Chapter 52- The Red Horned Demon
440 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 52- The Red Horned Demon


Sol was stuck under a pile of rubble, constantly dying over and over while Tower was wrestling with the giant city boss with his bare hands. It was one sided but that was all they could do as of now.

Elora burnt away the bricks and stones that covered him.

“Sol! Where are you!” Elora shouted.

A hand stuck itself out from a few bricks, she burnt them away without caring if she hurt him. Eventually she managed to clear them away and pull him out.

“Where’s Tower?” Sol asked.

“Keeping it at bay. Everyone’s trying to attack it but they’re doing barely any damage,” Elora replied.

Sol dusted himself off and ran out onto the road.

“Wait, Sol.” Elora said.

He turned back to see Elora with his pouch in her hand.

“Sharp gave this to me, he just said ‘try it’ or something.”

Sol hesitated before grabbing it, he knew what Sharp meant. He still couldn’t handle the mana denseness, even with his new meditation skill. He brought out the bracelet and ring he received from the dungeon and put them on. He took out a fresh device that Ozark had made for him.

“What are you doing?” Elora asked.

Just then, Tower flew through the air into a nearby building. The wolf ran past again being constantly attacked with magic and arrows.

“Get to a safe distance,” Sol said.

“Why?”

“Just do it, this is dangerous,” Sol demanded rudely.

“Fine,” Elora said as she moved back into the building.

Sol stretched out his hands first and entered the summoning menu. He selected his only one and he felt the iridescent power flow into his right hand. Sol took a deep breath and started the summoning in front of him.

“What are you doing?” Elora asked.

“You’ll see,” Sol grunted.

“I thought you suffered from affinitous,” Elora said.

Sol hesitated before replying. “I never told you that,”

Elora opened her mouth wide but then closed it again. “Sorry,” she mumbled.

The ground in front of him shimmered with iridescence. He was nearing the end of his mana pool and he pressed the button on his finger again. The needle coated in death magic pierced his heart and his mana was reset again.

“Move away!” Sol shouted as his wrist began to vibrate.

Elora complied.

The build up of mana started to create a mirage and more iridescent colours pulsed out from Sol’s hand. The pain grew more and more as his mana veins chucked it out. His mana pool emptied once again and he pressed the button. His arm was now visibly shaking and his mana veins were burning.

Clicking the button again, his mana was replaced. The mana around him felt like he was in magma. His skin began to bruise but kept going, it was the furthest he had gone so far.

He thought about Elora watching him, he needed her to live- he needed to protect her. He thought again to his sisters who he needed to protect like he had always done.

Sol yelled as the whole area around him glistened with iridescent. The colors began to form a thin line in front of him. The mana in the air suddenly vanished and was sucked up into a line that stretched as tall as Tower’s raged form.

He fell back and Elora dashed in to catch him.

“Sol,” Elora said as she slapped his face lightly.

The line of iridescent colours flashed and vibrated, it opened out into an oval shape. In the center was the dark blackness of the void.

A huge red hand grasped the side of the portal. A foot came next and the entity stepped out. The magical power pouring off the thing woke Sol up.

Congratulations! You summoned Level 56 Red One-Horned Demon for the first time.

 

Congratulations! You have earned the title Summoner.

 

Iridescent Benevolence has been activated. Would you like to obtain the skill:

Skill- Fire Pulse Novice Level I (A)

-The horn on the demon’s head will glow brightly red before the skill is activated. Upon a five second wait time, a cone of fire will be emitted at high speeds dealing 420 base damage.

Cooldown: 3 Minutes

Stamina Cost: 260

Mana Cost: 70

Affinities: Fire, Space-Time, Wind.

Yes/No?

Elora screamed as a giant red demon knelt down in front of Sol. Its skin was like steel, the horn on top of its head was glowing red and pulsating. Along its spine it had outcropping of spikes like a triceratops that glowed with iridescence. It bent its giant head down to the ground.

“Mastaaa,” the demon said in a deep voice. “Thank you for summoning me. What is it you desiraaaa.”

Sol calmly pushed himself off of Elora. “What is your name?” he asked.

“I have not been given one, Mastaa.”

Sol’s head rushed with information, he suddenly understood everything about the demon. Where it came from, its whole life, its transformation in the Euclid Dimension and now its unyielding loyalty towards himself.

You have discovered a bonus of the Euclid Summoner class. Each entity when summoned, you will gain their memories and understand everything about them.

+4 Wisdom

His head felt like it was going to explode, he felt as if he knew everything about the demon dimension.

“Ognana fies t’atartri vanor~ Do you understand me?” Sol asked in the demon language.

The demon looked up with its iridescent eyes, “Musanar g’rahse, ootanka reehavour~ The Great Master understands my tongue?” the demon responded, still without looking up.

This demon in particular was one of the strongest from millions, he had grown up in the fighting pits. Killing endlessly, proving his worth to the ones in charge. He had lived for a hundred years before being summoned to the Mortal Dimension.

“Naka tu grouse tunar. Oka’ta’ata huse limi’nasa Oglak~ Your name will be Oglak, a being of power,” Sol said.

An Oglak in the demon tongue meant the strong one. The one leading the pack.

“Masta, I do not deserve that name,” the demon replied.

“You do not,” Sol remarked. “But you will live up to it.”

“Thank you masta, I only live to serve you. You have my faith until the end of time. Until Ragnarok befalls the nine worlds.”

“Oglak, I want you to prove your worth to me. Kill the wolf destroying the city and do not harm anyone else.”

“Your wish is my command mastaaa.”

The giant red demon stood up, its feet causing the concrete to crack beneath. It began running at full tilt towards the wolf who was biting into Tower’s shoulder.

Oglak grabbed the wolf from and lifted it above himself. He slammed it down into the concrete below.

“Sol!” Elora said in a panic. “What was that?!”

“I’ll tell you later.”

  His notification box flashed again.

Iridescent Benevolence has been activated. Would you like to obtain the skill:

Skill- Fire Pulse Novice Level I (A)

-The horn on the demon’s head will glow brightly red before the skill is activated. Upon a five second wait time, a cone of fire will be emitted at high speeds dealing 420 base damage.

Cooldown: 3 Minutes

Stamina Cost: 260

Mana Cost: 70

Yes/No?

Sol couldn’t believe he had just summoned it, it felt more powerful than in the dungeon. He understood the demon tongue perfectly, every ins and outs. He knew of their hierarchy and order.

He selected yes on the skill. Iridescent colours started to gather around his head and a keratin horn started to form. The colours faded and a glowing red horn had appeared on his head.

“Your head!” Elora exclaimed.

“I’ll tell you later, we need to kill this thing.”

“Promise?” Elora questioned, giving the horn a worrying look.

“Promise.”

“Kara, can you hear me?” Elora asked through the earpiece.

“Yeah, what is that thing? It’s not another boss or something is it?” Kara responded.

“It’s on our side, it’s helping us. Just don’t attack it,” Elora ordered.

“I felt a disturbance in the void a second ago, I think it was summoned. It reeks of it and there's a new type of magic I've never felt before.”

“Just kill the fucking wolf,” Elora angrily ordered over the line.

Sol started running, he wasn’t going to let Oglak and Tower fight it alone. He felt the horn on his head, it felt robust and his new sensitivity to magic gave him an understanding of the power of it. As well as the giant red demon.

He turned a corner to find Oglak beating its head down with his fists. Mages and ranged were on the buildings opposite launching attacks whenever they could. Close combatants were trying to get attacks in-Mute included, but the speed of the wolf and Oglak was too much. It was too dangerous for them to go in and rightly so.

He saw Tower pick himself up from the building. His right shoulder had been gnawed at badly, it was bleeding and blood was pouring out. He didn’t seem to care or realise as the enraged Tower went straight for the wolf and Oglak.

“Tower!” Sol screamed. The giant man couldn’t tell friend or foe in his raged state.

It seemed Tower had only eyes for the wolf as it leapt over Oglak and landed on the spine of the wolf. He began to pummel it violently from the side while Oglak beat the head. 

Sol ran underneath the wolf as it struggled to get free and he unleashed his newest active skill. The force from the pulse of fire slammed his head straight into the ground. It was so powerful it killed him instantly.

The pulse of fire scorched the underside of the wolf's belly but barely left a mark on its skin. Still, it was the most amount of damage he had mustered ever in his life.

“Uru balun’or unt ramath tutar~ It’s hide is too strong and its bones will not break!” Oglak said to Sol.

“Ram it with your horn!” Sol said.

“Yes, Mastaa.”

Tower then picked up the giant wolf, pushing his muscles to the max. He picked it up from the back and leaned over with it into a cinema. It flattened the building and sent up a chute of dust.

Sol ran over and stood beneath Oglak’s legs.

“It’s charging an attack,” Oglak said.

Sol knew what was happening.

“Protect Tower!” Sol ordered.

The giant red demon pushed Tower out of the way as a huge ball of shadow magic shot out from the dust. It hit Oglak in the chest, pushing him back dozens of metres but the sturdy demon stood strong and remained upright. It didn’t even penetrate his skin. He rolled his shoulders as he prepared a charge with his horn.

Oglark moved so fast for such a large entity that it looked far past unnatural. He pierced his horn into the ribcage of the wolf and pushed it on its back again. He held it down as he channeled his own skill.

The spikes of keratin on Oglak’s spine started to glow brightly and the sound of mana charging up could be heard. The giant demon’s hord emitted a pulse of fire that was twice as large as Sol’s into the wound on the wolf's ribcage. The pulse emitted caused even more dust to be ejected.

Once it cleared, Oglak was sent flying back. The wolf walked forwards while showing its teeth and growling. It had a fairly large hole in its rib cage that was leaking black blood.

“It's got a hole in its chest!” Sol said over the earpiece.

“You overgrown dog!” Tower yelled as he ran forward and rugby tackled the wolf on its side.

Tower pushed it down but the wolf bit his arm and threw him into a block of apartments.

“I’m gonna summon a void portal beneath the dog. Mages, on my mark, fire into it!” Kara said.

“Oglak nanah down oranauk guat!~ Oglak, keep it still!” Sol yelled.

Oglak ran forward, he let the dog lunge and bite into his shoulder. He grappled the oversized wolf and kept it still.

Kara opened a void portal below on the street opposite and another just below the dog.

“Fire!” she yelled.

All the mages and ranged shot everything they had and the void portal transported it all towards the hole in the city boss’s chest. The portal closed and Kara fell to her knees. She supported all their magic with her own.

The attack had caused the hole to open up even more and gallons of black blood was pouring out. Oglak had taken severe damage but he still stood. Sol could feel that the demon wanted to impress his master as much as he could.

Tower came out of the apartment building with even more blood on his wrist. He had gotten slightly larger and the wounds on his shoulder had healed almost.

The wolf took a step back from Oglak but had gotten closer to Tower.

“C’mere boy. You shouldn't be shittin’ the house again!”

Tower grabbed the wolf's tail and yanked it to the side. It collided with another building and he threw it down the street. The wolf yelped and prepared another shadow ball attack but was tackled again by Tower.

Oglak wasn’t far behind and they started to beat it down. The mages and ranged on the above moved to get a better position.

“We need another opening!” Elora shouted on the ear piece.

“Oglak, uratur amb seumar!~ We need another opening!” Sol repeated to Tower.

The giant red demon climbed on top of the wolf and clamped its forearm around its neck. With Tower’s constant pummeling, the wolf was weak and Oglak pushed his weight down on the side. The wolf fell down on to him, exposing the deep cut on its belly.

“We can’t get there in time!” Elora shouted as the wolf began to wrestle free.

Mute shot out of an alleyway and popped her final skill. Time around her seemed to halt as she moved forwards. The time dilation caused her sword to become heavy and more powerful. She danced under Tower’s slowly moving legs and jammed her sword into the cut on its belly.

The armour piercing added with time dilation caused her sword to penetrate deep inside. She pulled it out and cut around the wound more, black blood poured out in slow motion.

Time returned to normality and Mute escaped the fray. Litres of black blood poured out after her.

Tower grabbed a car near him and crushed it into a makeshift weapon. He jammed it into the wound and punched it in deep. Oglak escaped underneath and let Tower beat the wolf with his bare hands. The wolf tried to get back up but Tower held it down while layering it with punches.

Oglak jammed his horn into the wolf's underbelly and used his skill again. The intense fire pulse destroyed the skin around and opened the second wound further.

“Tower! Get out of there!” Sol shouted as the mages moved into position.

“I told you to stop shitting on the sofa! How many times do I need to tell you?!” Tower screamed like the wolf understood.

“Phsyiotic numen nar for ueason!~ The strong ones mind is beyond reason!” Oglak shouted.

Sol jumped on top of a truck and used his teleport skill. He landed a few inches above Tower’s shoulder and yelled in his ear.

“Tower! We’ve lost you. You need to back of-”

A huge muscular hand grabbed Sol and threw him into an office building.

“He’s gone!” Sol said on the earpiece as he moved through some rubble.

“What does that mean?!” A mage asked.

“He can’t tell friend from foe. He seems to be mainly locked on the wolf but getting him to move for an attack is impossible.” Sol replied.

“Immortal, are you there?” Sharp asked on the earpiece.

“Yes, I’m here. Is the boss dead?” Sol asked.

“Two overseers turned up.” Sharp said.

Sol knew what that meant, “The wolf's losing, but Towers went too far.”

“He knew he had too. What is that other entity near you? I’m running to you now with a few others,” Sharp said.

“You remember that day before the VIP transport?!”

“Copy. All available Unwanted come to my location!” Sharp ordered. “We’re on a private channel now. Did you manage it?” he asked.

“Yeah,” Sol said as he looked out at the fight in the street below.

Oglak was still beating it down with Tower.

“How?” Sharp asked. “Mathematical statistics does not vary that far.”

“Emotions did the trick,” Sol stated.

“Oh, I see. Interesting. Not plausible but still good.”

“Get here soon, the wolf is losing but we need to end it before Tower gets too far gone.”

“Copy. ETA 4 minutes.”

“Tuta grunar E’looke entutuoia!~ Damage it as much as you can.” Sol shouted.

Oglak grunted deeply at his understanding and focused on the wound he had created. The wolf was now back upright and was being pummeled by the two. Oglak stuck his sharpened fingernails in and tried to create a bigger hole but the wolf spun around and headbutted him.

The wolf started to run away, Tower clung on to some fur but the wolf didn’t seem to care.

“Dua meyu ana Oglak!~ You shall not escape my Master!” Oglak screamed as he charged his attack. The spikes on his spine glowed with iridescence more brightly than ever and he emitted a fire pulse from his horn.

The pulse tripled in size as it reached the wolf. The force behind it was incredible and it sent the wolf and Tower into a parking lot. On either side were tall buildings so the wolf would have a hard time escaping.

Tower seemed to be knocked out as his body flopped on the side. Oglak started to slowly walk towards the wolf. He grabbed two nearby traffic lights and crushed the ends into spikes.
“You will fear my master!” Oglak bellowed at the top of his voice.

The wolf started to charge a huge ball of shadow magic. It ejected it but Oglak moved away effortlessly. He was fueled with rage, that he was struggling to defeat a monster his master commanded him to stop. He wanted to prove his worth.

The wolf lunged at his neck but Oglak side stepped and jammed one of the traffic lights into the open wound on its side. The wolf spun around but Oglak dodged again and hit the wolf in the face with the traffic light. He rolled to the side and stabbed it.

The city boss whimpered and used a claw attack which caught Oglak in the shoulder. A red fist came flying at the wolf's face in retaliation. It knocked the wolf dizzy for a moment but that was all Oglak needed.

He grabbed the top of its snout and pulled it backwards. He then pulled its front legs and made the wolf stand up on its hind legs. He pulled backwards, opening the cut further with the car crushed into it.

The mages and ranged rushed around the corner.

“Fire!” Elora commanded.

Hundreds of attacks hit the wolf's wound on its chest, completely devastating it. Oglak pushed it down on its belly and pulled on its two front legs backwards. Its ribs started to poke out then gallons of black blood. The wolf let out a final whimper and howled before collapsing on the ground.

The two bosses of the monster horde have been defeated!

In order to clear the horde you must kill the remaining monster or push them back in a retreat.

Everyone erupted into a roar of victory, they had defeated the last boss. Sol breathed a sigh of relief, that was the toughest monster horde he had ever faced in his life.

Oglak grabbed the wolf by the scruff of its neck and dragged it over to Sol.

“Oglak Mastaaa, uran of meine Tiariem.~ Master, please accept this one. It will be strong.” Oglak said as he placed it in front of Sol.

Sol didn’t realise what the giant demon meant but then it hit him.

“T’toimaor meine sufa.~ It is not mine to take,” Sol said. The bosses liked to be displayed in museums.

“Oglak, I want you to kill every last monster in this city then bring back the strongest monsters you can find,” Sol said.

“As you command Mastaaaa,” Oglak said.

He started to walk towards the huge group celebrating, they all parted out of its way while bowing with the utmost respect. Oglak was terrifying before he turned into a native of the Euclid Dimension, now he was just something else entirely.

“Holy Odin of Asgard!” Sharp shouted over to Sol. “That’s it!” 

Sol smiled under his mask, “Yes, what do you think?”

“What do I think? It’s power rating is off the charts, it’s greater than Tower’s.”

“Where is Tower?” Sol asked.

Mute rushed over to a flipped over sports car where Tower had shrunk back to his normal size. He was naked but fairly conscious.

“Did we win?” Tower asked as he clutched his head. “I think there was another boss, like a… demon or something?”

“I’ll tell you later,” Sol said as he chuckled.

“Where’s Spike?” Sol asked.

“Down by the wall clearing up,” Sharp responded.

“At least none of us died,” Tower reminded

A huge explosion went off in the city further up. Sharp quickly put his hand to his ear as the team clocked their vision towards it.

“The Chaos Masters, they’ve set off an explosion at the second wall and monsters are still getting through,” Sharp said.

“It’s never over is it.”

Fear once again engulfed Sol, that was the area his sisters were in. It was on the east side of the wall too. He started sprinting at full pelt, past all the mages and he teleported up onto a nearby building.

His group along with the mages and ranged followed after him.


Extra chapters ahead of schedule here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted
 

Sivios.

19