Chapter 92- Warming Part 2
355 2 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 92- Warming Part 2


The group watched the U25s Monster Rush event, it was considered the most exciting for the general public. Monsters versus monsters, adventures versus adventurers and the two intermixed into a cluster fuck of blood, guts and stylised kills.

When it came time for their turn, they were led out onto the stadium grounds with all the other teams. The crowd went wild after seeing Sol walk out.

Thomas Cricket and Mark Fibber- the two presenters, were going over each team and the individuals.

“So, for Auraria we have the Unwanted group known as the Ill-Favoured Five. I suspect they are Kraos born but that doesn’t mean they cannot compete for other countries,” Thomas said.

“You’re right there, we’ve only seen a few minutes of footage of their skills but we will go over what information we’ve been given about them,” Mark responded.

“Firstly, their leader. Alias- Tower, looks to be a tank or bruiser type but we are still yet to find out.” Thomas said.

Mark laughed, “Well he does look like one.”
“Exactly what I was thinking Mark, it says here he is a... is this right?”

` Thomas looked over to the camera crew who nodded, they were whispering something to him.

“It says here he is a dwarf,” Thomas said.

“A royal one,” Mark added.

“My apologies. Tower- he is one of the rare few adventurers who bears a mark. He bears the mark of Magni so I presume it is a mark of strength,” Thomas said.

“He will definitely be a formidable opponent,” Mark carried on, “He is intelligent enough to be a leader while containing tremendous strength.”

“Moving on, Alias- Sharp. A scout or ranger type class who can conjure mana arrows with ease. He looks to be very physically weak but I suggest he makes up for it in intelligence.” Thomas said, “Next, we have Alias- Mute. A… small elf? Ok, we’re going for a small elf- she is an assassin class with a giant sword as you can see out on the stadium ground.”

“I wouldn’t want that thing cutting through me,” Mark added, “I have never heard of a small elf before.”

“Likewise, Mark. Sorry folks but we don’t have that much more information on them. Anyway, carrying on, Alias- Sharp. A bard type class, he is human although we cannot directly tell otherwise.”

“We don’t see much of the bard types in these games, it will be interesting,” Mark remarked.

“Most of the support classes are mages or alchemists so I believe he is the only bard in the games as of now. Last but not least, Alias- Immortal,” Thomas said.

“Every woman in New London has heard of the Immortal and he has definitely stolen most of their hearts- or stopped them, he appears to be human and there are rumours going round that he has a summoner class but we cannot confirm,” Mark said with a giant smirk.

“We’ve all seen the videos…” Thomas winked, “But we can definitely say the Immortality part is no joke or photoshopping.”

“He will definitely have most of the eyes of the audience who are present, I think this team will be interesting to watch,” Mark said.

“Yes, although they haven’t shown any magical amplitude except for Sharp- this will definitely slow them down against hordes of monsters.” Thomas added.

“I agree, most teams will have one to three individuals possessing some sort of AOE magical damage to clear out small monsters. All we can now do is wait and watch.”

“Are you nervous?” Spike asked Sol down on the stadium ground.

Sol cocked his head sideways, he was more nervous of performing bad than the people watching. He had grown accustomed to the fame his ‘fighting skills’ had brought him, all he wanted now was for him and his team to do well.

“A little, you?” Sol asked back.

“Same, too many eyes.”

“You’re a bard though,” Sol said.

“And? I can still get nervous.”

“Spike- the lady killer, the guy with the voice of an angel, is nervous?”

The bard nodded his head side to side, “Fair enough.”

“For Auraria- the Ill-Favoured Five!” The announcer shouted.

The crowd cheered and the team waved to the masses. The atmosphere in the air was ecstatic. However, the team felt out of place, they weren’t the best of the best competing. They were Unwanted, their missions were supposed to be underwraps and without prying eyes.

“The Under 50s for Monster Rush  will be starting in an hour!” The announcer exclaimed.

They were led back into their changing rooms and found Ozark and Nude waiting for them.

“Weapons please,” Ozark said, holding her palms out.

“What for?” Tower asked.

“I am your blacksmith.”
Tower was still puzzled.

Ozark cleared her throat, “I WILL CHECK OVER THE CONDITION OF YOUR WEAPONS!”

The group, except for Sol, handed her their weapons and she brought them to the bench to go over them.

“What are you doing here, Nude?” Sol asked with a hint of arrogance in his voice.

“Nude is your admin,” Boseman said as he walked into the locker room.

Tower raised his chin up, “Thought you’d be shoveling shit beneath Heresy’s feet.”

“That is Sir- Sir Calamity Boseman to you,” he joked.

Tower clasped his hand and Boseman closed the door on his way in.

“Where’s Mercy?” Sol asked.

Boseman shrugged, “He’s here alright, just haven’t seen him. By Odin, that bitch is driving me nuts. She put me in charge of the fast food joint in the commoner stands- its a fucking free-for-all.”

Spike rolled his eyes, “Always got to make it about you,”

Boseman leaned back against the wall, “I bet you'd finish 30th, got 10 silvers on it.”
“You really have no faith in your friends huh?” Spike said with a cigarette hanging out his mouth. Tower quickly plucked it out and flicked it into the bin.

“I am a realist before a friend,” Boseman responded.

“Acting Elder Boseman,” Nude said in a formal manner, “What is the purpose of you being here? Shouldn't you be on duty.”

Sol smiled as he looked at Boseman.

Boseman hesitated before speaking, “... Moral support.”

“Oh,” Nude said, “To answer your question Immortal I’m here for your tactics, I hope Tower has caught you up on our conversations.”

Tower grew wide eyed.

“Just kill stuff… Right?” Sol hesitantly questioned.

Nude huffed through her nose and looked at Tower.

“She’s doing the Heresy thing,” Spike pointed out while slapping his knee, “The nose breathing with the foottap.”

Boseman threw a hotdog at Spike but he swiftly dodged it.

Tower cleared his throat nervously, “I think Immortal might need some light memory jogging.”

She sighed and Sol saw what Spike was saying.

She brought out a device and it projected a powerpoint onto the nearby wall.

“Monster Rush, a classic event. 60 teams fighting to the death against themselves and monsters. It is about conservation of stamina and mana but also survival. Since your group has limited magic, I’d suggest you mainly go for other teams to look for points. Start by killing monsters while the other teams build points then switch to hunting them. I know your group prefers assassinations missions so I think this will be the best tactic.”

“So wait until the pigs are fat,” Sol said.

“In shorter terms, there will be other teams who will be doing the same as you so watch out. Speaking of other teams, stay clear from the Draconians.”
“Seems obvious,” Sol said, “They’re more jacked Tower.”

“At least you are observant,” Nude said.

“Beastman, Kraos and Northcross are the ones to also look out for. Beastman are entirely physical but are also good at killing monsters in large numbers. Northcross are physical too but will use much greater weapons.”

“Only up to Epic items are allowed though?” Sol questioned.

“Yes, but they will be using special items which are probably at the boundary of legendary. They will have a large variety, they even have false limbs that act as guns which is allowed by the games.”

“Oh,” Sol mused.

“Number 1 spot will be contested between the Draconians and Kraos. You should aim for the 10th spot. Stick to what I told you and you will reach it.”

“Pff,” Boseman said, “10th is a dream.”

“Go make me a hot dog,” Spike said, “Mustard with 3 pickles, please.”
“Acting Elder Boseman, shouldn’t you be rooting for the Ill-Favoured Five, it would make Kraos’s Ally look powerful and therefore benefit the organisation.”

“Great point,” Sharp stated.

Boseman rolled his eyes as he sipped on a sugary drink.

“So kill monsters first then people, stay clear of the Kraos, Northcross, Draconians and Beastman,” Sol repeated.

Nude nodded, “And try to keep clothed- although it is a show. Nudity is quite eye-catching.”
Sol nodded sarcastically, “Get naked, got it.”
“Can I get a footlong, Boseman?” Spike joked carrying it on.

“All I can do for you is 4 inches,” Boseman chatted back.

Nude cleared her throat, “A member of the games will be coming in soon to check you over. You are all wearing your voice changers and have been given base Uncommon pouches, I can’t do anything about marks so you’ll have to deal with it.”

“Ready!” Ozark shouted at the top of her lungs.

Tower flinched in fear, “... Thanks… Ozark”

“No problem.”

“I better be going,” Boseman said as he got up, “Good luck guys.”

“Have fun in the burger joint,” Sol said.

“We do hotdogs too, we’re not animals,” Boseman joked as he headed out the door with a wave.

“Heresy really screwed him over,” Sol said once he left.

“No shit, Acting Elder in a burger joint,” Tower added.

“There is nothing we can do,” Sharp said.

10