06 – Whoever Came Up With This Magic S***s!!
903 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After realizing his mistake, Shuhang was at a loss as to what he should do next. As it were, Shuhang had already completed all the basics that an apprentice Magus are expected to learn and master. All he need to do now is to finally focus on learning the 2nd True Magic, Kaleidoscope. The problem with the lack of funds had mostly been taken care of thanks to Shuhang having went on a brainwashing frenzy of Jiangnan City gangs and underground forces. For the time being anyways.

The problem now is that Shuhang had completely forgotten about the cultivation aspect. With only that little bit of time left, there is just no way he could do anything worth while. Even training in foundation building isn't enough as Shuhang doesn't have the proper cultivation resources. Things such as Body Tempering Liquid or Blood and Qi Pills are resources that Shuhang had no access to at the moment. At least, not with his current, ordinary mortals only, connections.

As for concocting the stuff himself? Forget about it! Setting aside from the fact that there are irreplaceable ingredients needed, which by the way are impossible to get unless one had a cultivator's backgrounds, it's practically impossible for the current Shuhang to do any pill concocting with only book knowledge! Just look at the original possessor of the Library of Heaven's Path, Zhang Xuan, for example. That dude can't concoct pills for shit even with his *perfect* knowledge and real-time flaw finding + fixing ability of the Library.

Just to make sure, let's once again stress the *irreplaceable ingredients* part...

To make matters worse, he now have less than 2 months of times left until the anticipated *mis-invite* from True Monarch Yellow Mountain.

 

Shuhang: Ffffuuuuuuuu....! 2 months isn't enough time damn it!!!

 

So irritated at his own forgetfulness, Shuhang inadvertently yelled out his frustrations out loud, forgetting that he was walking in an open street at a decently busy time. Of course everyone gave Shuhang strange looks after that outburst and noticeably gave him a wider berth as if expecting his craziness to be contagious. So deep into his contemplation however, Shuhang failed to notice the pitying gazes of the surrounding people once he resumed walking towards his workshop.

.

.

.

Now back in his studio apartment as well as his personal workshop, Shuhang is now a lot calmer towards his current situation. Then after a bit more thinking, Shuhang chose to no longer worry about it and continued on with his previous plan. Said plan is try to learn as much as possible of the Kaleidoscope. He also kept in mind to not cross the finishing line before he made connections with people from the Nine Provinces (1) Chat Group. As for why he would even want to in the first place? The goal is of course Senior White! Becoming friends with that Treasure Magnet is a goddamned must above all else (at the moment).

 

Shuhang: Phew... Somehow, I feel a lot better after no longer stressing about and worry over problems I can't yet even do anything about. Other than that, there is also the problem of who to approach after getting invited later. Soft Feather is the obvious choice for obvious reason. Aside from getting ingredients for concocting the Body Tempering Liquid, there is the Ghost Spirit as well as that rare spiritual plant. The 2nd choice would be Su Clan's Sixteen when she's undergoing the Lightning Tribulation in H-City... Ugh screw it! I'll just approach both of them and see how it goes from there!

 

Having finally decided his future course of action, Shuhang relaxed his body and closed his eyes. When he opened his eyes once again, what entered his vision is no longer the cluttered room that is his personal workshop, but rather rows upon rows of bookshelf. With but a thought, Shuhang then summoned forth what he had come here for which are all kinds of book related to the 2nd True Magic, Kaleidoscope.

In the blink of an eye, thousands of books hovered all around Shuhang with each barely the size of a regular notebook. Only one, he noticed, was the size of a goddamned encyclopedia. Anyone with half a brain would realize right away that the encyclopedia was more than likely hand recorded by the Universal Troll, Kischur Zelretch Sweinorg, himself! As for the others, more smaller books, well... who really cares about those to be honest.

[Compile!]

With a single mental command from Shuhang, a golden glow was released from all the present books with Zelretch's being the brightest. After some times had passed, a new, nameless materialized itself from the golden glow and landed in Shuhang's outstretched hand. 

Excited to finally learn one of the most famed magic in fiction history and a many of otakus' wet-dream, Shuhang wasted no time and flipped open the book to the first page right away. At first, Shuhang read the book with very fervent eyes. As time passed however, Shuhang's excitement began to noticeably die down. Eventually, there was nothing but a full blown scowl on his face. Finally, Shuhang heaved out a big sigh and slowly close the book with looks of resignation on his face.

 

Shuhang: Ho------ly hell...! What the shit was that!? It's no wonder people go insane trying to learn this damned magic! How is it possible for that troll to even master this freaking magic in the first place!!? Had I not received that goddess' gift in better comprehension ability and had the contents *simplified* by the Library of Heaven's Path, I would've thought this thing was written by a 5 year old on Acid or something... ugh!

 

After regretting his choice of not picking the 2nd Magic as his main *cheat* for a bit, Shuhang decided to just buck up and begin destroying his brain cells and sanity learning. The sooner the better, Shuhang thought. as he doubt he will even get to 20% mastery by the time 2 months are up.

Of course, there was the option using Memory Partition magecraft to speed up his learning process even further. The risk involved in messing with one's own brain though really scared Shuhang. Without getting his hand on some sort of safety net such as a Revival Artifact or Revival Formation, Shuhang decided to stay away from that topic until then.

.

.

.

Before Shuhang knew it, the *time* had already arrived as Shuhang suddenly heard a sound notification from his laptop.

*DING!*

 

 

 

 

 

[[A\N:: ...]]

10