Chapter 51- Class 7 Monster Horde Part 5
456 9 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 51- Class 7 Monster Horde Part 5


Back on the battlefield, the main boss was levitating out of the crater. The Elders stood up and a few calamity ranks joined them by the side. They were all exhausted and on their last leg.

“This boss will not enter the city at any cost. We have already failed once and we will not fail again,” Mercy ordered.

The man put a stamina potion between his teeth and the soothing liquid poured down his throat. His bone armour was broken and it offered almost no protection.

The boss floated up in front of them while swinging its enormous scythe.

“Use it!” Mercy ordered.

An Elder nodded and used their ultimate skill.

Green chains exploded from the Elders chest and formed a giant sphere around them and the entrance. The boss laughed as it moved forwards spinning its scythe; its two remaining ghouls walking behind it.

It began to fire its arced projectiles. They banged violently against the green chains but they held strong. It began to swing faster and faster, each attack more powerful than the next.

“You will all kneel to me!” the boss screamed.

Mercy looked down to a small necklace he held in his hands, and a tear fell down his cheek. He wasn’t an emotional person but he thought back to his past.

It was 3 years after the Great Merge. The young boy who was yet to be known as Mercy was trying to enter Britain, or Kraos now with his parents. They moved in groups of hundreds, shuffling through wastelands and destroyed cities.

They were nearing a port surrounded by guards. There were already thousands of people trying to flee the monster ridden France. They were starving with little to their name and no money to speak off. Old currency was worthless.

They shuffled closer to the gate, shouts could already be heard by the guards who were refusing people entrance.

“We have no food and room on the boats! Head to the other ports!”

“We’ve been to the other ports! They said the same thing!”

“Yeah! We just want shelter. We will work for it!”

Just then, a loud roar could be heard in the trees.

“Monster!” someone screamed.

The refugees began to huddle closer to the gates, pushing will all they had to enter. They were climbing on top of each other, suffocating the ones below. During this time, people had no ways to fight back. Traditional guns couldn’t penetrate their skin and no one knew how to use swords or shields.

“You’ll collapse the gate!” the guard yelled but the refugees weren’t leaving.

“Take my boy!” Mercy’s mother screamed in the mob.

“We can’t take anymore! Just flee!”

“Please!” his mother pleaded with tears falling down her face.

“Mummy, what’s happening?”

“Not to worry, me and daddy will be right behind you!”
“Just our son! Please, we beg of you!” his father screamed.

“We can... Fine! But that’s it!” 

His mother kissed his head gently and his father brought them into a tight hug.

“We’ll be right behind you ok,” his mother said to him.

The young boy started crying as his mother handed him up to the guards. “Mummy! Don’t leave me!”

“Be strong son! Remember what I told you!” His father yelled as he threw a silver necklace up to the guard.

The monsters attacked the first of the refugees trying to enter, tearing away them like bread.

The guard held Mercy in tight and covered his eyes.

“Fire! Don’t worry about hitting them!” the guard shouted.

Guns and arrows started firing into the crowd, not caring whether it hit man or monster.

“Mummy! Daddy!” The little boy cried out.

“Don’t look boy,” the guard said.

“No! I want my mummy! Where is she!”

The monsters tore into the refugees further, their skin blistered with bullets.

“Use everything!” the guard shouted to the men and women on the wall.

The guard then tucked the necklace into the boy's palm, “Hold onto this!”

“I don’t want this! Where’s mummy and daddy!”

“Quiet boy!”

The monsters moved further in with a pile of bodies in their wake. The little boy looked out from the guards jacket and saw his mother and father being torn apart.

“Mummy! Daddy!” the boy screamed.

He tried to push away from the guard but the man was too strong and held him still.

He started to scream loudly, his small hands began to curve inwards and he started to draw mana in.

“What are you doing!”
“I want my mummy!” the boy screamed.

The guard’s hand that held onto him bent all the way backwards. The guard let go of him and dropped onto his knees while clutching his hand.

“Have mercy, boy.”

The guard's skull began to move out from beneath his own skin. His eyes popped out and his neck snapped. The little boy screamed more and more, more and more mana was being fed his magic.

The guards on the walls started to collapse one by one, the little boy’s magic spreading further and further. Their bones stuck out their skin and they died in a pool of blood.

It started to spread to the others below, all of them dying a horrible and gruesome death. Their bones all dislocated and pierced their skin.

The little boy continued to scream and cry without knowing what he was doing. His magic power doubled and spread to the refugees and the monsters, killing them in the most painful fashion.

Mercy looked up to the boss attacking the green chains in front of him. He tightly clutched the necklace again before putting it back in his pouch.

“We will fight to the death! For the Unwanted!” Mercy yelled.

“For the Unwanted!” the rest shouted.

A final powerful attack came from the boss’s scythe and the green chains snapped. Every single one of them charged the boss immediately. A powerful shock wave was emitted and the Elders were sent flying backwards again. It was almost impossible to fight the boss. It seemed almost unfair.

Mercy coughed up blood as he got to his feet. He pulled his bones out of his left arm and packed them with as much mana as he could. He fired them at the boss but they disintegrated before they reached him. He did it with his hands, then his legs but each attempt failed.

The boss fired two more arced projectiles of shadow magic, killing an Elder and severely wounding Mercy even along with others.

The ghoul hovered over as Mercy collapsed onto one knee.

“Is this all New London can offer?” the boss asked.

All Mercy could do was stare at the boss, the pain from losing his bones was too great. He was awaiting the sweet embrace of death. He just wished it was like the Immortal described it as.

A tall woman appeared in front of the boss and with a kick sent it flying backwards. She was wearing tight metal armour that covered her breasts and ass. Her face was misted dark black and long brown hair floated down to her waist.

“Overseer,” Mercy spluttered, he coughed up more blood.

She teleported over to him and put a rare health potion to his lips.

“You look like shit,” the woman said, her voice strangely commanding authority.

“Dupe, it’s too strong.”

“I brought backup,” the woman known as Dupe said.

The overseer elf who watched Sol gain his immortality stepped past the two of them.

“Green,” Mercy said, nodding appreciatively.

“My apologies,” Green said. His voice was calm, almost feminine in a sense, “Myself and Dupe were in the northern lands and we only just got your message.”

“Idiotic morta-” The boss said but was kicked again from one of Dupe’s dopplegangers.

Mercy fell to the blood stained floor, he was wounded and exhausted. “It replenishes its health by consuming the others,” he managed to say before passing out. Healing vines grew around him and the others in the area. The vines encased them while moving them behind the gate.

“141, this will be amusing,” Dupe stated.

“I wouldn’t get ahead of yourself like you did yesterday,” Green said.

She smiled through her misted appearance. “Try to keep old man.”

Dupe cracked her neck and back, and seemed to disappear completely from reality after.

Green sighed, “Just because I am twice your age does not make my appearance any less youthful than yours.”

“Just try to keep up,” Dupe said all around him.

“Finally!” the boss said, echoing thousands of souls. “Worthy opponents.”

Green turned to face it, he was wearing a black cloak that covered himself completely. He held out one pale hand and two trees grew through the ghouls by his side. The trees kept growing and growing, they had pierced through the ghouls hearts and were suffocating them. The boss snarled but was kicked in the face by an invisible foot. He let out a shockwave of shadow magic but it didn’t seem to do anything.

Green stepped up, vines growing out from his feet and into the ground. He started to walk into the air.

“Dupe, it has 3 long range attacks. We have yet to see the third.”

“Duh,” She replied.

12 Dupes appeared, circling the boss with a large enough distance. They started to run towards the boss in sync. He let out another shockwave but they continued running.

Four more acs of shadow magic were ejected out but seemed to do nothing still.

“Over here!” Dupe shouted as she kicked the boss in the head and disappeared a moment later.

“Enough games!” the boss said as it slammed its scythe into the ground.

Black shadow magic goo exploded everywhere, revealing Dupe a few metres back. It covered her entirely. Green had surrounded himself with vines as he foresaw the attack.

“Don’t laugh,” Dupe huffd.

“I am not, of course- am I professional,” Green said.

“Oi, dipshit!” Dupe shouted to the boss. “This is brand new!”

“How are you not affected?!” the boss screamed.

Dupe picked a bit of the goo off her bare shoulder and threw it on the ground. It sizzled and ate away at the ground before disappearing. She shrugged carelessly.

Green grew four large flowers from the ground below him. They started to spew poison towards the boss. Unlike Mercy’s, they contained so much mana that they passed through its layer of defense and burned him.

The boss started throwing out arc attacks in a continuous succession to the both, each time they were dodged or blocked by vines. The poison from Green started to eat away at the shadow magic pouring off the boss, revealing a grotesque human.

“Eww,” Dupe declared.

She disappeared again and now 20 doppelgangers spawn around him. It unleashed the goo attack once again but they continued to move towards him at an incredible speed. They started to physically beat the boss up as if he was just a regular monster. Like a level 20 to a goblin.

“Dupe,” Green said, warning her of his attack.

“Hold on, I’m not finished,” Dupe complained.

Green seemed to roll his elven eyes under the cloak and waited. Above his head was a giant venus flytrap that was coated in strong venom.

The boss emitted another shockwave of shadow magic but the dopplegangers blocked it with their wrists. They disappeared again and the giant venus fly trap slammed its jaws on the boss and picked it up. The boss tried to regenerate via the ghouls above but the trees were far too high in the sky.

“I’ll kill all of you! Insolent mortals!” the ghoul said as the venus flytrap was pressing its mouth over its head.

“Yeah, ok darling. You’re the one dying, not us,” Dupe said, hands on hips.

And just like that, the boss was swallowed whole- dead. The same boss that the Elders couldn’t defeat, that had proved itself so powerful that it had barely taken damage, was defeated in less than a few minutes by two Overseers.

The mages of the high temple on the wall couldn’t even comprehend the power of the Overseers before them. They made it look like a playground fight. They were stronger than any other being they had seen before. Even the highest members of the temple couldn’t do what they just did.

Dupe walked over with her arms crossed.

“I can't believe that bastard got my new armour dirty. Wait- did you know it had that skill?”

“Didn’t you?” Green questioned. “You said you already knew.”

Dupe rolled her eyes under her mask. “... Yeah, of course.”

“Then why didn’t you dodge it?”

“Well I-I… I just- uhh.”

Green lightly chuckled under his mask. Even with their tremendous power they were still human.


Extra chapters ahead of schedule here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted

Sivios.

17