glanced at his watch, “23 minutes, be outside then.”

“Roger, Mr. Pointy.”

Sharp closed the phone loudly and realigned the bow on his shoulder.

“Move!” Sol shouted as he swerved around a truck. He lifted the handbrake and hit a turn into a tight corner.

“Sharp,” Elora said. “Did you get any more information from the Unwanted?”

“Class 7 Horde, average level of 35, 253,000 monsters projected.”

“Class 7!” Kara exclaimed. “There hasn’t been one that large for a decade.”

“Indeed, Lady Field. I have a slight feeling there is something wrong.”

“Same with me,” Sol said. “Naturally, we should get a 2 week warning at the least.”

Sol drove up on a distribution road and really revved poor Francine. He climbed to 130mph as he bombed down the fast lane while honking a silly clown horn.

“She really moves,” Sol declared.

“Thank you.”

Sol drifted off the distribution road and skidded through an intersection. The traffic was heavy, everyone was trying to get home or escape into Bandits Cove below.

Sol screamed through the red light district. It was supring how fast husbands ran out of whore houses. The streets were packed with half naked people, all running for cover.

Monster hordes happen a few times every year. They were almost like an event, like how a dungeon is. The monsters in the surrounding areas increase the breeding rate until a leader will show up. The leader will then guide hundreds of thousands of monsters towards a large population. In the early days of Gaia, monster hordes were the words of doom. People could barely defend against them. Now with more advanced technology and better defensive techniques, they were easier to defend against. They still cost countless lives however.

Sol spotted Spike as he was running out of a fairly nice brothel. He had a hat over his privates and had a storage pouch between his teeth.

Sol rolled down the middle passenger seat window and yanked on the handbrake. Spike spotted the pink vehicle and a huge smile grew on his face. He chucked his mask on and started running toward it.

“We’re moving in style baby!” he shouted as he ran for the rolled down window.

“Wait, Sol, he’s no-”

It was too late, Spike was running full steam for the open window. He threw the hat away and dived in fully naked into the middle seats- all over Elora and Kara. His penis slapped against the center console and his head landed on Elora’s knees. Poor Kara seemed to have gotten the worst.

“Ladies,” Spike said romantically.

“EW! Why is it sticky?” Kara exclaimed innocently.

“My urm... Secret sauce.” Spike said as he pushed himself up.

“It is ejaculate, Lady Field.” Sharp explained. “I advise you to clean your hands. Preferably with antiseptic ”

Kara shook her hands and brought out a bottle of water to clean them.

Spike sat in the middle of the two women completely nude. He outstretched his arms over the two and the mages winced while reeling back.

“The smell is worse than the sight, Spike,” Sol sniffed as he turned a corner.

“What’s going on anyway? Monster Horde? Thought it was a test to be honest.”

“Put some clothes on for Odin sake. You’re sitting naked with two ladies of high society,” Sharp said.

Spike clocked his head to the side to see Elora glaring at him. 

“Lady Elora?. How marvellous it is to see you,” Spike said mockingly. “And who is this cute bunny lady here?” He outstretched his hand for a shake.

Kara managed to weakly smile but didn’t shake his hand. “Kara Fielding of the High Temple. I’m sure this isn’t the most pleasant greeting.”

“Indeed, your ears are wonderful!” Spike exclaimed in his posh accent again.

He put a scarf on and crossed his legs. 

“Spike! Clothes now! or Tower will beat your head in.” Sol stated.

“Fine, Fine,” Spike said while rolling his eyes and finally started to put clothes on. After he had finished he switched seats with Kara so he could smoke out the window.

“What is that smell?” Kara mused while wafting her nose.

“I call Spike’s essence. It’s made up on ejactulate as Sharp previously mentioned, 3 litres of sweat, lube, anal lube, vaginal excrement and a few drops of devils blood.”

“Devil’s blood?” Kara asked.

“My, my, well aren’t you a questioning one,” Spike mused. He still hadn’t come out of his pompous state the entire time.

“It is a dirty drug. It’s brain fluid from a giant dung beetle,” Elora answered instead.

“Gross!” Kara said. “You guys are strange.”

“Nope, sorry,” Sol said. “That’s just Spike. He’s a support class… Barely.”

“I’ll have-”

“There is a monster horde inbound in an hour and a half. I repeat, there is a monster horde inbound in an hour and a half. Seek shelter immediately. If you cannot seek shelter, there are bunkers at every station or major intersection.” Loud speakers rang out across New London.

Sharp picked up his phone as he got a ring.

“Where are you? I’m on a pad right now,” Tower’s voice came through.

“Approaching M3 at the Grandcross station,” Sharp replied.

“I’ll meet you on it, what are you driving?”

“Urmm, stretched range rover, 61 series, all pink,” Sol answered.

“Is it yours?” Tower questioned.

“I wish,” Sol said.

“Ok, now stepping out at Ruthford station,” Tower said.

 “ETA 2 minutes, Tower.”

“Roger, Sharp.”

Sol screamed around another corner and pulled the handbrake up. Rubber was burnt as it screeched to a halt just before Tower’s feet. He was wearing a mask already.

Sol popped open the boot and the giant man clambered in.

“Hit it!” Tower said.

“Where’s Mute?” Sharp asked.

“She’s somewhere, now texting her our location and car.”

“Good afternoon, Tower,” Elora said.

“Well it’s nice to see you, Elora. And you are?” he asked.

“Kara Fielding, we were with So-Immortal and Sharp when we got the message.” Kara said.

“Nice to meet you anyway Kara. I’m Tower, and you’ve already met Spike. What were you guys doing together?”

They all went to speak at once but then all stopped.

“Double date!” Elora shouted at the top of her lungs.

Tower seemed to hesitate before speaking, “Ok, shouldn’t have asked- my bad,” he said. “Sol, can you put down the sun-roof?”

The sun roof came down and a few seconds later Mute silently entered the car.

“Hi!” Kara said. “Nice to meet you, I’m Kara Field.”

Mute faced forward as she sat in the rear seats in front of Tower and ignored her completely.

“She doesn’t speak,” Tower explained.

Sol’s phone started ringing and he answered it without looking.

“Immortal? Are you there?” Ozark questioned.

“Ozark, why are you calling me?” Sol questioned, it was strange for a smith to be calling at this moment.

“I’m on the responders list- don’t ask why I’m on there, but they said I need a team. I can fight well, I promise.”

“I’m not so sure, Ozark. We’re raptors, you would barely scrape fodder.”

“Please Immortal, I’ll make you anything you want and I’ll be your smith for your group. Free of charge.”

“You would be paid by the org- hold on-” Sol said as he pressed the mute button on his phone.

“It’s Ozark, she says she wants to fight with our group,” Sol said to his team.

“She’s not even Fodder rank,” Tower stated.

Sol shrugged as he put the car into a corner. “She said she wants to be our smith. Since we are allowed one now that we are Raptor rank.”

“Has Kara taken the oath by the way?” Tower asked.

“Yes, beforehand,” Elora said.

“Oh ok, thank Odin. I mean we do need one? Mercy said he’s organising an admin for us too. I’m not a fan of her but she’s good at what she does. Vote on it?”

Kara raised her hand up but Elora quickly put it down.

“Yeah, I’m cool,” Spike said.

“I vote yes, she’s proficient to the point of madness,” Sharp said.

“I’m in.” Sol added.

Tower looked at Mute who seemed to be in.

“I was going to say no but I lost anyway,” Tower said.

“Are you still ok with it? Who else did you have in mind?” Sol asked.

“She just scares me a bit, on a different level.”

Sol laughed while slapping the steering wheel, “Tower- scared of an insect girl,” he croaked.

Tower just rolled his eyes and coughed.

Sol took the phone off mute, “Ozark, you’re in. But there’s rules.”

“Yes, Immortal. Of course. I will not disappoint you- Ma’am- Sir.”

“Number one, don’t be creepy. Two, no freaking Tower out. Three, don’t die today.”

“Yes-yes of course. Shall I meet you on the wall? I can teleport to it right now.” Ozark said with excitement.

“Teleport near Vasthall Station, passing by there in a second.”

“Ok, see you then… Sir.”

Sol put the phone back in his pocket.

“We’re picking her up,” Sol said. “She’s fighting with us today,”

“Her funeral,” Tower said, grudgingly.

They pulled up at the station and saw the little insect girl run up to the car without her mask on.

“Mask Ozark!” Sol shouted.

She fumbled with it in her hand and managed to put it on. She opened the middle door first but realised it was full then she got in the back seat with Mute.

She took her mask straight off when she sat down, “Phew, it was-”

“Ozark, mask now!” Tower bellowed.

His voice scared the little insect girl so much she dropped the mask. Tower just slapped his forehead. Ozark picked it up again and hurriedly put it on. She peered over the car seats to see two people she had never met before.

“I’m Elora Evergrand and this is Kara Field,” Elora said, turning around to the little insect girl.

“Hi!” Was all that Ozark said and turned to look at the buildings zooming past her. It was obvious she didn’t know who they were or just didn’t care.

Spike exhaled a puff of his cigarette, “I like her.” 

Elora turned around with a blank expression and faced the front of the car, annoyed that she wasn’t recognised.

Sol turned a corner into a huge group of people at the main entrance gates to New London.

“Kara, we’re gonna have to leave it here. We’ll reimburse you for the car.”

“No worries, it was my mum's anyway,” Kara said calmly.

“Shall we get to it?” Sol asked as he drove into an alley and switched off the engine.


Author: Hey guys, if you want to read ahead, you can here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted

18