Chapter 49- Class 7 Monster Horde Part 3
431 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 49- Class 7 Monster Horde Part 3


“Two minutes, should be coming into view now,” Sharp said.

And the boss did come into view. It was a ghoul with a large scythe strapped across its back. It looked to be around 10ft and it was dripping with shadow magic. It didn’t seem to have a face; its hands were elongated and grotesque. It was riding a giant wolf the size of a church.

CONTINENT BOSS, MONSTER HORDE BOSS, Level 139 Dark Ghoul Reaper, Herder of Souls, Unbridled Speed, Scythe Grand Master, Split Soul, (See More)

The magical power coming off the boss was something else. It was strange to Sol- he didn’t fear the powerful creatures of the Euclid Dimension but this was something else. Becoming a boss granted an entity with power twice that of its level. It seemed crazy to even quantify its magical power.

Not only was it powerful but it was clearly smart, riding animals along with creating a formation of monsters around itself. Sol identified the wolf beneath.

CITY BOSS, Level 89 Giant Alpha Shadow Wolf, KIN OF FENRIR, FIRST MONSTER, Shadow Caster, Orichaulcum Teeth, Reinforced Bones.

It was black like the night sky, only its teeth reflected colour. It’s paws were the size of a car and left giant footprints in the dusty ground.

“Mother of Freya,” Tower remarked.

“A city boss too, this is… It’s too much,” Sol stated.

Sol paused for a moment as he felt a powerful presence behind him. It was Mercy, and he was followed by anothers seven Elders. The Unwanted parted out of their way as the bone mage calmly walked past them.

Sol had never seen Mercy go all out, many people had told him what Mercy was capable of but he never seemed like the rumors. He was always calm and collected and rarely showed emotion. He moved up fast in the rankings of the Unwanted. Since Sol joined, he had been moved up to Elder within two years.

Regardless of someone's loyalty or organisation skills, progressing to Elder rank required power. It required the ability to decimate hundreds of monsters within a minute while being able to command thousands of soldiers- and admin skills.

The higher level monster horde started to approach. The smaller fry ran around them but were slaughtered by the numbers on the wall and ground. There were only about 200,000 monsters left but still the horde came.

“Unwanted!” Mercy shouted, looking behind him and raising his hand. “Begin!”

Sol, Tower and Mute started to run away from the Elders and towards the more powerful monsters. They were to clear out the route to the boss and then let the Elders deal with them.

“I’m gonna activate my mark!” Tower shouted, “Clear a huge chunk out.”

“On it! Unwanted, match my speed!” Sol commanded.

The group slowed slightly as Tower ran full speed ahead. His footsteps felt like thunder before the skill even activated. A golden aura engulfed Tower as his muscles bulged and his footsteps began to shake the ground.

Tower roared as he sprinted full charge into the horde. He dual wielded his giant hammer and club. Monsters crumbled under the pressure and were damaged; they died with a final strike of his weapons.

“Holy shit, is that guy a Calamity?” one asked.

“Nah, he’s Raptor. Should be though,” another replied.

Tower disappeared and the rest of the Unwanted met the rest of the horde. They were starting to circle around the boss. These monsters were tougher; their skin was harder to pierce and they moved much faster.

Nevertheless, they moved through the toughened horde, not stopping for any of their dead. Their only objective was to kill- and kill they did. On the wall, the mages of the High Temple were chucking spells hundreds of metres away with pinpoint accuracy.

“I’d never thought I’d be fighting with the Unwanted,” a male dressed in a golden robe said enthusiastically.

“Elora got so lucky, and she met the Immortal,” another replied.

“You know, there’s got to be a gimmick to it. Like a time reversal or something like that.”

Ozark was standing among them, clutching the wrench on her skinny fingers. She was tiny compared to the mages, and her shabby clothes and burnt hair made her stick out like a sore thumb.

“Who are you?” one of them asked Ozark who was looking over the battlefield.

The little insect girl didn’t realise and continued to clutch her wrench. One of the mages touched her shoulder.

“Hi!” the mage said, passive aggressively.

“Oh hi! I’m Ozark,”

“What are you doing up here?”

“She’s with me,” Sharp said as he came over after firing a few shots. “Focus on your own magic.”

The mage put their hands on their hips; they went to protest the rudeness but a strong glare from Elora shut them down. Sharp grabbed Ozark's hand and pulled her to the side.

“What are you still doing here? It’s dangerous. I can try and keep you in the Unwanted so just leave now.”

Ozark tucked her hands into her chest. “I’m just waiting for the right time.”

Sharp sighed as he fired off a mana arrow without looking. “Ozark, what is this project?”

“Y-y-you’ll see. Just trust me.”

Sharp looked at her eyes through the mask, she wasn’t lying.

He sighed. “When’s the right time?”

“I don’t think it can kill the boss but maybe help.”

She still wasn’t lying, Sharp became uneasy. What had she made?

“Ok, let me know beforehand,” Sharp said, firing off another blind mana arrow.

“Yes, Sir!” Ozark spluttered. “Thank you, Sir.”

Sharp’s eyes turned white as he shared vision with his raven.

“Mercy, there’s 6 ghouls on smaller wolves surrounding the main boss. I believe the soul split title means he is all of them at once.”

“Are you sure?” Mercy replied.

“Absolute, Sir.”

“Keep me updated.”

Sharp’s eyes returned to normal and he looked over the battlefield. It was a bloody mess. He had been involved with countless before but he had never seen such death and destruction; bodies were piled up to 15ft tall and the ground was soaked in 2 inches of blood- a mixture of human and monster.

“Elora, can you burn those piles towards the east? It will create an easier funnel for the frontline.”

“Sure,” Elora said as two blue fire balls appeared in her hand.

Back down on the battlefield, Mercy was walking towards the boss. In front of them was just dust and dead bodies. They had been cleared out and now the giant wolves were a minute sprint away.

“Elders, shall we begin?” Mercy asked calmly, hands behind his back.

“On your mark,” one replied.

The Elders dispersed in a semi circle, dropping their cloaks and sheathing their weapons.

Mercy cracked his own neck and then his hands. He stretched them in the air and the magical power created a mirage in his palms. Bones from the dead bodies began to push themselves out and fly towards the bone mage.

Thousands of bones started to circle around Mercy. He grunted as his mana was sucked out of him in the hundreds. He applied a buff to all the bones above him and then turned to face the giant wolf. It would be easier to face the ghoul without its tame.

Mercy gave a final look towards his fellow Elders, it was probably going to be the toughest fight of their life. A few more Calamity ranks joined them at the side, Boseman included.

Mercy moved his hands slowly down and the bones above him flew towards the wolves. The bones packed such magical power they managed to penetrate the hides of the smaller giant wolves.

The ones that were aiming for the main boss disintegrate into dust. Not many entities could do that and Mercy felt alarmed. The city boss wolf opened its mouth and a black ball of shadow magic began forming. It wasn’t aimed towards them but rather the wave.

“Shields!” Mercy shouted.

An Elder stepped forward and summoned three enormous shields in the direction of the gate. The rest of them moved frantically to the side.

The shadow magic ball grew to the size of a house and was ejected at a terrifying velocity at the gate at the front of the city. It collided with the three shields which barely slowed its trajectory and it split open the gate in one shot. The protective runes flashed but they were no use.

“Advance, don’t let any past us!” Mercy ordered.

The group sprinted forwards and engaged the wolves, the ghouls riding on top started firing shadow projectiles that were easily dodged. Shadow magic was a unique type of magic, it was fuzzy yet sharp and not much was known about it.

An Elder jumped up with an enormous spear, it grew three times the size and glowed a turquoise. They brought it across a wolf's face leaving a nasty gash. The wolf went to strike back but the Elder teleported away.

Mercy applied a buff to himself and his bones became three times as light. He dashed forward in a blur and went to strike a smaller wolf's leg. The man was a master of anatomy and knew where every weak point of every monster and man was.

His fist collided with the stifle joint of the wolf, his unique magic added to the force, and the entire leg broke in half. The wolf howled in pain and went for a bite but Mercy was too fast. He dodged with excellency and spun around for a kick in the underbelly of the wolf.

The wolf wheezed and dropped to the floor. The ghoul on top teleported down to Mercy and swung a huge mace his way. He was taken off guard and moved backwards a few metres.

While the ghoul was distracted, Boseman suppressed the lesser wolf with his sound waves while a merfolk Elder slashed at it with an axe made of ice. The ghoul turned around and Mercy acted fast. He stuck close to the ground as he moved in for a kick to its chest while it was distracted.

The ghoul saw it coming but couldn’t react in time and the force sent in barreling into the wolf. The spear wielding Elder teleported in close and stabbed his spear into its heart and triggered a skill. His spear began to vibrate, carving a larger hole inside of the ghoul.

The Elder lifted it up into the air and Mercy began to crush its bones with his magic. The bone mage yelled as his fingers curled up and he poured more mana into snapping its neck. A loud crack echoed around and the ghouls body went limp.

“Watch out!” an Elder screamed.

The city boss leapt over it’s dead brethren and opened its mouth to go in for a bite. The Elder grabbed Mercy and teleported away with him.

The city boss skidded down and looked for where they went. The boss on top of the wolf held out his hand and the shadowy ghoul was absorbed back into itself.

CONTINENT BOSS, MONSTER HORDE BOSS, Level 140(+1) Dark Ghoul Reaper, Herder of Souls, Unbridled Speed, Scythe Grand Master, Split Soul, (See More)

“When you kill one, put the body in your pouch!” Mercy said over the earpieces.

“Roger, two down over here.”

“That’s four more to go.”

“Mercy!” The Elder next to him shouted. He grabbed the bone mage and teleported further away with him.

The city boss leapt on them a second later. It reeled back again and let off a magical howl. Shadow magic seeped out of its mouth and into the sky, it seemed to go up and up and then it dyed the whole sky black as if it was night. Light was still present but it was the effect that was troubling.

You have been affected by Shadowed Sun.

All enemies within the area's darkness will take +10% Increased damage and will regenerate mana, stamina and health 25% slower.

“Group up on Iceman!” Mercy ordered.

The group retreated to a merfolk covered in ice armour.

“He’s consuming the ghouls, they are all a part of him,” Mercy explained.

“We should still focus on the wolves,” an Elder offered.

“Agreed,” Mercy said, “Stay clear of the boss, he has yet to show his cards.”

The group split off again into two small teams and headed for the backline. Many of them started to pop their most powerful skills and spells. Bones from the dead wolves were sucked out and they were turned into liquid. It covered Mercy’s body and formed terrifying bone armour.

More bones sucked themselves out of bodies and started to hover above Mercy’s head. He fired them towards the wolves eyes as they ran forward.

The Merfolk Elder known as Iceman activated his skill and the air around him froze. The mana density in the area swelled tenfold- if a fodder rank even stepped near they would drop dead in a minute.

They sprinted away from the boss, aiming for the other ghouls on the weaker wolves. The battle ensued and a showcase of New London’s most powerful Unwanted took place.

A normal observer would only see blurs as the experienced Elders moved like lightning around the wolves and ghouls. Every time the boss got close they dispersed, there was no chance they could face it with only 8 of them.

At long last they killed the last of the wolves except for the city boss. They had managed to kill off another two ghouls and now only four were left. The group were at their full potential now- mana and health potions were being popped every minutes.

“Back up!” Mercy ordered.

The Elders went to regroup but the boss decided they had other plans.

“Enough!” The boss screamed like a thousand souls were trapped inside it’s voice.

A black shockwave of shadow magic extended out from him like a nuclear bomb, it was unavoidable and hit all of the Elders. The magic pulse blackened their skin and dealt enormous damage. They all fell to the floor in pain.

The boss levitated off its wolf and floated down near them.

“Insolent mortals,” the boss spoke.

Mercy stood up and downed a health potion, as did the rest. Heals from the wall washed over them.

“Your city shall fall, none of you stand a chance against me.”

“He’s alone, we should go for him,” an Elder whispered over the earpiece.

“Weak mortals and their cheap tactics!” The boss screamed, his voice echoing thousands others.

The dark reaper ghoul emitted another shockwave of shadow magic and the Elders were flung backwards again.

The boss was just far too powerful for them, they needed at least 30 more Elders to even get close. The boss moved forward at an alarming rate towards the injured Elders, it lifted its scythe high in the sky and let out a devastating cleave attack.

Their protection items popped off, saving their lives but prolonging the inevitable. They all still layed down on the ground, their health bars in the red. All it was going to take was a final strike to finish them off.


Extra chapters ahead of schedule here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted

Sivios.

18