Chapter 65- Talking Dagger Things
433 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 65- Talking Dagger Things


“I was sleeping, you know,” Sol said as he rubbed his head.

“When did you get in last night?” Summer asked, she seemed to know but Sol didn’t question it.

“None of your business,” Sol replied.

She threw her hands on her hips like a disgruntled housewife.

“Just to let you guys know your tutors are coming tonight at seven,” Sol said. “Have you guys been practising?”

“I have,” June said as she was lying down on the sofa with her feet in the air, she was eating a banana and watching something on her laptop.

“And you, Summer?”

“I’ve been working on getting the two handed mastery skill; It’s harder than I thought.”

“That’s good regardless,” Sol said. “June, can you turn that down. What are you even watching?”

He moved her legs over and sat looking at the laptop.

“Just who is the Immortal? Is he truly Immortal? And how did someone come across such a powerful class?” the video said.

It was from youtube and there were multiple videos of him fighting from the dungeon to the monster horde. All of it was blurred thanks to the admin team at base- except for his genitals.

“Why are you watching that?” he asked.

“Are you dumb?” Summer stated.

Sol didn’t respond.

“Immortal is like famous now, me and June think it was him who saved us.”

“Really?” Sol questioned innocently.

“Yeah, we couldn’t tell because of the blood,” Summer responded.

“I don’t care who it was,” Sol lied. “They saved your lives and I wish I could repay them.”

“Do you know any Unwanted?” June asked.

“I’ve met two Raptor ranks before,” Sol lied again, accidentally digging himself a hole.

“Who?!” Summer questioned, belligerently.

“Hammer and Cross Eyed,” Sol replied. “We were handing an asset over to them.”

“What were they like?” June asked.

“Quiet- didn’t speak much. Their misted faces really put you off. I wouldn’t want to meet one in a fight.”

June lied on her back again. “I’d love to meet one; so many questions to ask them.”

“Like what?” Sol asked.

“How strong are the Overseers? Who’s the leader? Just basic questions.”

“Oh,” Summer interjected. “Have you met the Immortal? He’s so hot, I get butterflies when I think about him.”

Sol internally shivered and cringed. “Anyway,” he said, clearing his throat.” You guys want to go shopping today?” Sol asked.

“I have to go into the library,” June said.

“I’m busy too, I got called up by the director.”

“Alright, alright, I get it. It’s embarrassing to be with your older brother,” Sol teased.

After his sisters left to go to their jobs, he went upstairs and unlocked the safe in his room behind the wardrobe.

“Your two sisters are cute,” Lucia said.

Sol freaked out and fell over, he shot up and took a defensive stance; eyes darting around the room.

“It’s just me,” Lucia said calmly.

Sol glanced at the dagger on his bedside table.

“Oh, you scared me.”

“Duh, I’m a talking dagger. I can’t believe I had to watch that disgusting show last night. You guys were at it for a whole hour.”

“You saw all of it?”

“Every. Single. Second,” Lucia huffed.

Sol sighed as he went back to putting his coin into the safe.

“Are we going to the Euclid Dimension today?” she asked, eagerly.

“I am, just me,” Sol replied.

“What? You can’t just be all mysterious about it then not take me. I wanna see the cute bunny.”

“You can see that?” Sol asked.

“I can see your notifications- I’m soul-bound, remember dummy?”

“Whatever, do you have any special tricks at all?” Sol asked.

“I’m a talk-”

“Besides being a talking dagger?”

“You need to feed me items, I’ve said this like four times now,” Lucia whined.

Sol slammed the safe shut and pulled his clothes back over it. “And how much is that gonna cost to get to my other daggers?” Sol asked as he brought them both up to her.

“Bring them a little closer,” she said.

“Do you think I’m stupid- actually, don’t ans-”

“Yes- yes, you are,” Lucia stated proudly.

Sol slapped his forehead, “How much?”

“Ummmmm, 137 golds worth for my full potential.”

Sol’s eyes bulged. “What?!”

“It might be different now,” she protested.

“Oh, I forgot that you are oblivious. Let me catch you up over the past three decades,” Sol said.

He explained the Great Merge, much to her own ignorance.

“How long have I been asleep?” Lucia asked.

“You tell me,” Sol said.

She sighed.

“Who was your previous owner?” Sol asked.

“My memories are a bit fuzzy... I think he was a mana researcher. Can’t remember his name though.”

“Anything else?”

“Nope- I think he was bald.”

“That’s just great,” Sol stated. “So I have a talking dagger that costs-”

“Woah- wait, stop. How much is the dagger you’re holding right now?”

“This? With the durability: probably 27 silver each, they’re a pair- black steel which is expensive- 50 to 60 silver altogether.”

“Right! It’s gonna cost… 97 gold now!” Lucia exclaimed happily.

Sol was not happy. “That is still a shit ton of money,” he said. “How did you calculate that?”

“You know, talking dagger things,” she said. “Besides, it’ll be worth it.”

Sol brought out a cheap common dagger and held it over Lucia. It turned to goo like before and sucked into her.

RARE ‘Lucia’

Dagger

Soul Bound: Formed.

Damage: 24

Durability: 32/32

Affinities: None

This item will always teleport to you. It cannot be stolen and you will always know where it is.

“Nothing happened,” Sol said.

“You fed me a common dagger? Really? I’m not a cheap prostitute like those women last night. I am Lady Lucia and I need at least a Rare to keep me satisfied.”

“You’re a lady now?” Sol questioned, ignoring her previous comment.

“... Yes.”

“Righhhht,” Sol said. “I am interested in what you’ll become but right now you’re useless.”

“That… That was really mean,” Lucia said, genuinely hurt.

Sol paused. “Are you sure you don’t have any tricks?”

“I can see through and detect most magic. I can watch your back and also- talk in your head,” Lucia said.

Sol grabbed his own, completely freaked out. “Don’t do that again, unless it’s urgent,” Sol demanded angrily.

“Yes, Sir!” Lucia mocked.

“And most magic?” he questioned.

“Yes, except from void and godly- oh, and yours,” Lucia replied.

“Godly?” Sol asked. “Is that even a thing?”

“Beyond Grand Sage tier. It affects every type of magic when a skill passes that tier.”

Sol thought Sage Tier was a myth. After Expert Tier it went into Master- Grand Master then into Sage then Grand Sage. He only knew of one person that reached Grandmaster and that was a rumour about an Elder called War Machine.

“What’s godly?” Sol asked.

Lucia moaned. “Basically, it gains power like the gods have. Although I’ve never been with someone that had passed Grand Master. And when I say like the gods it’s like almost nothing.”

Sol tried to wrap his head around it. “So you turn into a god?” he asked.

“Sorta- not really. Think of it as a step. Like trying out- but not really.”

“How do you know all this?” he asked. Lucia seemed to have incredible knowledge.

“Urmm, I don’t know.”

Sol sighed longingly, Lucia kept spluttering out interesting information and nothing to back it up with.

“I’m going to the Euclid Dimension today. Can I count on you to have my back?”

“Yes, Sir! Don’t worry, I’ll keep you alive.”

He chuckled. “Right.”

Sol lounged about the house until it was 4 o’clock, he was enjoying the recovery after the night. Sol put on a basic hoodie and trousers and headed out to a nearby teleporter. He flashed into base and went to the training area. He hired a room and texted his team the location.

He was there 30 minutes early where he was planning on taming the creatures. He went inside a reinforced training room and texted his team the code to enter. He started taking his clothes off.

“Woah, woah. You’re not bringing someone in here are you? By the way, what are all those tallies? I saw them last night but I didn’t want to ask.”

“No-” Sol slapped his forehead, “Just wait, you’ll see.”

Sol placed his pouch on a shelf then made sure he had everything. Lucia was hooked on his waist and he held his two trusted daggers in his hands. He checked his pockets and readjusted his trousers.

Sol accessed the summoners menu and selected the bunny first.

20