Chapter 2
263 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"…uhhh, oh hello Lilly! What are you doing?”

She said that to me like nothing did happened a few moments ago. I don’t understand what just happened early, why did the selfish Ariana decided to take care of her hair, then mess it up and act like nothing happened.

“Don’t change the topic.”

She tilted her head, implying that she is confused.

“What topic are you talking about? We just met right now. Listen, Lilly, before you start a conversation, say hello.”

“But we didn’t meet just now.”

“ehhhh? are you actually a bad girl, Lilly?”

“M-me? bad girl?”

“Yes, you are a bad girl. Even though I reminded you to say hello, you refused to say it. Only bad people do that.”

No way… I’m a bad girl? No one ever told me that! This is the first time someone told me that! No, no, no NO! there’s no way I’m A BAD GIRL!

“You are bad, meanie, selfish, and you make people be sad.”

Noooo!! this is not true! Papa always told me that I’m a good girl, nice, kind, and make people happy!!

"……..”

But I refused to say hello to my friend… so I’m a bad girl?

“W-what wrong?”

"…..*sniff*”

“Eh?!”

“*sniff*… I-I’m… n-not *hic*… a b-bad girl.”

“W-w-wait, I-I was joking. C-calm down-” 

“I’M NOT A BAD GIRL!!! *sob* I’m not *hic*… meanie, selfish, and I do not *hic* make people sad.”

“I’m sorry, p-please stop cryin-”

“*sniff* I’m a good girl *sob* I’m not a b-ba-WAAaaaAAaaHAaaa-”

Suddenly, Aunt came from behind the door with an annoyed expression.

“Ariana……. what did you do this time?”

“M-mom?! this is a misunderstanding! I did nothing!”

“Then why is Lilly crying?”

“ugh… I just told her ‘you are a bad girl’ as a joke then she started to cry.”

Then my aunt slapped her own forehead with her right hand.

“Ariana, so you know how to joke now? Do you think your joke was funny? I do not allow you to joke about your cousin again!”

“Sorry, I will not do it again.”

“Apologize to her, not to me.”

"… right, sorry Lilly it was a joke”

"… *sniff* a joke?”

"… yes, it was just a joke. So you are not a bad girl.”

"… what is a joke?”

“Oh, a joke is… something someone says to cause laughter, and when you are talking about something while you are not being serious. Joking is not only about lying. like uhh… this joke ‘if you lose your left hand your right hand will be left.’ a joke trick the way someone is thinking, causing him to laugh at something unexpected, I guess. So now do you know what a joke is? Or should I say what it meant for?”

“So because it was a joke, I’m not a bad girl…?”

“Yea, you are not a bad girl… Therefore, Mom you don’t need to worry anymore, everything is all right now, you can go back to what you been working at.”

Aunt gave her a suspicious stare then she let out a big sigh.

“I don’t know from where you learn these things, but don’t cause troubles or you will not be allowed to leave home for a whole week.”

“ahh, ok, I will be careful.” 

After my aunt had gone with her footsteps sound fading, Ariana turned to look at my face.

“You still confused about why you are not a bad girl, right? Now let me tell you the reason why you are not.”

I didn’t understand why I was not a bad girl because it was a joke, so I nodded my head.

“Ok, first, let me tell you a fact. Everyone makes mistakes, even your mom and dad make mistakes.”

“Even my Papa and Mama make mistakes!?

“Yea, you don’t see them make mistakes because they have been doing their work for a long time. They got experience from doing the same work so many times. So if you want to confirm if they still make mistakes, tell them to do something new. When they do something new, you can find them make some mistakes because they have no experience in doing something new. Like, try to tell your dad to cook and see if he will make any mistakes.”

I see, so Papa and Mama don’t make a mistake because they have been doing the same work every time. wow Ariana is so smart.

“So, it doesn’t mean you are a bad girl just because you make a mistake. Only if you never learn from your mistake and do it again, then you are a bad girl.”

“So making mistakes is a normal thing in our life? And that is why I’m not a bad girl?”

“Yeah, taking responsibility and facing up to our mistakes is a great way to learn, and to avoid doing the same thing again. Also, you didn’t mean to refuse to say hello to me, right? You were probably just focused on a topic I do not understand what about.”

Oh right, we were talking about a different topic, but what was it about? Hmmm-

“Ahem, it probably about something not important. Anyway, you didn’t mean to do something bad, so that also a proof why you are a good girl.”

“Really..?!”

“Yeah, you are a good girl, nice, kind, cute, and make people happy.”

I can’t help but blush after hearing her speech. I didn’t know how to respond so I lowered my gaze… now that I think about it, Ariana has change. She started to act nice, she is also smarter now. Maybe she also started to learn from her mistakes and trying her best to change? I like this Ariana more than before, she is more friendlier and cuter than before.

“Ariana, let me fix your hair.”

“Uh… ok.”

 

few days later.

Ariana started to ask many random questions to almost everyone. She asked “How old are you?”, “How do birds fly?”, “wait… why is there no bugs around?”. of course there are no bugs around, this is a no monster spawn area. I think Ariana is trying her best to learn. I’m not gonna lose, I will also start to ask questions to many people around.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

“-huff.. huff.. Ariana huff.. you are.. too fast.. you still.. not tired.. yet? Haaa.. why do we have to run?

“Because it’s fun.”

“But we have been running around the village like almost 3 times.”

I felt a weird feeling of wanting to challenge someone, so I have been running around the whole village with Lilly. but no matter how long I run I don’t feel tired even if I run as fast as I could. Also, I don’t sweat or even get thirsty and hungry, even though I should have burned so much energy. It seems that I only get hungry and thirsty over time. I’m sure it’s because of the body I’m using in this world. For this reason, I think it's connected to the game system somehow. I still feel the pain and the need to do the call of natural like in my previous life. I have been eating breakfast and lunch and dinner normally, but today I will fill out my stomach at dinner and then I will see how long I can last without eating tomorrow. I just hope my mother will not stop me on testing my hunger endurance.

“Lilly, it’s getting dark. Let’s play tomorrow.”

“Huff.. huff.. huff.. o..kay.”

“Uhh… sorry. you don’t need to move anymore. I will give you piggyback until we reach to your home.”

“It.. huff.. should be.. the other.. way around…”

“But you are the one who is about to fall. Come on, get on my back.”

“HmMmm… *sigh* ok.”

8