Chapter 83- A Series Of Unfortunate Events Part 2
332 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Extra chapters ahead of schedule here.

Sivios.


Chapter 83- A Series Of Unfortunate Events Part 2


“Wake up,” Lucia said.

Sol shot up right from a sleeping position, he shook his head and rubbed his eyes.

“Good news and bad news.”

He took a deep breath of fresh air in, realizing it was no longer tight to breath.

“Good news, you can breathe- bad news, we’re somewhere else.”

Sol looked at his surroundings, he was in an extremely tall hallway made of grey stone. It was illuminated by torches hanging on the walls that burned with a turquoise flame.

System Notice:

The Legend Sigurd, the Slayer of the Dragon, Fafnir, loves the thrill of the unknown and slaying bad guys and cool stuff.

You have passed the test: Leap of Faith, and have triggered a quest.

Quest Details: Kill The Headless General

The Legend Sigurd, the Slayer of the Dragon, Fafnir, has chosen you to kill the Headless General.

+2000 Experience

+Epic Grade Item

+Mark of the dungeon

Warning: The Quest System is in beta and is still going through trials.

For your own safety, please do not try any unusual activities.

System Version 2.0 Trial- Current Version 1.34

“What the fuck,” Sol said.

He had never heard of quests from the system, and the verison of the system felt like a game or an update for an app on his phone. Even the voice that read it out to him was different.

“This is cool, I remember the first few updates to the system,” Lucia said, “It’s awesome they’re releasing a whole new system type soon.”

“What does it mean?” Sol asked.

“The system was invented by the gods- we all know that. It was to help mortals achieve power to fight against the creatures of the dark- blah- blah- blah.”

Sol didn’t respond.

Lucia sighed, “You’re meant to ask me, how does someone so beautiful as yourself Lady Lucia know such powerful knowledge.”

“Get on with it,” Sol said as he stood up.

“The system works like a computer, it links to every sentient soul. They just want to add more stuff into it to help you.”

Sol couldn’t wrap his head around it still, “What are they going to add?” Sol asked.

“The questy thing, could be some other cool shit.”

“Lucia,” Sol said angrily.

“I don’t know. Like seriously, you never know. I remember the update to Lumina when you could exchange copper coins to silver coins in your menu.”

“Oh,” Sol said, “Makes our lives easier then.”

Lucia made a sound of her slapping her forehead.

“Ok,” Sol said, “How did I get down here?”

“You teleported when you reached the bottom of the pit. And I think Sigurd designed the level based completely on you.”

“How?” Sol asked.

“Low oxygen so you can’t summon. Immortal enemies you can’t stabby stab. Distance between platforms is just far enough that you can’t jump and teleport to truly make it.”

“Now when you put it like that,” Sol said, “The bastards playing with me.”

“Right, and we’re guinea pigs. And we were meant to come down here anyway.”

“Really?” Sol asked.

“Yeah, it was practically impossible to survive for 5 hours. They would have dragged you down here regardless.”

“He’s really fucking with me,” Sol said.

It was just his luck he rolled a zero and was sent to this god forsaken level.

“So we’re gonna have to kill this general guy and then complete this fucking quest,” Sol said.

“... Yep! Kinda cool adventure actually. Nay- A quest!” She said in an old-timey accent.

“This day keeps getting weirder,” Sol muttered.

He found solace when he could summon Fluffy and Wolfy again, he had missed them during the fight before. He nuzzled Fluffy’s head while he stroked Wolfy’s ear.

“C’mon,” Lucia said, “We have a boss to kill.”
“Who wants to go kill a boss, you do, yes you do.” Sol said to his summons.

“You seem to be in a better mood,” Lucia said.

Sol started to walk down the hallway with both of his summons, “I hated that place, at least this will be easier.”

“Oh no,” Lucia said, “You jinxed it now. Wood! Touch wood.”

Sol tutted, “Superstitious shit.”

Sol continued to walk down the hallway towards a double gated door.

“Duh duh, duh duh,” Lucia teased.

“This isn’t the boss room,” Sol said as he accessed Fluffy’s senses.

He pushed the door open with both hands. The room was dark with five pillars circulating a glowing item that was hovering in the middle. It was glowing a blue luminescence and wisps of it were fluttering off.

“Woah,” Lucia gasped.

“This quest thing is cool.”

Sol approached confidently after accessing there were no hidden traps. The floating item was a transparent dagger made of an unknown material. It grooves in the base of the blade and then it curves towards the end like Lucia.

“I need a new dagger,” Sol joked.

“Don’t even think about it, Mister. I know where you live.”

“Is that a threat?” Sol asked as he held Lucia over his pouch.

Lucia huffed, “No,” she said timidly.

“Good,” Sol stated as his focus returned to the dagger.

He held out his hand in front of it and examined it.

LEGENDARY- Soul Shatter

QUEST ITEM

This one of a kind dagger is made from the souls of thousands condensed into a substance known as Soul Matter. The transparent blade is able to penetrate through souls.

Warning! Using this on a soul will cause unbridled damage to their afterlife or even prevent it.

X100 Damage to soul type entities.

Indestructible

Requirements: ERROR Seek Codex #1445

Damage: 12

Durability: N/A

Affinites: Soul, Life, Death, Godly.

System Notice: QUEST ITEM #U139 belongs to the Legend Sigurd, the Slayer of the Dragon, Fafnir.

This item is only available during the quest, it will be removed from any person or storage device attempting to leave with it.

Sol started chuckling, “This really has brightened my mood,” he said.

“Whatever,” Lucia said, “It’s just a dagger.”

“A legendary one,” Sol reminded.

Lucia started mumbling to herself, “why does he need his full title every time his name is said.”

Sol ignored her as his fingers crept around the dagger, it felt weightless. He could see through it yet the power pulsating through shone brightly.

He almost squealed, “So now I can kill those annoying armours. It does a thousand damage holy shit!”

“... Stupid dagger, I hate that dagger,” Lucia continued softly but just enough for Sol to hear.

“This is the first legendary weapon I’ve ever seen, they really are beautiful,” Sol admired.

“You can’t keep it,” Lucia reminded, “It belongs to stupid doo-doo head Sigurd.”

“Did you just call a legend a stupid doo-doo head?” Sol questioned, “He can hear us, you know.”

“You were being mean to him earlier, look how the turn tables.”

“You mean tables turn?” Sol asked.

“I know what I said.”

Sol couldn’t help but chuckle, “This is awesome.”

He bent down on one knee and thrusted the dagger into the air, “I thank you oh Great Legend, Sigurd, the Slayer of the Dragon, Fafnir! I will see that creature of the dark and show him the light in your name!” Sol shouted in a lancelot accent.

“Gimme a break.” Lucia moaned.

“You know how old Sigurd is, he’s gonna love this shit,” Sol whispered, “Think of the rewards.”

“Fine, but if it's another dagger I’m going to eat it,” Lucia said rudely.

“Maybe,” Sol said.

The doors in front of him opened on their own and Sol along with his summons walked through. They walked for another few minutes before coming to a bend where there were 4 of the headless armours.

His summons were practically useless right now, their only use was going to be holding them down for him to slice.

Fluffy disappeared while Wolfy charged forward, she was met with a spear penetrating her shoulder but grabbed onto the headless armour with her teeth and chucked it over to Sol.

He sliced at its chest, finding it went through with ease.

“I’m confused,” Sol said amidst the battle.

“Why?” Lucia asked, “It works doesn’t it.”

“It’s armour though, why aren’t you more useful against them. I thought I’d have to be slicing them open.”

Lucia sighed, “Because their souls are inside the armour- trapped- forged together by magic or the soul still had regrets or something and went inside of it.”

Fluffy appeared and took out one that was charging for Sol as he continued to chat.

“So they could be good people, I don’t fancy messing up their chances at going to the afterlife,” Sol contemplated.

“Who cares, it’s a dungeon. Besides, it’s not like you’ve done good in your life- so why start now.”

“I am too, I saved all those women from the slavers. In fact, I’ve saved countless people.”

“You murdered those slavers and even tortured some which is worse than murder and you were forced to fight in the monster horde probably. To be good, you must do things for only good and not for your ego or better yourself.”

“Look at you,” Sol said as he dodged an armour, “Being all philosophical and ethical.”

“You don’t even know what those words mean, ughhh- On your left!” Lucia said.

Sol ducked under a sword and kicked a headless armour away, “I suppose you’re right actually. I only did those things out of anger and because I had to.”

“Yay! You’re getting it. First lesson from Professor Lucia was a success!”

“So how do you think I can go about by doing the least amount of damage?” Sol asked.

“You still want to go ahead with this?” Lucia asked.

“Yes, today I am Merlin Justice Bringer!” Sol mocked, “I will not let these innocent souls be left to wander this place!”

Lucia scoffed, “Just take out their legs, then they can’t walk. It shouldn’t do too much damage.”

“Righto’ my trusted advisor,” Sol said.

He was kind of enjoying himself, being trapped in a dungeon and forced to take part in an experimental method for the system was interesting and he felt he should play the character. He was more glad he wasn’t in that desolate place where he could 

Sol went about cutting the headless armour’s shin plates and greaves. It was ridiculously easy and 5 minutes later there were four of them crawling towards him. He wanted to slice them all up for the experience but he felt like he could earn that in seconds on the 27th floor.

He moved through the tall corridors at a fast pace, slicing the legs and feet of the headless armour. For anyone without soul magic or weapons they would most probably fail.

After his 4th group of headless armours, they began to get higher level and wield better weapons and armour. There were berserkers, tanks, archers- the variations kept growing.

It still didn't require effort from himself but his summons took a lot more hits. He had to banish Wolfy once and re-summon her.

Sol ran around another corner and saw at least 15 headless armours guarding a giant door. He rubbed his hands together and then pulled out the legendary dagger.

“Boss room baby,” Sol said with a mixture of excitement and fear.

“Really? Seems kinda anti-climatic.”

That nervousness always came to him whenever he ventured into any boss room. It was the proof of a challenge and the danger that awaited him that always gave him an adrenaline rush.

He remembered his first dungeon with his group after training, he had never reached the boss before. Sol had definitely come along away since then, he could never imagine stepping into a boss room alone. Even with his immortality he didn’t fancy constantly dying or being swallowed and not able to get out.

He started running with Wolfy and Fluffy by his side, he commanded them to spread out as he teleported into the group.

Sol spun low to the floor while slicing at their legs, he received multiple stab wounds from swords and spears but ignored the pain. His summons kept most of the group off him as the glowing dagger pierced through the strong metal armour.

He loved it, fighting by himself, he felt powerful- Fluffy and Wolfy made him feel like a one man army. He just wanted more summons now- he didn’t know exactly what though

“Big guy coming in, it sent Wolfy flying,” Lucia said.

Sol used Iridescent Benevolence to acquire Fluffy’s Dark Place Dash skill and he dipped out of the fight to get some distance on the target.

Level 54 Headless Armour, Brute, Giant Strength.

It was a big one but no problem, he teleported just as the skill ended towards the large headless armour sliced at the back of the legs with the legendary dagger. It fell to its knees but grabbed Sol with its metal gloves. It felt ridiculously strong.

It pulled Sol’s arm completely off and blood spurted everywhere. The dagger clattered onto the floor- soon it was blocked off by the headless armours.

“Fuck!” Sol said as he backed away.

He retreated and then stabbed a blade through his heart to regenerate his arm. He re-attacted a new device to his arm and began to circle the headless armours that had grouped up like undead.

“They’re not moving off the dagger,” Lucia stated.

“I can see that,” Sol said.

“Look, that big guy got a new makeover,” Lucia pointed out.

The big one was covered in Sol’s blood and dyed the metal red, it looked even more terrifying. He was also still holding onto Sol’s floppy arm.

“I want that arm back,” Sol grunted.

“Ewwwwwww.”

Sol commanded Wolfy to dive into the group, she pushed a lot of them over. Sol commanded Fluffy to swoop in and grab the dagger. The flying bunny rabbit managed to grab it with his claws and drop down to Sol.

“Well that was easy,” Lucia said.

Wolfy got pinned down by the headless armour and she died shortly after. He felt bad but it wasn’t like she was really dead. He held off on her as he started to cut down the small horde.

Sol stabbed the big guy in the thigh until it couldn’t walk any more. He stepped over another one trying to grab him and circled round to the boss room entrance which it definitely was. Fluffy’s senses were pinged around and his nose was twitching rapidly.


Extra chapters ahead of schedule here.

Sivios.

7