02 – Slightly less OP is still OP…!!
1.5k 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"..."

 

After making his over the top (in his opinion) wishes, the would be protagonist gave the goddess a gaze filled with hopes and expectations. His eyes seemed to have gained a bright glow even.

 

The recipient of this gaze however seemed to be grow quieter by the second as a look of contemplation took over. This seemed to dampened his enthusiasm by a level as he thought once again of his wishes.

 

Fang Lin: (Ah... I was too unreasonable after all? Anyone of those wishes were cheats just by themselves let alone all three...)

 

After thinking so, all traces of excitement left Fang Lin's face and replaced with disappointment instead. Just as he was about to open his mouth and take back his wishes, Fang Lin was interrupted by the voice of goddess with a noticeable hesitation laced in her voice.

 

Goddess: "It's... not impossible to grant you those wishes."

 

Hearing her, Fang Lin 's declining mood shot back up once more. Right before the max though, he was mercilessly shot back down once more.

 

Goddess: "Your soul however won't be able to able to withstand the stress as it is too pitifully weak at the moment."

 

As if already knowing what Fang Lin wanted to ask, the goddess continued her explanation without missing a beat.

 

Goddess: "Imagine your soul as a glass bottle of sort. Anyone of those... 'cheat' you wished for would fill the bottle to brim just by themselves. If I try to forcefully squeeze in the remaining two... The glass bottle would definitely shatter to pieces. In other words, your soul would implode and dissipate into nothingness."

 

After hearing her explanation, Fang Lin started developing cold sweats on his back... 

 

Fang Lin: (Holy shit! It's that serious?!)

 

Looking at the poor soul's crestfallen face, the goddess made some suggestions to Fang Lin. After a few back and forth between the goddess' suggestion and what Fang Lin wanted the most, both sides, mostly Fang Lin of course, finally came to a satisfying conclusion. Honestly, Fang Lin was very surprised and grateful at how accommodating the goddess was to him despite not needing to listen to his selfish requests in the first place. He doesn't say anything out loud and kept those thoughts to himself of course. Whether or not the goddess knew of his feelings at the moment was to was a different story though...

 

In any case, the goddess' suggestion was to 'weaken' his would be cheats somewhat in order to allow Fang Lin to receive all three wishes without the risk of soul implosion.

For the [Boosted Gear], it would be changed to a customized [Twice Critical] instead. The 'customized' part would be that it's ability to [Boost] would grow along side Fang Lin's strength, giving it the potential to become just as powerful as the [Boosted Gear] or maybe even stronger depending on the direction of his future growth. This of course means he won't be able to use the [Juggernaut Drive] as that required the soul of the dragon, Ddraig, within the sacred gear.

A little bonus that the goddess gave was that Fang Lin could choose what the [Twice Critical] looks like so Fang Lin chose to make it take the shape of gloves for both hands instead of the oversized and gaudy one handed gauntlet that it originally was. ((AN: example))

 

As for the remaining 2 wishes, the goddess suggested that he choose the [Library of Heaven's Path] as his main 'cheat' although it would also be weakened as well just like before. The good thing though is that only the Library's ability to condense the 'Golden Books/Pages' would be taken away. The rest of the function stays the same along with Fang Lin's wishes for all of the world's cultivation related manuals already in the Library.

 

Finally, Fang Lin's wishes for the 2nd True Magic, Kaleidoscope... He actually wanted to change it to something else at first, but the goddess had actually suggested for him to wish for all of the [Fate] universe's mage-craft manuals and everything related to the [Kaleidoscope] be added to the [Library of Heaven's Path] instead. The reason...? It's so Fang Lin could manually learn it from scratch on his own.

When asked why, she responded that when one made the final 'breakthrough' in learning one of the 'True Magic', one would be momentarily connected to the so called [Root] and have his/her soul be strengthened while accepting the full knowledge of the magic. The downside to this is of course difficulty in actually learning the damn thing. If it were so easy, then there would a whole more Zelretches running around everywhere... Even if he had all the required knowledge, it doesn't mean he could actually 'understand' said knowledge after all.

 

Just as Fang Lin was about to reject this idea, the goddess claimed that she would give him an extra bonus for weakening his wishes so much. This bonus gift would be a body that have a 'good' comprehension ability on all things he wishes to learn as well as giving Fang Lin a set of extremely high grade [Magic Circuits] as he doesn't actually have any.

After hearing the last bit of offer from the goddess, Fang Lin couldn't help but giving himself a face palm. Had the goddess not mention anything and all his original wishes were possible, he would have gotten the [Kaleidoscope] and all the knowledge that came with it. The only problem with that, he wouldn't be able to use them at all with the lack of [Magic Circuits] which are required thus result in a waste of a wish.

 

Fang Lin: (Now that I think about it... won't I have the 'Library' to help me out in learning? Not to mention the extra 'gift' that I'll get...)

After reconsidering the goddess' last suggestion, Fang Lin had decided to accept the suggestion and gave the goddess looks of appreciation and gratefulness for going out of her way for him. Noticing the looks that Fang Lin was giving her, the goddess just returned a strange 'knowing' smile for some reason.

 

Though a little confused as to why, Fang Lin just shrugged it off in the end. After waving her hands in the air for a little bit, 3 light spheres appeared in the air and immediately rushed towards Fang Lin's direction. Of course, he doesn't have the ability to react even if he wanted to as those light spheres impacted against his chest and disappeared into his body. Not too soon after, his 'body' started to turn more and more transparent.

 

Fang Lin suddenly realized what those three light spheres were and his 'body' vanishing must mean that he's about to 'reincarnate'. Giving the goddess a finally look filled with gratitude, to which she returned with one of her own even if Fang Lin couldn't make out the features, before his vision started to turn dark. His last thoughts were of excitement and the goddess' final suggestion to not take the final steps in learning the Kaleidoscope before the so called 'Start of the plot'...

14