Intervallo’s Movimento No. 1
135 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Intervallo/Intermission Chapter

Part 1 

There's no way...

I put my phone down as I hugged my pillow rolling over and over on my bed. 

There's absolutely no way! I've fallen in love with Chad! It doesn't make logical sense, all we've been doing is talking online and calling each other. Human psychology doesn't work that way, right? 

Since I'm a virgin with no dating experience, no amount of research will help me with aspects such as this...

I, Lucy, working as a measly Orchestral Musician playing the Clarinet. 

He's probably the cheating player type! But- But- Aaaaaah!

My mind was in turmoil as I opened my phone to see the the chad history and both Chad and I. 

"[Thanks for what you did yesterday, Lucy, Good girl]." 

"Aaaaaaaah!" 

How does he know I like being called that?! 

Lucy blushed hard as she read the text message over and over again, gritting her teeth in both a smirky and frustrated feeling. 

It was clear her heart was captured by Chad. 

It all happened because I went to the amusement park with him! If only I didn't...

When Lucy had went to the amusement park with Chad, along with Charlotte and Arthur Chad brought her everywhere showing her everything and riding everything with her. He acted as the perfect man to date, treating Lucy with flirty respect and leading on dominantly with no hesitation. 

He had a gentlemanly side and made Lucy feel safe with her nerdy hobbies. 

He brought her into a mall and allowed Lucy to spill her heart out about the games she played, what anime series she watched and smiled cheerfully, sounding really interested. 

After the date, they chatted a lot with Chad initiating most of the time and went on another "hang-out" with just the two of them to the arcade. 

He looked scary and intimidating, but he was quite sweet and nice. 

"No! I don't want to fall in love with him!" 

But even so, Lucy seemed to deny her feelings. 

There's simply no way...

Lucy's tastes in men were Dark, Tall, Handsome and Fictional. Chad fulfilled three of those requirements and seemed to direct his attention mainly onto Lucy. 

"I-I'm gonna read some medical research articles..."

I decided to go on my laptop and read some medical articles... But Chad's deep reliable voice never left my mind. 

"Aaah! Get out of my mind... Ugh, fine! I'll call him..."

The intrusive thoughts won. 

I wanted to hang out with Chad again.

My fingers hovered over the "call" button on Chad's profile...

"Aah he's so hot." 

Lucy fell back onto her bed as she saw Chad's profile picture, it was a picture of himself wearing a tank top. 

Despite being in denial, she opened a bigger version of that photo.

"Ah! I need to call him..." 

I tapped on the call button. 

"[Hmm? Ah, Lucy.]"

Chad spoke carefreely, but I couldn't' help but hear in the background a car vrooming heavily in the background.

"[H-Hey, can-we, uh, can we hang out, again?]"

Lucy made sure not to say "date", even though it was practically what she was asking for. 

"[Yes, I see... You're such a shy girl, sure, we can go on another date.]"

I pressed the mute button on the call and threw my face into the pillow, and squealed. 

"Kyaaaaaaaaaa!" 

You're such a shy girl. Yes, we can go on another date. 

Repeating those words in her head, Lucy kicked her bed repeatedly like a butterfly as she was face-first planted into her bed. 

Even though Lucy made an effort not to say "date", Chad went on and said it anyway almost as if he knew Lucy wanted to hear it. 

"[-But I'm a little bit busy right now, just text me what you're gonna say, okay?]"

"[Okay!]"

I happily threw the phone away as Chad ended the call. 

I wonder what he's busy with, hehehehe~ I'm gonna spend hours researching some date plans. Hehehehe~

Without knowing it, Lucy had thrown away her denial and completely embraced her crush feelings. She now looked like a maiden in love. 

12