301: I am done here (1)
4.1k 11 133
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.com/Master4thWall

Chapter 301: I am done here (1)

Neji’s mission in this world, along with his persona of Neji Hyuga, was done by now.

At the end of it all, he earned 1710 Levels in the last two months along with the countless Skills, Divinities, and Gnome Abilities that came along with those levels. He levelled up to Level 2000 from Level 290.

The one thing he was regretful about was not getting a Special Tier Potion from Naruto's death. Naruto lost his status as the Main Character the first time he died at Lady Nagant's hands. Though Naruto's luck seemed to shine even after that, due to Hagoromo's intervention, the world didn't recognize him as its Champion any longer.

The world hadn't chosen a new main character either, as far as Neji was aware. To his knowledge, the World's Will chose its main character in advance even before the current one ‘expired’. If Neji had to bet, he would say Konohamaru Sarutobi was the substitute Main Character for this world. But since Konoha was destroyed by Pain and Konohamaru died there, the world didn't have any champion currently.

'It'd possibly choose someone soon…' 

Neji noted just as characters from Boruto started to appear in his mind. He had never got to finish the show, so he didn’t know all the characters, but he could make some guesses.

'Kawaki? Is Kawaki born yet? No, it's too early, he shouldn’t even be born yet.'

'...Ah, perhaps that cyborg girl then? Ada, her name was. It's possible that she was experimented on already at this point in the timeline. If not, she'd never become that relevant since Isshiki is dead already.'

Soon, Neji shook his head. 

Whatever the case, the current biggest problem was dealt with. Madara was gone, the 4th Great Ninja War had ended, and Neji managed to reunite with his lost girl.

Future problems were for the future. No matter if the said problems were MCs or the villainous Ōtsutsukis who would appear later on.

For now, he had to leave. To find Kimi, first of all.

* * *

“Wait, I need to find Black Zetsu first.” 

Rumi said when Neji proposed to her to leave.

“Ah, right…” Neji trailed off. “Speaking of that, is it a part of you or a part of Kaguya?”

“I thought it was a part of Kaguya at first,” Rumi said. “But when I met it face to face a while ago, I knew right away that it’s a part of me and myself. Y’know, I did replace Kaguya’s existence, and since the Black Zetsu is an extension of Kaguya's will itself, I naturally replaced it too with my own will.”

“Aha, I see how it is.”

“Where is that thing right now? Let me find it.”

“I already did,” Neji said. “When I was searching for Isshiki with my clones, I found it somewhere in the Land of Lightning.”

“Mhm. Take me there.”

Neji grabbed her hand and then opened a rift in space, before jumping into it with Rumi.

—-

When Neji and Rumi came out of the rift, they were already facing the creature made of black goo.

Black Zetsu was startled when it saw its mother walk out with Neji by her side, and it kept looking at Neji with caution.

“Mother?” 

Black Zetsu asked carefully while still eyeing Neji.

“Are you alright?”

“That I indeed am,”

Rumi replied as she then leaned down and hugged the creature.

“Ah?”

As the hateful moon shone brightly in the sky, Rumi hugged the creature tighter. Her eyes turned wet as her arms shook around the creature’s shoulders

“I just want to thank you.” Rumi said. “For trying to free me for so long, and succeeding in doing so.”

“T-that’s… but that was my duty, you don’t have to thank me for it.”

To Neji, the creature’s squeaky voice came out as a bit annoying, but he could tell that Rumi liked this thing a lot. She was grateful to it, and Neji realised in a way, he should be too. If he didn’t end up in this world in time and the plot of Naruto went as it did in the original, Team Seven wouldn’t have been able to defeat Rumi— therefore she would have become free.

Neji couldn’t feel jealous at the sight of his girl hugging this creature so lovingly. Black Zetsu was a genderless creature, and if it had a gender it would have been a female since it was the extension of a female.

Neji went to sit under a tree nearby, while Rumi conversed with what she called her nephew/niece.

—-

A white later, Rumi walked back to Neji with the creature taking cover behind her.

“Don’t be scared, Neji and I are on amicable terms,” Rumi said as she patted the creature on its back. “You can call him uncle, since he’s my man.”

“Um…”

“Hi,” Neji waved at the awkward thing. “Nice to properly meet you.”

“But mo– auntie,” Black Zetsu turned back to Rumi. “I would still like to call you mother… I have been doing so for the last millennium.”

“Uhm…” 

Rumi cleared her throat and eyed Neji, asking him for help, as she wasn’t used to these things.

“By the way, you don’t need a better humanoid form?” Neji, rather, dove into another subject. “I think you should choose a proper humanoid form with a gender. Instead of being so ambiguous. I am referring to you as ‘it’ in my head.”

“Ahh.” Black Zestu looked back up at Rumi.

Rumi sighed.

A while later, Rumi put her hand on top of Black Zetsu and then channelled her will and chakra into it– saying, “I am choosing a form for you, don’t blame me if you don’t like it.”

As she finished saying such a thing, the ground trembled as Rumi’s chakra and mana moulded Black Zetsu’s body in and out of itself—as its body parts started to grow more refined.

Its skinny arms became refined and slender, and its body became a bit shorter and rounder, while its posture became straighter. Black Zetsu’s face started to gain expressions as features paralleling Rumi– two byakugan and a Rinne-Sharingan– formed on its upper face, while a pair of horns formed on its head. Its nose was thin and its lips the same, a deep tint of red. At last, hair sprung out of its scalp and flowed to its back, reaching just up to its waist.

As a final touch, Rumi tapped a finger on its forehead as the palest white colour spread across its skin to infect and change it into pale chalk-white.

“Did you just–”

“It's based on Kaguya's appearance, stop calling me out.” Rumi interrupted before Neji could get her cancelled.

Now, Black Zetsu stood short as it blinked at both Neji and Rumi with its three eyes– paralleling Kaguya Otsutsuki, but younger.

“Why a loli?” Neji called out again. “It’s older than me and nearly as old as you. It’s not a loli, it’s a scheming creature.”

“Refer to her as her, and call her Kaguya from now on,” Rumi said before shooting a warning glare at Neji. “Don’t you dare lewd her, though. I will beat you up again if you do!”

Neji shrugged as he looked down on the petite little Kaguya with breasts too round and big for her size.

“Oh well…”

Neji apologised to Rumi in his head.

“Not even a God knows what may happen in the countless possibilities that are the future.”

Little Kaguya crossed her arms over her chest and jumped back in fright, while Rumi smacked Neji on the side– making him break out in a laugh that infected Rumi too.

“You piece of shit.”

For a long moment, both Neji and Rumi laughed while wrestling with each other. Laughter that they had missed for so long. Laughter that confused the Black Zetsu, aka Little Kaguya, but made her understand that her ‘mother’ was very close to this Neji person who she’s been scheming against.

Slowly, the night was coming to an end.

**

**

**

Master4thWall Note: Fun short chapter because I have been travelling around today as it's my birthday 🎉! [25th October, old patreon news]

133