Chapter 85 A Series Of Unfortunate Events Part 4
311 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 85 A Series Of Unfortunate Events Part 4


Congratulations! You have completed the quest.

+2,000 Experience

+Epic Grade Item (Choose 1)

+Mark of the dungeon

Congratulations! You have discovered a hidden side quest.

Save the lives of 50 Headless Armours.

+1,000 Experience

+1 Gold

“I told you!” Sol said as he threw his arms in the air, “It helps being good!.. Sometimes.”

“Whatever.”

The menu for the items popped up but something else caught his eye.

System notice: Administrator Inbound.

“Lucia,” Sol said.

“Yeah,” 

“What’s an administrator?”

A white ball appeared in front of him and flashed out to reveal a small little person. It was a man and he was glowing translucent- he wore a plain uniform Sol had never seen before. He was facing away from Sol while tapping away at a holographic tablet.

“Excuse me, little guy,” Sol said.

The little man turned around, he looked annoyed at being called a ‘little guy.’.

“Little guy?”

Sol examined him.

ADMINISTRATOR- FIELD AGENT Level ????, Sprite.

Sol’s tongue fell into the back of his throat and he coughed to regain his senses. He didn’t even know what four question marks meant.

“I apologise about my owner,” Lucia said politely, “He can be very ignorant sometimes.”

“What a lovely dagger,” the man said, “Your carvings are very beautiful.”

Lucia giggled flirtingly.

Sol coughed, “You’re an administrator? Of what?”

“What do you think, smartass?”

“Sol,” Lucia stated, “The system.”

“Like- this system?” Sol questioned.

“... Yes?”

“I am an administrator of the system that operates on Gaia,” the man said.

“Right, and you’re here to deal with the new update?” Sol asked.

“Spot on,” the man replied, “Do you feel any nausea, or perhaps internal bloating or combustion?”

“Urm- no?”

“Great, no problems with any experience or your soul?”

“Nope.”

“Please just sign this NDA agreement and you’ll be good to go,” The sprite said as he handed Sol a scroll.

“What’s this?” Sol asked.

“So you don’t tell anyone about the new update beforehand. When you sign it, it will imprint your soul to refrain you from talking about it to others. Your dagger will also be affected- and your… Summons?”

The sprite looked around at the giant Oglak and Wolfy.

“Interesting class you have,” the sprite acknowledged.

Sol scribbled down his name on the scroll and it burnt away in his hand. He felt something imprint his soul. So like with Lucia- he took off the imprint.

“What did you just do?” The sprite asked.

“Ah, that was quick,” Sol replied with gritted teeth.

“Did you just… take off the imprint? How did you-” The sprite. He brought up another holographic screen in front of him

“Well it’s not your class, my, my- you bear the Kiss of Death.”

Sol clicked his teeth and winked at the man, “In the flesh.”

“Your attractive looks will not sway me.”

“I wasn’t try-”

“Swear an oath you will not talk about it with anyone else and that will be all.”

Sol sighed as he read an oath to not talk about the update.

“That’s great, that will be all.”

“Can I get your name?” Sol asked.

“Administrator 14-”

“Your real name.”

“Jeffery.”

“Nice to meet you jeffery.”

“Are you flirting with me?” The sprite asked.

The man suddenly put a finger to his ear and listened to something. He started to look more visibly annoyed and then fear flashed across his translucent eyes.

“No, don't send him! No, get him back!” The sprite yelled into an ear piece he was wearing.

The sprite turned to Sol, “Please put on some clothes, Sigurd will be arriving. Please do not talk about Fafnir- it’s his trigger word.”

Sol’s mouth mumbled some intelligible words, “Sigurd, the legend guy?”

“Yes, but please don’t mention Fanfir cause he will throw a tantrum.”

Another white flash of light happened and a 7ft man with long white hair stumbled on the floor. He was old- looked to be in his seventies with a great bushy beard. His robe had food stains littering it and he held onto a magnificent sword that he used as a walking stick.

Sigurd straightened his back as he limped towards Sol. The stench of a nursing home and expensive cologne filled his nose.

“Great job out there my boy,” Sigurd said as he placed a hand on his shoulder.

A monkey was slapping tambourines in Sol’s head, he thought Sigurd was meant to be a legend- not some dusty old grandad. A concerned look from the sprite gave Sol the urge to talk. He decided to identify him.

LEGEND Level ????? Sigurd, Slayer of the Dragon, Fafnir.

That was one more question mark than the sprite, 

“Thank you, great Legend Sigurd. It was an honour to experience this level and the new update.”

“Yes, yes,” Sigurd said, his mouth moving his entire beard, “Great set of skills you have, I did not expect to see another Euclid Summoner in my time.”

The sprite cleared his throat, “Sigurd, I don’t have to remind you that you cannot disclose your knowledge to mortals.”

Sigurd smiled, “he’s not mortal.”

“Still y-”

“I know, I know. Have you chosen your item yet?” Sigurd asked impatiently.

“You remember another Euclid Summoner?” Sol asked instead.

“Sorry, my boy. I can’t tell you much.”

Sol rubbed his chin in interest, “I know, and I haven’t yet.”
Sigurd chuckled, “What are you going for? There’s some real lovely ones there.”

X15 EPIC Elder Draconian Wing Crystals

Consumable

These crystals are harvested from the body of an elder Draconian. Once swallowed, the person will grow wings and be able to use them.

Time Limit: 1 minute

EPIC Flighted Boots of Fafnir

Boots made from the scales and hide of the Dragon, Fafnir. 

Perk: Space Step

-You are able to take a step in the air as if it were the ground.

Cooldown: 1 minute

Defense Rating: 64(-11)

Durability: 12/260 (HEAVILY DAMAGED)

Affinities: Dragon, Space-Time, Flight

EPIC Dragon Tooth Dagger

Made from the smallest tooth of the Dragon, Fafnir.

Perk: Piercing IV

-Gain 40% Piercing damage for a minute

Cooldown: 3 Minutes

Damage: 131(-29)

Durability:27/230 (HEAVILY DAMAGED)

Affinity: Dragon, Piercing, Armour

Sol was impressed with the items themselves but the only issue was the heavily damaged parts. They also handily came with a picture which must have been a part of the new update. Not only did they look damaged but they also looked gross.

“Why are they all damaged?” Sol asked.

“They shouldn’t be,” the sprite said as he turned to Sigurd, “Unless you have done something?”

Sigurd looked a little uneasy which seemed out of character, “I kinda, urm… Lost the items you gave me.”

The sprite sighed, “Fine, fine, it’s ok. Can you please select an item? I need to ask a few more questions.”

Sol wasn’t going to get the dagger since it would offend Lucia and he was not a fan of consumables. He selected the boots and they dropped into his pouch.

“Good choice,” Sigurd said with a wink.

Sol nodded to the legend.

“Right, how would you feel about choosing skills and class upgrades?” The sprite asked.

“Yeah, definitely.”

“Ok, what are your views on gods?” The sprite asked.

“They exist,” Sol replied.

“Right, that’s all. You may leave now.”

Sol nodded.

“You have a bright future, boy,” Sigurd said, “I look forward to watching you.”

“Thank you,” Sol said as the underside of his wrist started to glow.

He turned it over to see that Sigurd had given him the mark of the dungeon.

Congratulations! You have received the Mark of the Dungeon- Sigurd’s Journey.

+1 Luck whenever inside any dungeon.

+1% damage when inside a dungeon.

Sigurd will always see you in a favourable light.

It was an image of Sigurd slaying fafnir, it was only small and was across his left wrist’s veins. It was Sol’s first proper mark from anything- he never counted Thanatos’s curse as it was technically a curse and not a mark even though he received a giant tattoo on his back.

“Thank you again, Sigurd. I’ll live up to it. Is there anything else you can tell me about my class?” Sol asked.

Sigurd thought heavily, “There’ll be a time when you can’t look after your family so-”

“That’s enough!” The sprite shouted, “Sigurd, I don’t want to have to make a report.”

Sigurd tutted to himself, he gave a wave to Sol before teleporting away.

That comment was puzzling to Sol, it didn’t make any sense. Even if Sol couldn’t get to his sisters his team were now able to look after them.

“Please leave now, you’ve pushed it too far,” the sprite said, angrily.

The dungeon portal opened out in front of him.

“Thanks for the opportunity,” Sol said with gritted teeth.

Not only did he not understand what Sigurd meant but it now plagued his mind. It meant his sisters were going to be in trouble one way or another if he wasn’t around.

The sprite put on a fake smile as Sol teleported away with his face misted.


Extra chapters ahead of schedule here.

Sivios.

10