331: Quetzalcoatl (2)
2.8k 2 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 331: Quetzalcoatl (2)

The city of Uruk was one of the finest in Mesopotamia. The structures and layout of the city baffled even modern scientists. In essence, everything here was the peak of human creation.

– Bang!

At this very moment, however, all these fine constructions were being brought to the ground by the Avenger Class Divine Spirit, Quetzalcoatl.

Her fists were strong, enough that the south gate had fallen after a single punch from her. That alone took the lives of a dozen soldiers. She ran inside the city, kicking and punching anyone she came across—while her accidental touching of any building caused it to collapse.

That was a Tier-15 being, with her strength as her second primary stat. With her unruly, very unladylike appearance, this Goddess seemed like a crazy woman who had too much power.

“Quetzalcoatl!”

Neji flew down from his palace up in the sky, frowning as he came flying.

“Stop this slaughter, now.”

Seeing the flying blondie, Quetzalcoatl seemed a little surprised. But her thin lips soon curled up, forming a sweet smile that radiated happiness.

“Oh my, I was nearing my limit for today~” she said, recalling her self-limit to only kill 100 people a day. “I thought I wouldn’t get to kill you today, that I’ll have to come back tomorrow, but—oh my—I am pleasantly surprised!”

Instantly, her thin smile turned wide, her sweet lips revealing the sharp teeth beneath, and she leaped into the air before Neji could even land.

Neji was Level 2021, with 89% of his powers sealed. In contrast, Quetzalcoatl was at the same tier as Juubi Madara. It’s no surprise to Neji that he failed to react, even whilst his eyes managed to see her movement, while she wrapped her legs around his head in a vice lock, and spun in the air twice before throwing Neji off the air.

– Bang!

The ground cracked, creating a crater, and dust flared upwards to blind everyone in the vicinity.

“Your Highness-!”

The civilians yelled in unison, and so did the Chaldean girls and Siduri who were running at the scene.

“This outsider bitch…!” It was only Ishtar who did more than just yell; she stopped in the air, in her Boat of Heaven, and fired bullets of laser light at the Aztec Goddess who too had dropped to the ground.

“Ara~” Quetzalcoatl moved like a dancing butterfly and dodged all the shots with no problem whatsoever. “Are you angry seeing him hurt?”

“S-shut up, die!”

“Ishtar, stop.” Neji coughed from afar and stood back up, a wave of wind coming out of his body to clear the dust. “And Chief Goddess of Aztec, we are not enemies. I hope we can talk this through.”

Ishtar stopped shooting bolts of light, with her eyes twitching in restrained anger, while Quetzalcoatl kept grinning.

“Usually, I would have charged right in and taken your head off—but sure, I will listen for a minute since you’re so... interesting.” Quetzalcoatl’s golden eyes locked on Neji’s body. “What’s up with you? The smell of a magnificent dragon…”

Quetzalcoatl wasn’t just a simple Dragon God; she was the God of Dragons. If in the relative universe anybody could match Neji’s authority as a Dragon—the power that Hiashi Midoriya used to control other dragons with just a glance; something that had only grown stronger with Neji—it would be this fellow. Moreover, when Neji was now weakened. So Quetzalcoatl quickly noticed his race.

“I can say the same thing about you,” Neji said with his eyes focusing on her strange appearance. “Were you supposed to have two bangs of black hair? Seems like news to me.” [1]

“Oh my, just because you’re not a simple dragon, you’re disrespecting the prideful iconic sign of a Quetzalcoatl?” Quetzalcoatl’s expression suddenly went cold, and at the same time, her eyes shone bright golden while the sky behind her went dull in exchange. “Repent, Kneel Before Your King.

“...” Neji looked behind him, awkwardly looking to find someone else, and then looked back at her. “You’re talking to me?”

“…” Quetzalcoatl’s eyes lost their shine while her cold expression vanished and her previous flirtatious smile returned. “As I thought~ You’re weakened right now, yet my order doesn’t even work. How bothersome…”

“Ah,” Neji rubbed his chin. “Anyhow, ignore what I just said. I was saying earlier that we aren’t enemies. I know why you are doing this, this whole Three Goddess Alliance ordeal, and I think I might have a better offer for you.”

Quetzalcoatl smirked. “Oh my, I don’t think you do~ I am not in the mood to protect some humans, sweetie. I am here to-”

“You’re here merely ‘to have fun’, isn’t that correct?” Neji said, and the sudden interruption made her frown. “You’re an Avenger class, yet I see no thirst for vengeance or any of that edgy stuff. Let’s see… as a Goddess of Venus, with the authority of the sun, you consider dropping "the sun to burn it all" would be boring. At least, in this unknown world where none of your enemies are present.”

“You have quite the knowledge about this little me,” Quetzalcoatl giggled sweetly. “Yet you don’t know about my hair?”

“I told you to ignore what I said,” Neji reminded.

“Why must I?” Quetzalcoatl took a step forward, still smiling. “All Quetzalcoatl, once they grow strong enough, earn this color in parts of their hair. That’s a side of pride, a sign of strength, and you just disrespected it. ‘Were you supposed to have two stripes of black hair?’ you said as if I am not worthy of this?”

“Hey calm down, I don’t even know what that meant until now,” Neji grumbled.

“No.” As she approached Neji, a fiery aura started to boil up around the female dragon. “I am going to kill you~”

Neji sighed, “I don’t think that’d be a good idea.”

“Oh, are you threatening me now?” Quetzalcoatl smiled. “How adorable.”

“Right,” Neji sighed; a thin white aura started to swirl around him. “I was wishing I wouldn’t have to use this, but then you got mad for no apparent reason. Crazy bitch.”

The b-word seemed to be the last nail as Quetzalcoatl kicked the ground and rushed at Neji. This time, Neji could tell it wasn’t going to be a simple smackdown. Her hand was straightened and her nails were sharp, as she ran to swipe it across his neck and take his head down.

“Goodbye~”

[Dragon Domain]

At the last moment, Neji activated his divinity.

Shyuungg!

A circular domain of inverted color spread from Neji’s body, spreading around in what seemed like slow motion, and it devoured everything in sight. Amidst everything, only Neji and Quetzalcoatl remained, with the latter pausing in the spot instead of continuing with her attack.

Rooar!

Grughh!

Wy...am...I...ere?!

Around the two, the terrain was luminous white, and images of countless white dragons flashed across everything. Beneath the feet, over the head, and by the side of their body. It was as if they were standing inside a hologram projector.

Except…

All those roaring, screaming, and complaining dragons were real.

===

Name: Dragon Domain

Rank: Divinity

Details: The user can summon a circular domain around him, and inside the domain the space will be twisted in a manner that countless white dragons from countless worlds will be connected to it, connected via the 4th dimension, the Limbo. Under the user’s control alone, the dragons will be ready to attack anyone inside the domain.

Restriction: The opponent has to be another dragon, or at least a snake-type or lizard-type creature.

===

“Oh my,” Quetzalcoatl looked as if she was in bliss. “So many… dragons~”

She moaned as she tried to hug the weirdly proportioned images, and failed to touch them as they existed in the fourth dimension.

Clearly, this was a sure-to-win attack against most dragons, since they wouldn’t even be able to touch the other dragons, let alone damage them. Unless, well, they were Ryukyu who could kill people in another timeline. That’s why Neji hadn’t gone back to Jerusalem, since he was pretty sure Ryukyu will be able to destroy these dragons, if not the domain itself, with barely any effort.

However, against Quetzalcoatl, this power was unbeatable. Didn’t she tell him to kneel earlier? If she wasn’t a God of Dragons, it would be her kneeling right now. But she was just fascinated by all these white dragons from all these different worlds. These dragons had different worlds in their background, such as modern worlds, sci-fi worlds, medieval worlds, Murim worlds, and so on.

There were even humanoid dragons, with one purple-haired and purple-eyed female with thin red horns, that Neji failed to notice, looking at Neji with love-filled eyes, even as she was forced to obey him at this moment.

Inside this domain, Neji was a God of Dragons beyond anything Quetzalcoatl could ever dream of.

“Hey, you~” with her eyes shining in drunken fascination, Quetzalcoatl walked to Neji with her heart beating fast. It was that look on her face that had stopped Neji from attacking her from the start. “Come, let us get married—we two Dragon Gods should be together~ we'll make love, we’ll have children, and we’ll live happily ever after…”

Quetzalcoatl continued in a franctical voice. Neji realized there was more to this world than physical attacks. Even without wanting to, he had made all desire of battle from Quetzalcoatl vanish. In this domain, the target’s psychology too was at harm.

Sadly, Neji didn’t have the luxury of keeping this technique up for long. He was weakened right now, so to use this technique at this extent was very Divinity depletive. The technique was going to cancel it out in seconds, and by then Neji wasn’t sure if the mental effect would stay on the female dragon.

So, she had to go right now.

“Sorry,” Neji put a hand under her chin. “We will talk about that later, alright? For now… Kneel.”

With an authority-driven command, all the dragons inside the domain pulled Quetzalcoatl to her knees, and before long they all attacked her in a gang. Punches, stomps, dragon breaths, and so more all came hitting her from another dimension entirely.

In a matter of seconds, as Neji canceled his Domain, the Chief Goddess of Aztec, the crazy Quetzalcoatl lay on the ground with her eyes white and her body roasted red.

The battle had ended, with Neji collapsing too on the side.

**

**

**

[1] Basically, the two bangs hanging by her side aren't blonde, but black. It’s an easter egg that I doubt most here will get, but it will also be explained later as a plot point.

Spoiler

[collapse]

If you wish to read [the next 20] chapters right away, visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.cøm/Master4thWall

103