Chapter 1
309 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“hey aunt, did I write all the alphabet letters correctly?

 

After I finished writing the alphabet letters, I handed her the paper showing her its content.

 

"…. hmm, let’s see.”

 

Of course, I didn’t actually write all the letters. I’m only doing this on purpose. There’s 4 more letters I didn’t write in the paper. Because I will only act as a smart kid for a few years. I was a person with average grades in my past life. I’m sure the other kids will surpass me later in the future. And I don’t want the people to think that I’m a genius person, because then people will depend on me more and that will be troublesome. I hate responsibilities after all.

 

“Wow… you almost wrote all the letters. But there’s 5 more letter you didn’t include.”

 

“There is one more!??”

 

“What?”

 

“n-no, nothing.”

 

“Still, to think that you learned how to write most of the letters in less than 5 days at your age. Are you actually a genius?”

 

“eh?”

 

Did I have overdone it? Well, I think my mind in remembering is good in this life, so I didn’t realize that I was overdoing it. Maybe because kids memory is better than adults. OK, I will be more cautious this time and I will learn things slower this time. Actually, a bit faster than slow because I’m still bored.

 

“Aunt, my head is so dizzy I can’t think anymore. I want to play outside with Lily.”

 

Suddenly, Lily who I almost forgot that she was with us while she was staring at us while laying her head on the table and making weird noises by her mouth stopped. After she heard my answer she paused, then she suddenly laughed with a “ehehehe”. Then she got up from her chair with a sparkling eyes and a big happy grin.

 

””…….””

 

“What wrong?”

 

NO, what is wrong with you? Why are you so f**king cute? moreover, having a cat's ears on top of your head is so overkill. I almost died from cuteness overload. I don’t mind getting arrested after this.

 

Dammit, I have to calm down. She is only 6 years old. Still having a cat's ears is cheating.

 

“sigh… stop doing stupid poses already. you are embarrassing me as your mother.”

 

What? Aunt, was this what you shocked about? Do you have an ability that gives you 100% resistance against cute things on your stats or something?

 

“…sorry.”

 

Then, Aunt turned her face to me with a soft smile.

 

“Ariana, please take care of Lilly.”

 

“wha-?”

 

“okay… I will keep a closer look at Lilly for you. ”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“No problem.”

 

“Hey! I’m the one who is older than Ariana! What are you guys talking about?”

 

“Come on, let’s go play outside Lilly.”

 

Lilly puffed her cheeks on annoyance.

 

"… let’s go.”

 

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

 

Hello, I’m Lilly and I live in a village called Sliver Rose.

 

I live with my mother and father.

 

My father stay at home a few days then he goes for hunting for the rest of the week. And my mother take care of our home.

 

I have a cute cousin called Ariana. But how she acts is the thing that ruining her image. Furthermore, I’m sure she will be the cutest girl in our village if she just takes care of her hair. She also is the daughter of the village head. But she rarely goes outside of her house. So I don’t know many things about her. More like she is being under house arrest from her family for being a bad girl.

 

one day when we were playing hide and seek.

 

“fuhahaha, too slow, is that all what you got? I’m not hiding or even running away from you. I’m just standing here and dodging you. While you are rushing and tripping to the ground right into your face! fuhahaha a baby has more balance than you. You are so pathetic.”

 

In the end I never caught her. I ended up going home while tears dripping from my face.

 

Another day, we were playing hide and seek again, but this time I’m the one who is hiding.

 

I waited and waited but she wasn’t around. In the end, the sky was getting dark, so I decided to return home. While in my way home, I met Ariana playing with 2 boys in a game they called hero vs demon king. They were playing with tree branches. She was the demon lord against the heros.

 

yep, she playing against both of them at the same time!!

 

Is she an idiot? Is what I thought. But the thing that surprised me the most is that the boys are the one that looks like they have a hard time.

 

Ariana the 5 year old girl who has 2 tree branches, one on both of her hands Is pushing back The two kids who look one or two years older than her. She is constantly blocking and attacking at incredible speed while the boys are struggling on their defence and offence.

 

This girl limits has surpassed common sense. She hasn’t shown any proof that she is tired while the other children look almost out of breath. And what absolutely broke common sense is how this 5 year old girl can act so arrogant.

 

“Hmph, pathetic, to think the only hope of mankind wasn’t even able to put a scratch on me. What foolish miserable creatu—.”

 

“Ariana, what the heck are you doing?”

 

Suddenly Ariana arrogant attitude disappeared, replaced in it place a flustered look.

 

“F-father…? I was, you know, playing with the other children.”

 

He is her father? I know her father is the head of this village, but I had never met him and I also have no idea how he looks like. I just heard that he is a really busy person.

 

“What kind of game is that?”

 

her father asked her with an angry expression.

 

“I was… playing a game where I’m a-acting as the demon lord and the guys were acting as the hero.”

 

“playing a fighting game again? Have you forgotten your promise that you will play with the girls only?”

 

“b-bu-but p-playing with the other girls is boring. I want to fight and trample on the weak.”

 

Oh, so she still acts arrogant even in front of her father.

 

While Ariana is still talking arrogantly. Her father was making a fist while his arm was trembling in anger. He raised his arm above her head. Eh, is he seriously going to punch her?

 

he swung his fist toward the top of her head.

 

“Why should I play with the weakli-ngs…!? oh my, you thought you will knock me out with your surprise attack again, hmm? Well, that TOO BAD. Your slow pathetic pun-HOugh?”

 

EHHH!? HE KICKED HER ON THE CHIN??

 

he lifted the unconscious Ariana from the ground and put her on his shoulder.

 

“You kids go to your home before it gets dark.”

 

""o-okay""

 

 

 

the next day.

 

I was worried about Ariana, so I decided to visit her house.

 

“Hello Ariana Mom. Where is Ariana?”

 

“Call me Aunt. Ariana is in the bedroom.”

 

“Your name is Aunt?”

 

“No, my name is not Aunt, but I’m your aunt so you have to call me like that.”

 

“Ok, Aunt… hmm. I will go meet Ariana.”

 

“Ok, take care of yourself. And tell me if Ariana is bullying you.”

 

“Ok.”

 

I guess Ariana should be fine now.

 

*knock knock*

 

“……….who?”

 

“I’m Lilly.”

 

“Lilly? wait… no. I mean you can enter now.”

 

Hmm? eh, huh? She didn’t say any haughty word at the start of the conversation?

 

I opened the door. A flash of bright light entered my eyes, but in the middle of the bright light there was a figure. While my eyes are slowly adjusting to the bright room, I notice that the figure was a cute young cat girl. She was brushing her hair while it was resting on her shoulder. She has a dark yet shiny hair. While she was staring at my eyes with a gentle look, She gave me a soft smile. 

 

“eh, EHHHHH?”

 

“uhh what wrong?”

 

“NO, what is wrong with you?

 

“eh?”

 

“Why are you so cute suddenly?”

 

“eh!? seriously? Sorry I will close the door. Just wait a little.”

 

She closed the door right in front of my face. I heard her whispering something like “is it because of the personalities settings” behind the door. personalities settings? Is that some kind of new game? 

 

she took about two minutes to open the door again.

 

“ehhhh? why did you mess up your beautiful hair?”

 

10