04 – Changes
991 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After procuring the required funds, it actually took Shuhang another 2 whole weeks to actually find good enough studio to rent out to set up. Although it isn't the perfectly isolated and quiet residential area as he initially wanted, it wasn't too populated either. If given the choice, Shuhang would of course pick a bigger and quieter place unlike this one bathroom and a single room where the living room, kitchen, and bedroom are rolled all into one. Truly the most standard of a studio apartment...

The bright side of it is that it's only about a 20 minutes walk away from his University Dorm if Shuhang were to travel at a very casual, leisurely pace. Not too far away yet not so close that any of... original Shuhang's... friends and relatives would know that he actually frequent the area. Or worse yet... find out that he has a residence in the area. If he were so unlucky that such a case happened, he could just say that he was in the area related to his part time job. "Out of sight, out of mind" is the motto that Shuhang is trying to go for.

With his limited funds, Shuhang could afford to rent it however he would barely have any fund leftover for important/irreplaceable Magecraft related materials like the precious metals, gems, rare plants and so on. With no other choice, Shuhang made liberal use of a few basic Hypnotism magecraft which he chose to learn first and foremost. It is after all a really important skill set to have in order to hide his involvement with the "supernatural" side of the world as well as an easy... get out of trouble skill in case his secrets were leaked somehow. To be fair though, Shuhang didn't go toooooo far with the price *discount*. Really...! It's only cough75%cough. Not too much...

.

.

.

Weekends at around 9 PM.

 

Shuhang could currently be found sitting in a meditative position on a bed in his rented out studio apartment. Before coming here however, Shuhang had made sure to hypnotize his 3 roommates that his disappearance for the whole weekend is not unnatural. It is nothing too strange for Shuhang to not be around this time due to his part time, but Shuhang did it anyways just so no one asks any questions. The less one talks, the less likely for the lies to be found out after all.

In any case, Shuhang is currently doing one last check over all the notes the Library had on the usage of the Structural Grasp magecraft. The compiled, perfect version of course. The reason for doing so is because he doesn't want any mistake during the procedure he was about to do even if he already learned and perfected the art. This procedure is to of course use Structural Grasp on himself in order to check his Origin as well as his Element

From what he knew of how the Fate world operates, knowing ones Origin as well as Element were both important and not at the same time. For one, knowing of both would make it much easier for one to progress if their interests lies in the same direction as what you innately have. The down side to this is that knowing would actually somewhat limit your options and make it feel as if your future path is already picked out for you.

As for not knowing on the other hand... you would not actually be limited  in the path that you want to progress in your magecraft. The downside to this is of course having a much slower growth as compared to knowing. It is kind of like grasping around in the dark without a guiding light.

Aside from the Origin being fixed and unchangeable save for a really rare and extreme case like Emiya Shirou, one's Element could be trained and changed. The best example would be one Tohsaka Rin who trained to the point that her innate Element changed to all of the known 5 great ones. Such a feat is actually pretty amazing that it earned her the title of "The Ordinary One" which is actually a great honor despite its rather... lackluster name. As for those 5 Elements themselves; they are FireWaterWind, Earth, and Ether which is known as an imaginary factor. To the magus', this Ether is actually the driving force which combines itself with the other 4 great Elements in order to actualize the Mysteries... or better known as magic.

.

.

.

One final check of the bounded field which causes regular mortals to unconsciously stay away from the studio's surround area, he was finally ready to do his 'magic'. With his preparations ready, both mental and physical, pale blue lights, in the shape of electrical circuits, shone all over Shuhang's body as he activated Structural Grasp upon his body. Steadily, information on his physical body streamed into his mind. What he saw made Shuhang cringe a little at all of his body's 'flaws' as the Library of Heaven's Path activated as well. He'll definitely need to fix those up soon, but forcefully shelve that thought aside for now as that's not what this session is about.

With a deep breath, Shuhang delved even *deeper* beyond, passed his external physical body and straight into his core. Not too much time passed when Shuhang finally saw what he wanted and what he saw both shocked and confused him. As he was now living as Song Shuhang, he had expected his innate Elements to be Fire and Wind, which is an offshoot to Thunder. What he found however was actually only the one lone Ether and nothing else.

As for his Origin, Shuhang had expected it to be something related to dreams. Say what you will, but Shuhang's most overpowered ability will always be his *Entering Dreams*. With that, the original Shuhang was able to bypass both time and space and lived a life through others' perspective regardless of the barrier of cultivation levels. It could even forcefully connect his own karma/destiny to others where there shouldn't possibly be anyway for it to happen for the loli goddess' sake. This innate ability of the original Song Shuhang was broken no matter how anyone look at it.

This is the reason why Shuhang (current) was so shocked to find that his Origin is not at all related dreams in anyways. It was actually in the shape of a dusty old book of all thing...! No, rather than a book, it's actually a grimoire...? Not that it made this any better as grimoires are books still.

.

.

.

*Phew*

Letting out a breath, Shuhang slowly opened his eyes and started mumbling to himself.

 

Shuhang: Now... that finding was pretty surprising. Neither the Origin nor the Element matches. I could definitely say that we really are 2 completely different people with this, the original Shuhang and I. How would this change affect the overall *story* of this world I wonder? Was this why that goddess recommended that I don't completely *master* the Kaleidoscope before a connection is made with the Nine Provinces (1) Chat Group? From what I had learned from the past 2 months, mastering the 2nd True Magic would actually remove one from the flow of the world's fate after all. Hmm...

 

After a bit of self reflection, Shuhang decided to not think about it any longer and decided to put this studio apartment to its intended purpose. Said purpose is of course to peacefully learn and practice magecraft without any restraint. The next agenda on his list were learning the Reinforcement and Gradation Air magecraft, the next 2 of the basic 3 of any self respecting Magus.

12