05 – Knew I Forgot Something…!
909 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the blink of an eye, figuratively of course, another 2 months had passed ever since Shuhang had woken up to this new life of his. During this period, Shuhang made great strides towards his studies in his magecrafts. By the end of the 4th month, Shuhang was able to train his Element to the same state as Tohsaka Rin and became an "Ordinary One". This was achieved purely through manipulation exercises for each of the Elements however so Shuhang won't be breathing fire or shooting lightning out of his butt anytime soon...

On a side note; as a side effect of his focusing on magecrafts training, the relationship with his 3 roommates devolved from *bros* to just ordinary friends. Neither too close nor were they too distant. It took Shuhang walking into the dorm to find his roommates about to leave and hang out. Only after seeing Shuhang did they invite him to go with them. It was then that Shuhang had realized what their relationship had become.

Even after knowing, Shuhang didn't mind it all that much though as their paths were different from each other. One side were just ordinary *mortals* while one is a magus Wizard in training and soon to be a cultivator as well. Unlike the original Song Shuhang that really wanted to bring his friends and families to the supernatural side of the world, the current Shuhang, formerly known as Fang Lin, had no such thoughts whatsoever.

When Shuhang realized once again the difference between he and the original, he only hummed to himself in acknowledgement and amusement.

.

.

.

After that minor realization, another 2 months had passed, making this already the 6th month that Shuhang came to this world. In those times, Shuhang further mastered the use of mastered the use of the 3 basic magecrafts Structural GraspReinforcement, and Gradation Air

The first spell was actually pretty easy for Shuhang to master as he had the help of the Library's ability to find flaws. Whatever information he failed to find or understand due to inexperience were easily fixed thanks to the Library. With time and continued usage, his Structural Grasp were now almost as good as actually using the Library of Heaven's Path flaw finding ability. Only almost of course as there's no way a mere magecraft, no matter how perfect, could actually match the OP-ness that is the Library.

As for the other 2 basic spells... they posed almost no challenge for Shuhang to master as well. The way Shuhang looked at it... those 2 spells were actually just Structural Grasp with an extra step added at the end.

One interesting thing that Shuhang found interesting was the fact that he could actually do the same thing as Emiya Shirou's Trace and Projection magecraft. No, he could actually do it even better than Shirou himself! Unlike Shirou, Shuhang could actually see through everything with his perfect version of Structural Grasp, now renamed to Analyze, The missing pieces of knowledge that Shirou is unable to see, which is the main reason why all of Emiya Shirou's Projections are all flawed, poses no problem whatsoever for Shuhang!

The biggest difference yet is that Shuhang's version of Projection, simply renamed to Recreate, only required 2 steps for the target that Shuhang already read! As for anything he had never read before, Shuhang only need to use Analyze, which increases the step by a mere increment of 1! where as Emiya Shirou needed a whole 7 for a flawed Projection.

.....

But of course there is a catch to this new discovery.

Having Swords for both Origin and Element, Emiya Shirou required much more effort and Od to Project anything and everything else in exchange for being able to Project anything that counts as a *sword* with much less requirement.

Shuhang on the other hand can Project Recreate anything he wishes. The effort and Od requirement for Shuhang however is just  a little bit lower than when Emiya Shirou Project something that isn't a sword.

If translated into numerical values, it would look something like this for both Shuhang and Shirou's magecraft.

Shirou (Projection)     --> 0.5x the effort/Od needed for *Swords* and 2x+ for anything else.

Shuhang (Recreate)    --> 1.5x the effort/Od needed.1Shirou's numbers are just something I made up

 

As for the reason why Shuhang needed to put in a bit more effort than normally required... Well, he could only roughly guess that Heaven itself doesn't like it when there are two *perfect* replica of anything that isn't of its own design. The extra bit of effort and Od that Shuhang needed is to ensure that his creation stays and doesn't instantly get erased, much like how Gaia is always trying to erase any form of *magic* from existence in the Fate universe.

It's still only a guess of course as Shuhang only have referenced knowledge to the Fate universe and actual experience from the current world that he lives in.

.

.

.

Before Shuhang knew it, the 10th month had already arrived! Adding to his ever growing repertoire, Shuhang had mastered the creation, modifying, and dismantling of Bounded Field. As his version of it is literally *perfect* however, Shuhang chose to rename it, like his other magecrafts, to Domain Creation. It is a step up from the Caster type servants' skill, Territory Creation. Shuhang for reasons unknown to himself with a taaad bit overboard however with this new magecraft of his.

Why overboard? Well... let's just that thanks to that mini episode, about a 1/5 of the city is now included in his... Domain rather than just his personal workshop as was originally intended.

Other than this, Shuhang had also crafted a few experimental Mystic Codes. One said creation is in the form of a defensive clothing which is a black cloak. When creating that particular Mystic Code, Shuhang's inner otaku from his past suddenly emerged. This resulted in making the final product to take the form of Organization XIII's... uniform.2From the Kingdom Hearts series in case you didn't know.

Just thinking about that damned cloak always make Shuhang's face turn red in shame for actually making the thing. If it wasn't such a good Mystic Code and that he doesn't have any more materials to make another, Shuhang would have since burned away that dark piece of history of his.

As it turned out, money earned from normal part time jobs were no where near enough to procure the funds needed for high end magecraft. It's no wonder Tohsaka Rin is always lamenting about her financial situations... To rectify this, Shuhang made the choice to go on a rampage with his Hypnotisms and robbed the various gangs and shady people blind for their valuables. Now, there is actually a dent in his studio apartment wall in the shape of Shuhang's own face. It mysteriously appeared one night when Shuhang realized he could've just done this from the start instead of wasting more than half a year's time on goddamned part time jobs.

.

.

.

Shuhang: *Hnnnng!!* Phew. Finally! Stupid thing took way too long.

 

After writing down the final answer to their class' end of chapter test, Shuhang stretched his body and complained to no one in particular. Looking around the room, Shuhang idly noted that his 3 roommates were still furiously scratching away their pencils though quickly lost interest. As such, Shuhang handed his paper in and promptly left to go back to his studio apartment. Along the way, Shuhang spotted some people playing around with their phones as a thought suddenly hit him.

 

Shuhang: Huh... I can't believe it's been 10 months already. Just 2 more until that chat group invite from Yellow... Moun,....tain....

 

His low mumbling strangely slow to a crawl at the end, Shuhang came to a stop from his walking. Suddenly... *PAK!* the loud of him face palming could be heard as the surrounding turned to look at Shuhang before ultimately turning away again.

 

(AAaaahhh shiieeeeet!! I totally forgot about the cultivation side of things!!! I've been too focused on the Magus side daaaamniiiiit!!!!!)

10