Chapter 93- Monster Rush Part 1
259 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 93- Monster Rush Part 1


Ozark and Nude left shortly after. A member of the games came in to check them over. The member patted them down and checked their given pouches.

“Please stand up and spread your arms and legs,” the personnel said.

Tower did first.

“And cough,” the person said.

“You think my areshole is loose?” Tower questioned angrily.

“She doesn’t think,” Spike said, “She knows.”

“Sorry, it's the code.”

Tower ignored Spike’s comment and coughed lightly.

“A bit more aggression.”

He coughed a little bit more.

“Ok, now Alias- Sharp.”

They went to each of the team and checked them over. Once finished, they were taken beneath the stadium and towards a teleportation pad.

“So we get sent up into the stadium into a random environment?” Sol asked Sharp as he looked at the runes on the ground beneath him.

“Yes, there can be 10 environments sometimes. It changes for each category, getting harder the higher you go up.”

“So we could be screwed,” Sol said.

“Let’s try not to think that,” Tower interjected.

“Righto, Sir,” Spike joked.

Sol noticed Spike’s finger shaking slightly as he clutched onto his metal guitar.

“Inventory check,” Tower ordered, “All potions, weapons and make sure the stasis beads are soul bound to you. Sol, I have your potions on me.”

The rules for Sol were a little different, he had to remain still or dead for 10 seconds in order for him to be qualified to be out. He felt this was going to be a huge advantage for him.

“Everyone speak,” Tower ordered again.

Everyone except for Mute spoke and Tower checked their voices.

“I have a few spare voice changers on me,” Sol said, “They’re not soul bound like the mask.”

“That’s good,” Tower reassured, he turned to the attendant and nodded that they were ready.

A timer appeared on a screen in front of them with a red light. Once the attendant pressed a button the light turned green and it started to tick down from a minute.

Tower breathed out heavily, he was nervous like the rest. Mute conveyed she was nervous too but it was always hard to tell. Sol was a bit too but he just didn’t want to disappoint his team and his sisters watching.

“Should I play a song? Calm the ol’ nerve a bit?” Spike asked in a cockney accent.

Everyone ignored him.

“How about a sailor's one? Real lifter.” Spike continued.

“Spike,” Tower growled.

The mohawked man nodded and lit a cigarette in his mouth, Tower didn’t bother to take it out- plus, it was his signature look.

Twenty seconds were on the clock when Sol felt Lucia vibrate in her sheath.

‘What is it?’ he thought to her.

‘I’m nervous, what if people don’t like me.’

‘You’re aren’t the one- don’t worry, you’re a pretty blade- you’ll do fine.”

‘Make sure you use my perk,’

‘I will, it’s handy.’

‘Ok, ok, are you nervous? I am, like, really nervous. I need some food, noodles maybe- no onion rings- no wait, deep fried lizard-’

“Shut up,” Sol said out loud.

Tower gave him a funny look but he played it down.

They flashed into a purple light and were teleported onto sandy ground.

You have entered the stadium.

Biome: Draconian Rift

Your total points score: 0

Team total points score: o

Time elapsed: 7 seconds

Teams remaining: 60

Adventurers remaining: 300

“Sharp!” Tower said, “Recon.”

He let his raven fly free as the group dispersed into a circle.

“Three teams within 200m,” Sharp said, “Judging by aura we can take them.”

Sol observed his surroundings, sandy ground with hexagonal rock formations jutting around them creating lots of room for cover. Around the whole stadium there was white mist blocking them from the audience. He could see a large tree biome off in the distance along with a mountain type biome. Above him there were 3 drones with cameras facing them.

“I’ll summon Wolfy,” Sol said.

Sol disappeared behind a rock formation and started the summoning.

“I can see Sand Spikebacks,” Sharp remarked, “Two Alphas. One is only 70m from us.”

“How many points?” Tower asked.

“22.”

Sol emerged back riding wolfy.

“Immortal, meet us at the alpha spikeback. Run around with Wolfy and gather some small fry,” Tower said.

“Yes, Sir.”

“Wow,” Thomas the commentator said, “The rumours really are true. Can we get a description on that summon?”

“Now bringing up the details... It is a Night Prowler, origin unknown and an extremely rare creature. Dark affinity and we are getting some other type of magic but cannot seem to detect it.”

“It is absolutely terrifying,” Thomas stated, “It says here it uses psychological tactics to kill its prey by attacking when adrenaline has worn off.”

Back down on the ground, Sol was running on top of Wolfy. She was tearing into spikebacks with her claws and gaining easy points for the team.

You have slain Level 26 Sand Spikeback!

+34 Experience

You have been given 1 point.

Loot has been withheld until the event is over.

Sol was rushing in an arc towards the alpha. Thankfully, Wolfy’s senses were sharp and he gained a sense of the entities around him. He didn’t want to summon Fluffy yet and Oglak was a trump card he wanted to save for the second day.

He leapt off of Wolfy and cut off a spikeback’s head and teleported back on. By the time he saw his team he had 9 points already.

Adventurer Games Menu

Biome: Draconian Rift

Your total points score: 9

Team total points score: 18

Time elapsed: 7 seconds

Teams remaining: 60

Adventurers remaining: 300

 

LEADERBOARDS

POSITION:

SCORE:

COUNTRY:

#1

42

DRACONIA

#2

31

KRAOS

#3

29

NORTHCROSS

 

...

 

#29

18

AURARIA

Sol couldn’t believe Draconia already had 42 points ,he guessed they must have been straight off the mark or just lucky but Sol didn’t believe that. The event was true to its name, it was just a rush to kill anything- it made for great entertainment.

He joined back up with the group just as Tower was going toe to toe in strength with an alpha sand spikeback. It was huge, roughly the size of a car which was large for the subspecies.

Mute dashed around, cutting off its back legs while Sharp blinded it with two mana arrows in quick succession. Tower buffed himself and his muscles, he heaved the alpha over his head and slammed it down behind him. Spike split open the tough skin on the underside of its neck just in time for Sol to come in for a quick slash.

“Now that is coordination!” Thomas exclaimed.

“Not a single word spoken between them too,” Mark added.

“Sharp, next one,” Tower said, “Immortal, circle round again, Mute- you too now.”

The small elf dashed past rocks while Sol clambered back onto Wolfy. 

In the stadium, June and Summer were watching the event on a tablet, they were watching Sol and his team.

“Excuse me,” Mercy said to them, “It appears I’m on the other side of you.”

Summer looked up and smiled, “Oh, I’m sorry,” she said as she stood up.

Mercy politely nodded and found his seat next to June.

“You’re watching the Ill-Favoured Five?” Mercy asked, looking at their tablet.

June nodded, “I’m sure everyone is watching too,”

“It appears so,” Mercy said, holding in a proud smile.

“Do you have a tablet? You can watch it on ours if you like,” Summer asked.

“If you would be so kind,” Mercy said.

“Do you think So- the Unwanted group has any chance?” June asked.

“Perhaps, although the group is just an ordinary team from the Unwanted. They are strong but not the best. I believe they will have a lot of tricks up their sleeves to combat the difference in physical and most importantly magical prowess of the others.” Mercy replied.

She nodded, it was exactly what she was thinking, “You’re very observant,” she noted.

“I would like to think I know them well… From studying their videos of course,” Mercy added.

“What tricks do you think they’ll have?” Summer asked.

Mercy shrugged, “I suppose that is the idea,”

June laughed, “Good point.”

Thirty minutes into the game, more and stronger monsters were beginning to be let into the stadium grounds. The Ill-Favoured Five weren’t struggling as of yet but they could definitely feel it coming.

8