Prologue
424 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mhh... Ugh. Why do I have a strong headache in the morning?
Wait what is that on top of my head? Eh? That’s my ear!? Wow it’s so fluffy... wait what?! what is going on?
Why am I sleeping with a mom I don’t know? wait she is my mom?
Hmmm... My memory is on chaos. All right, lets calm down first. Yesterday I was tired but I don’t remember that I slept on a bed. I was so excited about the VR RPG game I just bought. And so on, when I was trying the character customization. I was checking the female character customization for personal reasons. Sure. I mean, why not if no one is going to find out?
 
I didn’t mess with the stats settings, because I only wanted to check the female character customization and then switch to the male character customization. I made the character look like on her late teens. And I choose the cat beastmen race, because that will make her cuter. It’s just put cat ears and tail. If it will add fur in the other parts of the body, then I would not choose it. I made her hair uhh... long I guess? I made its color dark brown, because it looked cooler on cat beastmen. I made the size of her chest look normal. And the personality settings I left it like this.
 
Personality:
 
1- proud
2- ruthless
3- battle maniacs
 
Actually I didn’t really care about it. It was this way as a default. In the end, when I was thinking about what to name her, I fell to sleep on my chair from tiredness.
 
So did I accidentally start the game while sleeping? But why am I so small like a 5-year-old version of my character? Is this tutorial mode? Ok lets get out…… why do I feel like I’m not wearing the VR? I’m touching my head in the game. But it feels like real life.
 
EHHHHHH? Did I transported to another world? It feels like a story from a novel.
 
“…what wrong Ariana? Are you having a bad dream?
 
Huh? Who Ariana, me?
 
“…… yes I was having a bad dream”
 
More like I’m in a nightmare right now. What happened to my body in my original world? If the soul is in another world, then my body must be dead.
 
Ugh… there is no point on trying to go back to my original world now.
 
Wait, actually if I look at the bright side I will get to be able to have boobs when I grow up.
 
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
 
It has been one month since I came to this world. I have some memories other than my previous life memories. The people of this village don’t speak English, but I somehow know how to speak the language they speaking, and my memories tell me that some people are my friends. I don’t know how, I just meet them and then BOOM flashback memory. Maybe kids brains are good at remembering?
 
This whole month, I was so bored, so I kept asking everyone a stupid question I came up with. it can’t be helped. I’m just a 5-year-old I can't just suddenly talk in a detailed way. And it’s funny asking people a stupid question like every 5 minutes and like this "Mom… my belly hurts. am I pregnant?” and "If something goes without saying, why do people still say it?” and "Is it illegal to kill an ant?” and 500 other stupid questions.
 
My mom is working to take care of the house and the field. My mom sometimes asks me to help her with her work. I told her “Mom just tell me what to do and I will do what I can to help” it not like I have other thing to do after all. 
 
Anyway, will it be possible to grow and look like the same as the body I customized from my previous life?

 
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
 
I’m so bored… How do I ask to learn magic? I can’t just suddenly ask “Mom, how to use magic?” because I’m just a 5 years old and asking that will be suspicious.
 
But this village has no interest in magic. Why is that? Is magic so rare? Is magic hard to use? Is it useless? If someone mentions magic then it will not be so suspicious if I ask after who I heard from. But no one is talking about it. 
 
I think there is another way to ask for magic. Wait actually I don’t have to ask about it if I read it from a book. OK, now all I need is to learn how to read. I will visit my aunt because she likes reading books. 
 
“Mom, can I go to play with my friends?”
 
“Sure, dear.”
 
“Yay, thanks Mom. I love you!”
 
YES, step one succes. now to go to Aunt house and make her teach me.
 
~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~
 
“Hello Ariana, what have you come here for?”
 
“…Oh, uuh, I came here to play with Lilly.”
 
I’m still not used to my new name…
 
“Lilly is playing outside with the other kids.”
 
“Oh ok… Aunt, why do you keep looking at books?”
 
"…to read them.”
 
Woah, please don’t get annoyed. I’m just a 5-year-old.
 
“Reading? what that? teach me!”
 
“You want to be able to read books?”
 
“Yes, I want to be as smart as Aunt.”
 
"*sigh*… ok”
 
“Yay, thanks Aunt. I love you!”
 
Yahooooo! I did it, I will be able to read books.
 
While Aunt was teaching me the alphabet, Lilly came home from playing outside.
 
"Ariana? What are you doing?
 
This kid is Lilly. She is one year older than me. but it’s annoying me when she treats me as a person younger than her.
 
“Eh? ah, I was- I wanted to play with you, but you were outside. So I asked my aunt to teach me why she looks at books.”
 
“OK, now that Lilly has returned. go play with her.”
 
Wait, I will not let you run away.
 
“Oh ok, I will keep asking you everyday to teach me until I be able to read like you.”
 
“Oh… ok, have fun.”
 
My aunt left with a troubled look.
 
Lilly turned her face to me and asked.
 
“Ariana? Why do you want to be able to read?”
 
Oh right, how should I explain it to Lilly?
 
“hmm… I will answer your question but first tell me what you think when you see people read their book.”
 
“because it’s their hobby to read it?
 
“mhmm… so if you think people read books as a hobby, then it must be fun to read them. otherwise, why will it be a hobby?”
 
“Oooh”
 
Lilly is starting to understand. I think it will not be a problem if I told her more.
 
“one more thing. don’t you hate it when adults keep hiding things from you just because they can handle it better than you? I do. also, don’t you hate it when adults boss you around and tell you what to do just because they know more than you do?”
 
“mmh… yea”
 
“I also don’t like that. I want to learn things so that I know what the adults are trying to hide and to be the one to boss people around. I also want to make a better place for us the beastmen to live in.”
 
Uhh what? My last line was really unnecessary… When did I have such a proud character?
 
"…anyway, will you join me on learning, Lilly? So that we both can have the same goal.”
 
“Yes, I WILL!”
 
Eh, that was an unexpected quick answer.

10