Chapter- 69 A Change In Command
428 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter- 69 A Change In Command


Sol stood up from a pile of vomit on the floor.

“You look like shit,” Tower said.

“I fucking feel it,” Sol added.

“I’m guessing it was challenging?” Sharp questioned.

“Yeah, I lost count how many times it killed me.”

Eighteen times’ Lucia said in his head.

“Let’s see it then,” Spike said.

“Give me a sec,” Sol said. “I broke my fucking dagger too.”

He brought out the dagger in two pieces.

“Ah, black steel. What did you do? Break it off on a rock?” Tower asked.

Sol looked at Tower with confusion and anger and the man returned it.

“Give it to Ozark, she could try to fix it,” Tower said, trying to help.

Sol nodded, it was a long shot. 

“C’mon then summoner,” Spike said eagerly. “Show me the money.”
“Don’t freak out,” Sol said as he activated the summoning.

The group backed up upon seeing it.

“Save me, Freja,” Spike said.

“His name is Wolfy,” Sol stated.

“You named that Wolfy? It is not even a wolf,” Spike remarked.

Sol shrugged. “He’s ridiculously fast. He could scale a cliff face within a minute. His claws can dig into mana dense rock easily.”

“Um- Sol,” Sharp said.

“Yeah.”

“Wolfy is a she.”

Spike coughed violently. “It-It’s a female. I wonder what the males look like.”

“Not to worry,” Sharp said. “They would roughly be similar in size and power. I believe prowlers hunt solo and only find a mate when in heat.”

Sol put a hand on Wolfy and rubbed her ears. “Who’s a good girl? Yes, you are, you little murder machine,”

Wolfy rubbed her head against his hand.

None of the team approached.

“Guys, it’s eternally loyal to me,” Sol said and then turned to Wolfy. “These are your friends. Do not hurt them.”

Wolfy seemed to understand and rolled on her stomach to get more pets from her eternal lord.

“She’s harmless,” Sol insisted.

“Sol,” Tower said, “I think she’s great… But she is fucking terrfiying.”

“Scared me too at first. You guys will loosen up eventually,” Sol said.

“Yeahhhh… Sure.” Spike added.

The group continued their training session for the next hour and a half. Sol tested out his new summons, he practised commanding them and conveying feels between them. He taught them his sister's scents as well as his teams.

They headed off 15 minutes before seven. They agreed to a few more training sessions before the adventure games.

Sol dismissed his summons and went to go speak to Mercy. He walked over to the Elder branch of the base and knocked on Mercy’s office.

“Come in,” Mercy said.

Sol opened the door to see Ester sitting down with Mercy.

“Ah, Immortal.” Mercy said, “This is Ester, she will be your designated admin. I believe you have already met.”

“The one who showed my dick to the world,” Sol said, slightly threatening.

“Immortal I-”

Mercy cut her off. “Do you know that the video has increased our reputation with New London and parts of Gaia.”

“No, Sir. I did not. I only wished I had some say in it,” Sol answered.

“But it has favoured you though, correct?” Mercy asked.

Sol paused for a moment, thinking about whether it was correct. “Yes, Sir.”

“Then that will be all with this matter. Ester, would you mind leaving us. I believe Tower is still in base so it would be best to introduce yourself to the group.”

The 50 year old lady got up and bowed to Mercy. It was strange to see a person he rescued in the Unwanted.

“Sol,” Mercy said as the door closed behind her. “I hope this is important.”

“Yes, Sir. I understand you know about my new class.”

Mercy nodded approvingly. “I am surprised but it is useful regardless.”

“Well, I received two new summons and I gained their memories. The monster horde was influenced by Chaos Masters. They used a type of monster magic that I’m not sure about.”

“Yes, we know. It seemed a bit too coincidental.”

“That’s all then, Sir,” Sol said. He turned to grab the handle when Mercy spoke.

“Just to let you know, I will be leaving the Unwanted until I see fit to come back.” Mercy said.

“You’re leaving?” Sol questioned.

“Not indefinitely,” Mercy said as more words pondered on his tongue, “As you know I wish to advance to the Overseer rank. I felt my fighting capabilities were lacking so I will be leaving in order to come back stronger.”

“How long?” Sol asked.

“As long as I see fit. I would never leave the Unwanted regardless of positions but during the monster horde I felt inadequate to fulfil my duty. Simply, I lacked power.”

“Who will be taking over?” Sol asked.

“It will be after the adventurer games, Heresy and Boseman will be taking over my position to further themselves as well.”

“Heresy? She’s crazy… Sir.”

“I do agree but she is good at what she does, more unorthodox than even Boseman but gets better results.”

Sol nodded his small understanding. “I wish you luck anyway, Sir.”

“As with you, what was that giant demon anyway?” Mercy asked.

“His name is Oglak, Sir.”

“Right, right, just wondering. Good evening, Sol.”
Sol nodded and exited the room.

“That guy has got some serious issues,” Lucia said when no one was around.

“What do you mean? It’s Mercy, everyone loves him around here.”

“Could you not tell? He’s probably got a more fucked up past than you, Lucia said.

Sol ignored her, he liked Mercy. The man had given him a well paying job and looked after his sisters. That was more than anyone else had done for him.

“I’m hungry,” Lucia moaned.

“Shut up,” Sol shut down.

He turned the corner into the industrial part of the base and headed over to Ozark’s room. He knocked on the door but it wasn’t the insect girl who answered.

“Where’s Ozark?” Sol asked.

“I-Immortal. Are you real-”

“Listen, where’s Ozark?”

The terrified man behind the door pointed to a different section of the base. Sol headed over and asked another person where she was.

“She’s got a whole fucking hanger to herself,” one said.

Sol followed the breadcrumbs until he found a large hanger where Ozark’s name was hung over it.

“Finally,” Sol said as he walked into it. “Ozark!”

In the large hanger, he found her beating a beast-kin over the head with a wrench.

“You can’t just reattach ligaments!” she screamed. “We’re not amateurs here!”

Sol hurried over and took the wrench out of her hand. “By Odin, Ozark. Go a little easier on people.” It seemed Ozark was now in control of a team of 10. After she had saved the Elders with her creation she was given full funding to carry on making them.

The muscular beast-kin scuttled out from underneath the small staurered Ozark and ran off. Ozark didn’t realise the wrench was no longer in her hand and went to chase after him.

“Ozark!” Sol shouted.

She turned around. “Oh, hiiiii Immortal. Didn’t expect you to be here. It’s been a long couple days.”

“Sorry for the unexpectedness,” Sol said. “I’m glad you got funding.”

“Took them long enough. What can I do for you- teammate?” she asked extra loudly.

“My dagger broke, can you fix it?” Sol questioned as he brought it out.

She brought it up close to her face and examined it. “I can try but Black Steel is hard to fix.”

She turned to her team who were working on sewing a leg back together, “Oi! We have a new mission…”

There was something comedic about a barely 5ft skinny insect girl bossing about women and men twice the size of her. 

“Can you keep me updated by text?” Sol asked.

“Sure thing, Sir,” Ozark said.

“Thanks, I think Tower will be coming by to repair his new club and hammer.”

“Righto,” Ozark said.

Sol left her and she went back to bossing them about.

“I’m still soooo hungry,” Lucia said.

“Do you want my mana or something?”
“Noooo, I need items.”

Sol glanced at his watch, he wouldn’t make it back in time for when Elora and Kara got there, Sharp was on his way there right now. He called Summer to let them know.

“I’m so hungry…” Lucia said.

“Shut up!” Sol shouted, drawing a few eyes to him.

“Pleaseeeeee.”

“What do you want?” Sol asked.

“I want items, you are literally deaf.”

“You want bracers, longswords- what?”

“Anything.”

Sol slapped his forehead and then checked his pockets. He had roughly 20 gold.

“Right, I’ll spend 10 silver on you. How about that?”

“That’s like a cheap shitty rare,”

Sol sighed. “Well let’s go to the market and see what we can find then. I’m tight for money right now.”

“Yeah right, you guys got like 3 platinum for the heart you sold.”

There was nothing that Lucia didn’t see.

Sol threw on his mask and headed for the black market.

“I have two merfolk kids! Their mother was a great singer!”

“I got a rare iced half-giant, great for bodyguarding!”

“Buy a soul for 10 silver and get another half price!”

The sounds of the black market flooded his ears.

“Right,” Sol said as he thought about where to go. He went over to the armorer district and walked into an average looking store. There were new weapons along with second hand ones on display. It seemed perfect for what Lucia wanted.

“Ah! Unwanted!” a half-orc said in the back. “What can I do for you?”

“I’m looking for rare items,” Sol said.

“Anything in particular?” the half-orc questioned.

“No,” Sol replied bluntly.

‘I like that bow, it looks tasty.’ Lucia said in his head.

Sol headed over to the bow.

“You have fine taste, Unwanted. That came from a dark-elf, she died in the recent monster horde in New London.”

“It’s nice,” Sol lied, it looked like any other bow. It was Rare but didn’t stand out at all.

“You don’t strike me as an archer, is it a present?” the half-orc asked.

Sol was surprised at how he knew so well. “Does that increase the price?” he asked.

“Not at all.”

“How much?” Sol asked.

“11 Silver and 40 copper.”

“How about 10 silvers and 40 coppers.”

“10.8,”

“Deal,” Sol said.

He handed the half-orc his coin and took the bow. He left the store and went down a dark alleyway.


Extra chapters ahead of schedule here: https://www.patreon.com/TheUnwanted

Sivios.

19