Chapter 50- Class 7 Monster Horde Part 4
432 2 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 50- Class 7 Monster Horde Part 4


On the wall, Sharp’s jaw dropped as he saw Ozark pull a monstrosity out of her pouch. It dropped over the edge and clunked into the blood stained battlefield.

“By all things, Ozark. What is that?!” Sharp questioned in horror.

“I’ve been working on it for 3 years! My lifelong project. Look, it’s even got the Immortal’s head,” she exclaimed, then leaned in for a whisper. “Don’t worry, I put some makeup on it.”

The little insect girl brought out a remote controller filled with hundreds of switches. In the middle was a giant joystick. She pressed her finger down on a red button and her creation began to clunk and splutter as it came alive.

“I give you! Ozark’s Monster!” she screamed like a joyful child.

Four giant legs, made up of different types of monsters and machinery whizzed to life. The four legs connected to a huge body that looked to be able to swivel around in seconds. It was made partly from a giant ogre with the gut being the most obvious. The sides of the stomach were made with interlocking gears and cogs that merged with the flesh. Six arms of again- varying monsters and machinery that could swivel on a 360 degree point if needed.

They were each carrying different weapons, two of them held magical staff and the rest were elongated tools to match the monster's incredible size. On the top of the body was Sol’s head wearing pale white makeup with bright red rosy cheeks.

“It-It-” Sharp muttered.

“It’s pretty cool right, watch this.”

She flicked another lever and the part monster part machine stood up tall. It reached the top of the gate in terms of size and its giant stomach turned around to face the battlefield. Sol’s head spun around too and his mouth began to open and close like a puppet.

“I am Ozark’s Monster!” The little insect girl's voice came out from a speaker inside Sol’s mouth and moved out of sync with the speech pattern.

“Now Charge!” Ozark yelled with her high pitched voice as she flicked dozens of switches at once.

Sharp managed to identify it.

Ozark’s Monster, Level 92 Giant Mecha-Zombie.

The giant monstrosity started to run full force towards the boss, it’s footsteps caused more of an impact than Tower’s raged form.

The boss seemed to notice the monstrosity coming towards itself and laughed. “A final trick, how pitiful.”

The boss performed a cleave attack with its scythe, launching a shadow magic projectile towards the mecha-zombie. Ozark fiddled with her controller and her creation bent backwards at a 90 degree angle to dodge the attack. It passed straight over Ozark’s Monster. Cogs turned and the monster stood upright again; it hadn’t lost any of its momentum.

The boss fired a concentrated shockwave towards the creation but it just tanked it without slowing one bit. It’s skin became blackened but Ozark pressed a green button and the skin started to regenerate.

The boss seemed to huff.

Ozark’s creation took the boss’s full attention away as it levitated over to it. The insect girl had a devilish smile on her face.

The creation held a staff out and a rock dome grew out from the battlefield and encased the boss. It only took one swing of its scythe to break but the creation was nowhere to be seen.

It had jumped in the air with its four powerful legs and was about to land on the boss. It brought a sword and spear from two of its arms and crossed them as it dropped on top of the ghoul.

The ghoul blocked it with minimal effort, it went to backhand the creation but it was caught in an instant. Sol’s pretty face slammed into the ghouls head, it did almost no damage but it caught the boss off guard.

“Mercy, you need to retreat. Ozark has bought you enough time,” Sharp said on the ear piece.

“We can’t, it will enter the city. The gate is wide open and any others won’t stand a chance.”

“If you all die now then we have zero chance,” Sharp said.

Mercy breathed heavily down the line, “Ok.” He turned to the other Elders, “We’ll retreat to the gate now, anyone injured?”

Iceman rolled on his side exposing a huge wound. He brought his ice axe up to it and cold burned his own skin.

“That won’t last long,” he said. “I’ll need a healer.”

An Elder threw his arm over his shoulder and they rushed around the boss to the wall.

The boss kicked Ozark’s creation back, the amount of force concentrated caused a huge hole inside its chest but the machine still operated fine. Out of the corner of its eye, it spotted the retreating Elders. It went to move to them but the mecha-zombie forced its attention when it moved in front.

“Move… Thing!” the boss screamed in frustration and summoned a huge shadow spear that penetrated an arm.

The creation held strong and the boss whistled to its wolf that moved forward. It shot past the creation and overtook the Elders- it was going straight for the gate.

“All Unwanted retreat immediately. The city boss is aiming for the open gate.”

The gate itself was in the middle of being repaired, metal mages were trying to bend the titanium back into shape but it was only half way done. Unwanted and ranged on the walls dived in front of it to stop it but it’s thick hide bounced off any attacks.

Sol heard the command and he panicked. All he could think about was his sisters. He started sprinting back to the gate at full force with Tower and Mute at his heels.

Ozark’s creation was still buying time for the retreat, it’s constant harassment from its 6 arms was working well. That was until the boss had enough and activated a skill. Its giant scythe became unseeable as a flurry of attacks started to cut up Ozark’s monster.

The joints and machinery inside were beginning to feel the damage and its joints began to slow. Churns and tendons snapping was the declaration of its expiry.

“Finally! You moronic-”

Ozark pressed the big black button on her control panel and an epic grade explosive activated. The shockwave was so large that it blew a huge crater below.

The mages of the High Temple then released everything they had in the crater. Elora activated her skill and her eyes glowed with blue flame. She summoned the runes like in the dungeon and scorching flames burnt down into the crater.

An even bigger explosion occurred with the contributed magical attack but when the dust settled the boss was still standing. It commanded one of its ghouls to approach and consumed it himself.

“It just gained all its health back!” a mage exclaimed. 

The city boss wolf ran straight for the gate and barged the rest of it open with bare force. There was nothing that could stop it, it had entered New London. It began to crash into buildings without reason as it ran down the main road.

Sol came sprinting through the gate close behind, he had blind fear in his eyes. 

“Half of you go for the city boss,” Sharp ordered to the mages.

Elora and Kara jumped down and started running after it whereas a few of the mages looked surprised they were being ordered around.

“What are you? Like Raptor rank?” one asked, “We don’t take orders from someone so low.”

Sharp took a deep breath, “There are thousands of cameras looking at us right now. You are choosing to remain on the wall while a city boss the size of a cathedral is wreaking havoc to the city you are sworn to protect. If not for the people, then do it for your ego.”

It shut the mage up enough that others jumped down and started chasing the city boss. Sharp the man himself could utterly destroy people without physical force.

Hundreds of Unwanted, adventurers and high temple mages, chased the city boss through New London, many 0f them couldn’t keep it up let alone attack it.

“I’m gonna get angry!” Tower shouted to Sol.

“You want a hand?” Sol asked as he ran across the rooftops to the city boss. Mute was just behind him.

“I got it.”

Tower applied a physical buff to himself and his pace quickened. They ran past all the devastation it had caused, they were not that far behind it.

“I’m gonna teleport onto its back!” Sol shouted. “That should give you enough time to transform.”

Tower nodded, “It’s going up on the NL 35, we can cut it off there.”

The giant man touched his ear piece and spoke on the mainline.

“All Unwanted, we are going to halt it on the NL 35. We need everyone there because I can’t stop it alone.”
“Roger.”

“Copy.”

Tower turned the corner and the wolf came into view, he hesitated for a moment before running again. It was a city boss, not some overgrown undead ogre. Whatever was going to happen it wasn’t going to be pretty.

The giant felt solace, like it was ok if he died now. As long as he knew he was protecting the city then he could at least be proud of himself. Especially for all the terrible things he had done in his life.

“Immortal! Now!” Tower shouted.

The Immortal opened his hands up with daggers in them, he sprinted at full pace and then leaped off the nearest building. He activated his teleport skill and it took him to just above the wolf.

He stuck his daggers in hard but they couldn’t penetrate the hide well enough. He wasn’t doing any damage at all, he was just a fly pissing off a human.

“I’m gonna go for its ears!” Sol said over the ear piece.

He ran along the wolf's back until he got to the top of its head. He summoned a bunch of rotten meat from his inventory and poured it down the wolf's ear canal.

“That did the trick!” Tower shouted. “Thought you’d had to put a finger in its ass.”

“Bad memories Tower!” Sol exclaimed as he held on for dear life.

The wolf began to shake its head violently as it backed up into a building.

“Do it now!” Sol shouted.

Tower grabbed a car door off its hinges and started hitting himself in the face with it. 

“You fucking dumb half-giant!” Tower screamed at himself.

An eyeball grew twice as large.

“You are a failure! You bring nothing to your bloodline!”

His legs started to grow.

“Your whore of a mother fucked a giant!” 

That did the trick and he started to transform. The defenders who were arriving on scene were trying to decide who the boss really was but a quick identification clarified their hesitation.

Tower stood close to the same height as it but the thing weighed quadruple him. The now more giant Tower rusheed into the side of the wolf and slammed it into a nearby building.

Sol fell underneath the wolf and was lost to the rubble.

“All mages hold fire!” Elora ordered. “Get to a better vantage point!”


Extra chapters ahead of schedule here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted

Sivios.

19