19. Research Facility (2)
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Why doesn't anybody answer my polls? D:
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ah... maybe that's why... I make no sense. Votes: 1 100.0%
Total voters: 1
Scratch out the thing about the side chapters. It seems I won't finish it in time. I started them too late to align them with the current arc. I could re-arrange the chapters but I would rather not. Fear not, nothing will change just the timing of their release.

Roy was in a really bad predicament. He did not possess enough knowledge about space power holders to create a plan for a counter attack.

Out of options, he could only pray for a miracle to occur, perhaps if he had paid more attention in class he would know more. (See kids, stay in school no matter how cool a power you just got, it’s the moral of this story (; )

But even so, giving up was equal to admitting defeat. He would hold on for as long as possible even if this was just a game to his opponent. Worst case scenario he would have to use his own life as a bargaining chip; how that would work is still a work in progress.

Mary realized that Roy’s spirit seemed to flare up rather than wilt and weaken. This made her show a wicked smile.

“HAHAHA! Perfect! That makes it that much more fun!”[Mary]

Roy decided to narrow down the spots from which he could be assaulted by running to the nearby corner with his back against the wall.

“Let’s see you teleport into the wall!”[Roy]

Roy yelled as he let loose fierce gales of wind, he covered every inch of the room once more. He needed to verify a theory, perhaps she teleported somewhere where the strikes couldn’t hit her last time. He can’t tell where she could hide, he can’t see anything. His best bet is to destroy everything, any tables, chairs, desks, it all had to go away.

“Same trick?”[Mary]

‘This is really taxing!!!’

Mary was swiftly teleporting around the room, going back and forth. It was realistically an impossible task to hit her. Even if there were no obstacles whatsoever, she could simply teleport to where the strike had just passed through. Regardless, Roy chose this method.

He had another theory, maybe the room is quite literally her space. If he broke a wall, maybe a pattern somewhere, he might be able to break the space.

Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case. After letting loose so many sharp gales of wind in the decently large pitch black room. He was exhausted, he couldn’t muster anymore strength. Anymore pushing and he would likely receive permanent damage to his soul.

‘I won’t give in! Franco! You have some amount of control over my soul due to our contract, keep it stable! I won’t stop just yet!’

“You…” he was panting, trying to catch his breath,”won’t win!!!”[Roy]

An immense pressure was suddenly let loose in the room. The wind was blowing furiously and continuously, there was no way to avoid the razor sharp wind circulating in the room. No matter how much you teleported, nowhere was safe. There were no gaps in this attack.

“AAAAAH!!!”[Roy] He let out ear piercing screams one after another.

Mary was forced to retreat to the deepest corner of the room to delay the inevitable. She, for the first time, showed an anxious expression.

‘You stupid kid! I am a doctor of the body not the soul! AAAH! What am I supposed to do?’

‘AAAAAH!’

He was even screaming in his mind.

‘Damn it brat! I actually need you, if you die we both die!’

Dr. Franco tried to concentrate his limited spiritual power as a soul to fix the constant cracks appearing in his space. It was a poor attempt to fix the issue, like taping together a clay vase.

‘Ah! My imaginary lab is breaking apart you mad man!’

Mary could not retreat any further, no matter where she looked in the incoming wall of air, there were no gaps. No way out. Her space was indeed limited to this room. But it would be best explained as to this perimeter. You can break any walls and the space will remain intact. All of Roy’s attack’s hadn’t been able to pierce the thick walls of the laboratory anyways, she would have been fine if they did. However, she now wished for a way out, if only they did break! That was what she was thinking at the moment.

She was fiercely assaulted by excruciating pain as she felt her body being ripped apart by the sharp wind. It likely felt like being thrown in a blender.

It all happened so fast, she couldn’t even scream. The moment she was caught it was over. A quick ending for a lunatic.

‘Roy! Stop it now!’

It was the voice of none other than Wind Turbine. He was likely the one with the most pain as his power was the one being exploited. Regardless, his voice carried power and serenity, not an ounce of pain.

Roy stopped out of shock.

‘What?’

He fainted shortly after thinking that. His will to fight was quickly taken away by the shock; Wind Turbine talked to him. He didn’t expect that. He didn’t recall forming a contract with him. Had he been awake he would surely cry.

‘Ah! I knew he had formed a contract before!’

‘Now is not the time. We must quickly fix the cracks in his soul space.’

Roy’ soul space could be considered a very large hotel. Naturally it had rooms. In those rooms resided the souls of those he picked up. Forming a contract was like giving the souls jobs at this hotel. It allowed them access to employee only areas. The wages would be whatever conditions were agreed upon by both parties. 

There were many cracks appearing in the hallways and rooms that were occupied. Wind Turbine’s room was particularly bad. It seemed like it could shatter at any moment. He used the spiritual power he had been gathering in Roy’s body to stabilize the situation. Like applying a stronger tape. It would certainly allow Roy to live as long as he doesn’t use his Wind powers too much.

‘That’s the best you could do?’

Dr. Franco observed Wind Turbine’s handiwork. It seemed like someone could accidentally break such a fragile structure or dislocate one of the broken parts.

‘I don’t think you did any better.’

Dr. Franco’s lab had significantly less cracks, it would probably hold up even without any ‘tape’ now that Roy has stopped his reckless behavior.

Neo was simply waiting outside of the room the whole time. When he exited is unknown, what a creepy kid. However, once the noise stopped and the room brightened, he decided to enter and check things out.

Neo seems rather absent minded, the reason behind it is unclear. However, he is still capable of thinking for himself.

He saw Roy collapsed on the ground and what used to be Mary. He showed no reaction to the gory scene before his eyes. Just as he was ready to approach Roy, A shadow appeared near him, out came Roxanne.

She surveyed the area quickly spotting Neo staring mindlessly to a corner of the room. There she saw the shredded remains of Mary and nearly puked.

“Give him to me, I must live up to father’s expectations”[Neo]

Roxanne’s mind was brought back to Neo. Her face had paled after witnessing such a scene, she didn’t know how it happened but she must get Roy out here quickly.

“No way, he may be a bit stupid at times but I am not handing over my brother!”[Roxanne]

“Give him to me”[Neo]

Roxanne blankly stared at Neo after he simply repeated his previous sentence with his usual blank expression.

“I won’t give him to you…”[Roxanne]

Roxanne had grown wary and felt something was definitely wrong with the boy in front of her. Upon seeing that he wasn’t doing anything, she reached out to grab Roy.

Neo’s face contorted with anger as he charged forward yelling.

“GIVE HIM TO ME!”[Neo]

She quickly set up a shadow barrier in the surrounding making everything go black. It was similar to what she once used against Dr. Franco. 

Roxanne chose to tactfully retreat rather than deal with Neo’s frenzied state. She was still worried in regards to his safety, will he be alright if this battle lasts? Those were here thoughts.

Neo had to stop his forward charge when faced with complete darkness. He let out an enraged yell after coming to this realization.

Roxanne had already managed to make her way outside of the lab while carrying Roy. She could hear Neo’s crazed screams as she tried to make her way out.

‘Roy you can’t stop giving me trouble!’

Roxanne was quite angry, she hopes that they can return to their peaceful lives. Deep down she knew the chances were slim.

0