Chapter 54- Clean Up
446 1 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 54- Clean Up


Congratulations! You have survived and stopped a Class 7 Monster Horde!

All previously withheld notifications have been released.

There are no monsters left in the city.

You will now receive rewards based on your contribution.

These rewards will not be suited to your class or skills.

+53,605 Experience!

38 Silver 12 Copper

-RARE Casual Shadow Wolf’s Hide Full Outfit

This outfit contains 4 pieces.

Shirt, Jacket, Trousers, Shoes

This outfit offers the highest fashion of New London while not at the cost of comfort. It is perfect for any formal or informal event.

Auto Sizing

These stats apply only when all pieces are worn together.

+5 Charisma 

+2 Endurance 

+2 Luck

Durability: 56/56

Affinities: Shadow, Dark, Sex, Charisma.

 

You have levelled up, Level 41->42!

You have 2 free stat points to allocate.

 

You have levelled up, Level 42->43!

You have 2 free stat points to allocate.

 

You have levelled up Dagger Mastery Intermediate IX->X!

Congratulations! You have advanced Dagger Mastery into the Expert Tier.

+11,000 Experience

Dagger Mastery Expert I (P)

You are now an expert in using a dagger.

+40% Damage when using daggers.

+1 Dexterity when holding daggers.

You have gained more resistances in Pain Resistance Expert II (P)

All Pain is dulled to 70% of original.

Resistances:

Current:(7)

Void: 1%

Fire: 1%

Earth: 1%

Wood: >1%

Shadow: 1%

Wind: >1%

Mind: >1%

 

You have levelled up Iridescent Blink Novice II->III (A)

Teleport up to 10m away.

Cooldown- 27(-1) seconds

Mana Cost- 144(-2)

 

You have levelled up Iridescent Blink Novice III->IV (A)

Teleport up to 10m away.

Cooldown- 26(-1) seconds

Mana Cost- 142(-2)

 

You have levelled up Iridescent Benevolence Novice I->II (A)

Borrow a skill from any of your summons.

Cooldown: 9:30 minutes(-0.30)

Cost: Dependant on skill or spell. 

 

You have levelled up Euclid Banishment Novice I->II (A)

Chance of successful banishment:

10 levels over: ?%

20 levels over: ?%

30 levels over: ?%

40 levels over: ?%

50 levels over: ?%

To see these please increase the skill level.

Sol instantly assigned the 4 free stat points into wisdom, he needed more mana for more summons. He had never received so much experience before in his life. His dagger mastery was now in the expert tier which was helpful. The dexterity bonus along with the slightly boosted damage was welcomed.

His new skills had levelled up too with the resistance to magic with his pain resistance skill. Sol felt he should really work on them, they could turn out to be incredibly useful.

Sol popped the wolf hide outfit into his pouch without looking it over. He needed to put on a performance. He pulled out some cheap metal armour from his pouch and beat it up a bit. He took his trousers off and squeezed the blood out. He took off his mask and roughed up his hair a bit more.

The Immortal checked his stats before putting on a performance.

Birth Name: Solomon Thorn

 

Race: Hearthren

Sex: Male

Level 43

Progression: 7%

Titles:

Monster Slayer III

Multi Killer II

Man Slayer I

Fearless 

Unbridled Resistor

Dimension Traveler

Euclid Summoner

Summonder

Class- Euclid Summoner

To next class advancement: 2.67%

 

Stats

Status

Regeneration

Constitution:

22

Dexterity:

35

Health:

524/524

HP/Second:

0.85

Strength:

37

Wisdom:

49(+4)

Stamina:

1345/1345

SP/Second:

9.2

Endurance:

40

Intelligence:

37

Mana:

860/860

MP/Second:

o.99

Perception:

21

Luck:

7

Disease: Affinitous (Permanent)

Cursed: Kiss of Death.

Charisma :

29

Piety:

10

Skills and Spells

Pain Resistance Expert II (P)

Monster Lore Beginner V (P)

Dagger Mastery Intermediate VIIII (P)

Leadership Beginner I (P)

Stealing Beginner I (P)

Fishing Novice I (P)

Hand Combat Intermediate II (P)

Cooking Novice III (P)

Identify Beginner IX (P)

Iridescent Blink Novice IV (A)

Euclid Banishment Novice I (A)

Iridescent Benevolence Novice II (A)

   

He kicked open the door at full force and made his footsteps extra loud.

“Summer! June!” Sol yelled in a panicked voice.

Sol ran down into the basement and yanked the door off.

His two sisters were huddled into the corner.

“Thank Odin, you guys are ok,” Sol said as he embraced the two of them in a tight hug.

“What happened?” Sol asked.

June wiped the tears from her eyes. “We heard an explosion then monsters broke the protection seal on the house and then- and then-”

“Shhhh,” Sol said as he hugged them tighter. “You’re ok now. I’m here.”

“An Unwanted came in, the ones with the misted face,” Summer said. “He saved us.”

A real tear fell down his face. “You guys stay here ok? I’m gonna clear everything up.”

His sisters both nodded with teary eyes, for people who never experienced the really shitty end of life it was hard. Seeing monsters was a horror for most people and the death that regularly ensued was painful and barbaric.

Sol closed the door back up again and went to work cleaning the house. He first repaired the door and reset the protection charm on the house. He wawa angry at how useless it really was. It was meant to act as a deterrent to monsters but apparently even level 20s and 30s could just walk right by it.

He pulled out all of the cleaning materials and scrubbed the carpets and walls down. Blood really got everywhere whenever he fought.

During this, he got a call from Tower.

“Immortal speaking,” Sol said angrily.

“Hey Sol, it’s uh- Tower.”

Sol didn’t respond.

“I just wanted to apologise for the way I acted before. I was pissed off you ran away, thinking that you just didn't want to fight anymore.”

“That’s fine,” Sol replied.

“And I know you just told me about your two sisters, are they ok?”

“Yeah, I got there just in time.”

“That’s good… Just to let you know we have to come in later tonight for a debrief at 7. And the games will probably be delayed for a few days.”

“Ok,” Sol said.

“Did you need anything from me? Clean up or you know protection?” Tower asked.

“I’m good, thanks. Is the auction still on?” Sol asked.

“Oh yeah, definitely. Well I’m sorry again, Sol. See you tonight,” Tower said, still feeling bad for the way he acted. Sol wouldn’t run from a fight unless it was urgent.

“Alright, goodbye Tower.” Sol said and then hung up.

Sol was happy that Tower apologised, he was a kind man at heart, he just took his job with the Unwanted too seriously.

It took him a few hours to clean up but he got rid of all of it. The door was all fixed up and the blood was removed from the carpets, he didn’t want his sisters to see anything.

He went out into the streets to see other neighbours bawling their eyes out, friends and loved ones laid dead on the streets. He helped pile the monster and set them alight while the other bodies were taken in and wrapped up.

He went back in and brought his sisters into the lounge where he made them some food and drink.

“Are you guys sure you’re ok?”

Summer nodded while clutching a hot chocolate with two hands. “The shock has worn off I think.”

June was staring into empty space, she was affected more emotionally than her sister. She often overthought things, her high intelligence played a big part.

A news broadcast switched on and breaking news flashed up on the screen.

“More than 2 hours ago, a class 7 monster horde approached New London without any warning or information. As you can see, the city survived with minimal damage, but the eatern’s first and second gates were blown up. According to the statistics there were over 780,000 monsters that attacked and roughly 63,000 people died. Let us take a moment of silence for those that laid down their lives for the good of this city.”

“Since the monster horde, guards and residents have started to clean up the streets. We urge everyone to take part in helping, not only will it help us mourn the losses of so many lives but we will come together as one city.”

“Now, Dan Hecker will explain the events that unfolded.”

“Thank you Debra, I would also like to offer my condolences to the people that lost loved ones. As you know, 780,000 monsters descended onto the city of London more than 2 hours ago. We usually start to see signs 2 months prior, for example: an increase in attacks on the motorway or increased number of missions at the adventurer guilds. But here we see that there were no signs of increase.”

“We are unsure why but now I will explain the monster horde itself. It was on the larger end of Class 7, sporting more unique, higher average level and larger groups of monsters. As you can see here by the photos the hordes look completely endless. An hour in the east gate exploded, we are not sure how but regardless, monsters entered the city and headed straight for the second wall. The forces had to be split, the Unwanted and High Temple were left to deal with the boss.”

“The boss consisted of 7 ghouls of varying levels, the strongest one being a continent boss and level 139. It was riding a level 89 city alpha shadow wolf. Having two bosses regardless of the class of a horde is extremely rare. The Unwanted and High Temple engaged the two bosses head on, opting to move away from the main gate to fight. We do not have any more footage after that but the main boss was defeated while the city boss had made its way into the city.”

June and Summer both gasped.
The video showed Oglak and Tower kicking the living shit out of the city boss. It looked like a scene from a titan movie.

“An Unwanted known only as Tower, along with a strange giant demon, fought the city boss in the entertainment district.”

It played the whole fight from a drone and CCTV cameras. Oglak put his foot on the wolf's back and its ribs and heart were removed on full display.

“Oglak Mastaaa, uran of meine Tiariem,” Oglak said.

“The Unwanted and High Temple worked together to defeat the city boss. We are unsure of what the giant demon said, we also have no idea of its origins or summoner. Just know that the two bosses have been killed and the city is saved.”

Summer threw her hair over her head. “Where were you?” She asked.

“West side, I was with Mr. Demy. I think Elora went after this city boss, oh there she is.” Sol said as he pointed to a slow-mo shot of her firing her magic.

“Is Mr. Demy ok?” June asked.

“He’s fine, he was on the wall.”

The two sisters relaxed even more, Sol didn’t let them out of the house yet so they stayed inside and watched all the footage from the monster horde. It was one hell of a battle, it will be talked about for decades to come. The first Class 7 with two bosses.

“I need to go into the guild, get a debrief,” Sol said.

“What if monsters come back?” Summer asked.

“They won’t, you saw the notification.” Sol reminded.

“Ok,” Summer said as she looked down.

“It’s over now, we’re all safe- that’s all that matters.”
They both nodded reluctantly.


Extra chapters ahead of schedule here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted
 

Sivios.

23