Chapter 6 – Preparations
1.9k 1 61
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I must say, I was very intelligent, for a villainess. 

My education up until now had been composed of my governess, who taught me etiquette and everything a noble lady ought to know, a comprehensive tutor that covered all academic subjects, and a dancing master. Needless to say, they all rained praises upon me. 

I possessed natural grace as the daughter of the grand duke, and my manners were exceptional. My tutor said that I was simply a genius and my dancing master said she had never seen anyone as talented as me. 

They were nobles sucking up to me, I knew. But that didn’t mean these things weren’t true. 

My new tutors were all proper scholars from academies, with Fifth Class credentials. It was the highest qualification in our kingdom, with First Class similar to elementary school, Second Class to middle school, Third Class to high school, Fourth Class to university, and Fifth Class to a PhD. These people would make powerful allies in the future. 

“You mean you have not finished all twelve volumes of The Affairs of Abbeyton Manor, even though it is a timeless classic and crucial to literacy? Tsk!”

“I’m sorry, my lady, but your lack of religious knowledge is simply blasphemous.”

“No, no, no! Don’t touch that vial, it might explode! Ugh, just stand back!”

I resisted the urge to behead them with a blank smile. I was rather proud of my self restraint. But how dare these animals come to my house and speak to me in such a manner? How dare they act as if they were superior just because they knew things I didn’t! If you asked me, I’d say they were all conceited. 

Of course, my abilities didn’t go completely unnoticed. 

“Yes, move your finger a bit back on the trigger. Now you’ve got it.”

“You comprehend history and geography fairly well. Good.” 

“Your sense of finance is acceptable.”

To my regret, I was merely considered average. However, things like shooting and languages took practice, and I knew I would be better in no time. 

In some subjects, I was rightfully recognized as a genius.

“Your understanding of mathematics and the sciences is marvelous, my lady!”

“Why, you have quite the understanding of our political situation, considering your age. I suppose it has to do with your position, but it’s excellent, nonetheless.”

“My lady, you’re amazing at piano for your age! Ah, I heard the grand duchess is teaching you herself, it makes me nervous. You will definitely excel at the arts as well.”

In all, my subjects were: literacy, religion, poison study, pistol, history and geography, finance, mathematics and science, politics, and the arts. 

It was a lot to handle so suddenly, but I knew it was necessary. I could feel proud knowing that I would be a suitable queen. Besides, some of my knowledge from my past life helped me a lot, like math and science. The tutor even said that I may be ready for the Second or Third Class exam, despite being nine. This was only to be expected, obviously. 

Unfortunately, the one thing I was truly good at and also the subject that I was planning to major in could not be used, since it was computer programming and our world didn’t have computers. From what I heard, magic theory seemed a bit similar, but as I had no mana, it was not included in my subjects. Perhaps I could ask Mother to add it later once I’d gotten used to the current workload. 

Actually, Mother came to see me after my first and very stressful day full of courses. She sat and embraced me gently. 

“Is this all right, my dear? I can remove some of them, if you want.”

“No, Mother. I can handle it.”

I had to, for the sake of our family. 

She reminded me of something, and the next day I called for Sir Harrod. 

“I heard you were departing soon.”

“Yes, my lady.”

“Good luck. And take this to Sir Williams for me as a token of thanks for his services.”

I tossed him a small bag of gold coins. Then, after a moment of thought, gave him another one.

“This is for you and your knights. Treat yourselves before you set off and I’ll give you more when the job is done.”

“Thank you, my lady.”

His eyes practically bulged from his head at the sight of the coins, I noticed with amusement. I needed him and his squadron to be completely loyal to me, and as for Sir Williams, I pitied his end in the novel. 

I dismissed the knight with a wave. The affair with the saint should be settled, so now it was time to start working on the male leads.

61