Chapter 15 – Rejuvenation Potion
222 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Why, is something wrong with it?" Noah asked with faux shock.

"Don't act innocent. This Blessing really deserves its name. It's two grades up my rare Talent. There will probably be no one having better Stat growth on Earth than you." Ava said still in slight shock.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that. She, Vanadis told me there will be others having Blessings. Maybe you two could also get one somewhere down the line. Though I don't know what the criteria are to be chosen for a Blessing. If it was just Talent, Ava would have already got one. Maybe it's some sort of affinity. She did say I was a match." Noah explained to his friends.

"Here I was feeling good about having a rare Talent and you just had to throw your Blessing on my face." Ava said spitefully.

"Now, You of all persons shouldn't be upset. You have two Skills on your Status Page while we have none. They should also be pretty good considering their names. The Precognition one should be the one behind your visions if I'm right." Noah snorted.

"I wouldn't have been upset if they were working skills. If I focus on them, Just a prompt showing [Dormant Skill. Requirements not met.] comes up." Ava added with her eyes focused in front of her most probably trying to see if the Skills became active.

Hearing her words, Noah pondered what the issue could be before he remembered the conclusion he came up with. Turning to Ava and Shaun, he explained his conjecture.

"That seems very plausible and considering our circumstances, this whole thing is likely some sort of trial. " Shaun said thinking over Noah's theories.

"So, the Soul Awakening is to be done before my skills can become active or at least functional, right?" Ava asked from the side.

"I think so. Everything points to this Rite of Awakening being an important thing. Anyways, by now we have familiarized ourselves with the basics of these Status Pages. " Noah replied and continued.

"So, Let's summarize our situation. We are in a different world, therefore we know nothing about our surroundings. We don't know everyone's intentions though I think it is safe to say we won't be intentionally harmed by the normal people and the knights. We should still be careful since nothing is absolute, especially in a fantasy world. Finally, we probably would be teleported someplace else either without any say or given an "invitation" once this is over according to the quest page. That's all from me. Anything you want to add." Noah concluded.

"The thing I noticed is that this whole thing seems to be to prepare us for something. After looking at the beasts pulling the carriages in town. I wouldn't put it past me that there would be bigger baddies out there. Hell, being a fantasy world, there would probably be all sorts of monsters. We already know Titans kind of exists. Maybe Dragons would be too. We have seriously no way to tell how dangerous the situation is. We can only do guesswork." Ava said in frustration.

"Those knights should be able to help in that regard. We should make rounds tomorrow around the town to gather information and general knowledge about the world." Shaun commented.

A growling sound suddenly interrupted the conversation which was quickly followed by two more similar growling sounds.

Staring at each other with embarrassed looks, Shaun was the first to break the silence.

"We haven't eaten in quite a while. We should probably check downstairs to see if they provide food. We need to save the food we brought whenever we can in case we need it later on." Shaun laughed while getting up from his seat.

The other two nodded and the trio headed downstairs. Their room was located on the second floor. Along the way, they could see very few people out of their room moving about. Most were probably still shocked over the entire series of events. Not everybody could pull themselves together that fast especially if they were teleported alone. They were kids nearing 14-15 years old in their group. Unless one was delusional enough to believe they were now going to become adventurers and enjoy their ideal fantasy life with a harem, most would be crushed by the weight of the situation.

It's the same with the trio. They avoided talking about friends, family and acquaintances. They could just hope they would be safe whenever they were transported.

Arriving on the ground floor, they took in their surroundings. Before, they were not able to properly look at the inside of the Inn. The Inn was quite lively, much more than afternoon as most people were probably coming back from work to relax or to spend the night. There was a diner on the other side of the hall with noises coming from there.

They could see Miss Florelle handling the reception. Approaching her, they could see her giving instructions to the maids and waiters while handling the new customers. She was wearing a simple one-piece dress with some floral designs on the side. She looked quite elegant in the dress.

She noticed the trio approaching her and swiftly turned towards them greeting them with a professional smile.

"How may I be able to help you three?"

Ava took the lead representing the trio.

"Can you tell us where we can get some food?"

Miss Florelle seemed taken aback by the statement and looked at the trio confusedly.

Gazing at the trio again, a look of realization dawned on her as she took in their appearances, specifically their clothes.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry I was quite busy I didn't recognize you as visitors. I was just about to call out all of you to have dinner." Miss Florelle said with an apologetic look.

"It's no problem."

"Just take any empty table, okay. A waiter will verify if you are a guest so just show them your door key. You got yours with you, right?" Miss Florelle explained.

"Yes, We got our key with us." Ava said looking back at Shaun who took out the key they got after picking their room.

Ava looked back at the boys and they nodded. Together, they just turned to head towards the diner when they were suddenly stopped by Miss Florelle.

"And right, I almost forgot. After dinner, instead of heading back to your room directly, stop by the reception. There is something extra for visitors. Be sure to take it with you." Miss Florelle added the last part hastily before turning to deal with her next customer.

The trio looked at each other with strange looks.

"What do you think is something extra?" Noah commented as they walked along the hall.

"Maybe some necessities like clothes and other essential items." Shaun added putting the key back in his front pocket.

"Can we discuss this while eating? I'm quite hungry from all the talking and worrying about the future." Ava was annoyed with the constant discussion.

"Okay" "Sure" The boys agreed instantly as they were feeling quite starved themselves.

Entering the hall, the first thing that stood out to the three was the lively atmosphere. There was a homely feeling present in the diner that was absent in modern city restaurants. It was more akin to a pub in that sense as people were enjoying themselves without caring about outer appearances. There were dozens of wooden tables accompanied by chairs on their side many of which were occupied by people. Drinks were brought to tables as people described their day to each other.

Searching for a suitable empty table, they found one at the back. They rushed to the table in case someone occupies it before they do.

A waiter came by in a few minutes and they showed their door keys when asked. Taking out some sort of amulet, the waiter then pressed the key to it which lit up in azure. Handing back the key, the waiter told them to wait for their order.

"The society feels oddly advanced despite the obvious medieval look." Noah commented after the waiter was far away from the table.

"What do you think. This world has some form of magic. Obviously, things will be different and magical." Ava admonished him hearing his comment.

"You know what, I don't care. I have seen enough things today that something like a magical scanner shouldn't be too crazy." Noah said laying back on his chair.

The waiter came by within a few minutes with their dinner. Looking at the ceramic plates and bowls accompanied by a spoon, he could see there was bread, vegetable soup, a piece of roasted meat and two roasted potatoes sprinkled with herbs and spices. They salivated looking at the assortment of appetizing dishes in front of them.

The trio charged at their dinner without wait. They were quite surprised at the taste. It was a lot better than they expected but they dismissed it the same as many other incredible things they experienced today. They relished every bite of the delicious dishes. All of them finished their plates clean and looked to be quite satisfied from their expressions.

"I don't know if it was because I was hungry but that was good, like really good." Noah exclaimed to the other two.

"It was really delicious." Ava joined in patting her stomach.

"Some of the herbs they used were new to me. The dishes were also quite unique in their taste. Overall, it was a nice experience." Shaun commented like a professional taster.

Noah and Ava shook their heads remembering their friend's obsession with food.

Finishing up, the trio headed back to the reception desk. Reaching there, they saw Miss Florelle was standing there at the desk as before.

Seeing them coming, She turned back and picked up some packets from different shelves placed there. Miss Florelle then handed those packets to them.

"Here, these include some clothes and some soap, some money and -" She said while pointing to different packets.

"Can we ask why we are provided all this for free?" Ava asked carrying an armful of packets.

"If I were you. I wouldn't worry about it. The Mayor is paying for your lodging and food expenses and all the extra items here. I don't know the exact reason but If I were to guess it would be some kind of quest. Just like I have for providing for your lodgings."

She then ducked under the desk to search for some item. Standing back up, she carefully handed a crystal bottle filled with green liquid to each of them.

"Be careful with that, that is a bit expensive." She continued seeing the trio's curious eyes.

"These are Rejuvenation Potions."

10