07 – Sage of Heaven’s Path
869 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Shuhang: ....hm.

 

[True Monarch Yellow Mountain(*****) sends you a friend request.]

[True Monarch Yellow Mountain has invited you to join the 'Nine Provinces (1)' group, do you accept?]

 

Looking at this seemingly ordinary yet, life changing messages, Shuhang honestly had no other reaction than a little hum. When he made those wishes to the goddess, Shuhang was so, so excited about the prospect of sauntering around in one of his favorite fictional world. After living in said world for a whole year however, that fire seemed to have died down a little. This is the reason Shuhang was feeling no excitement but rather, apprehension, when looking at the friend request and invitation to the chat group.

 

Shuhang: Might as well just accept and get it over with I guess... The easiest way to get my hands on cultivation resources is to have connection after all. More over, being able to accept the task of hosting Venerable White is a must as well. Hm...

 

After once more going over the pros and cons of joining this merry band of crazy, even if are good hearted people, Shuhang gritted his teeth and clicked the accept button. When he did so, all the members currently on, whether chatting or just lurking, were made aware of a new announcement.

 

['Sage of Heaven's Path' had agreed to join the 'Nine Provinces (1)' group.]

 

Once the announcement appeared, Shuhang let out the breath he didn't even realize he was holding in. And as he had expected, the appearance of a newly added member had stirred the group up and the chat became somewhat livelier than usual. There was somewhat of a small change in the flow of conversation however thanks to the chat name that Shuhang had chosen this time around. No way he'll ever be caught dead using a name like 'Stressed By a Mountain of Books'. Just... no.

Scrolling down the chat log, Shuhang was able to able to see the dynamics of the members' interactions. Three Waves' death seeking tendency is just as funny now as it was when he only read as a novel... It's a very surreal feeling for Shuhang to finally see, in the flesh, how the things he had only seen in text actually happening for real. Once the chat group members had realized that their new *Daoist Friend* wasn't talking, questions arose and bounced between all the members.

It was here however that the new changes that he expected were seen. 

 

[Northern River's Loose Cultivator @Venerable Seventh Path, is this a junior of yours, Senior?]

 

Of course Venerable Seventh Path had denied any relations between Shuhang and himself as there really aren't any connection. He even @Yellow Mountain in order clarify who this new *Daoist Friend* of theirs was. To be honest, he himself was actually pretty interested even if their only connection is the word *Path* that are in their names. Of course, True Monarch Yellow Mountain was gone just as soon as he added Shuhang.

Since Shuhang wasn't talking, or even planning to, the excitement died down soon enough as most of them went back to just lurking once more. Mean while, Shuhang halfheartedly practicing the perfect version of the Alteration magecraft to which he had renamed Overwrite. The other half of attention was paying rapt attention towards the chat screen. Just like this, a whole had passed while Shuhang was both practicing and paying attention to the chat at the same time.

As for the reason why Shuhang was doing something so bothersome, he was actually waiting for the appearance of Yellow Mountain himself. As there were indeed changes no matter how minor, Shuhang is unable to predict how Yellow Mountain would react to inviting the current Shuhang, unlike the original that was in the novel. Should the conversion go in an undesirable direction, Shuhang would choose then to finally speak to chat group members.

Suddenly, the person Shuhang had both been dreading and anticipating at the same time had come online. True Monarch Yellow Mountain finally appeared! Stopping his halfhearted magecraft practice, Shuhang finally put forth all attention towards messages being shot back and forth between the now online Yellow Mountain and other members.

 

Shuhang: As expected, the mistaken invite was due to mistyping. Hmm...!? It's here! The conversation that lead to Yellow Mountain's *Divination*...!

 

As soon as he had read what Yellow Mountain was planning to do, Shuhang had felt as if the world itself was slowing down a bit due being so focused. Just to make sure his fingers would be fast enough in his typing, should this version of Yellow Mountain somehow or other decide to kick him off the chat group, Shuhang had even activated the Reinforcement magecraft as pale blue electrical circuit-like patterns appeared on his skin. 

Honestly, Shuhang couldn't remember a time during this one year period since he transmigrated that was so nervous. Even though he second guessed himself whether or not to join the group yesterday, Shuhang was really hoping now that he gets to stay as many plans would have to be changed and revised otherwise.

 

Shuhang: Seriously though, if that damned Yellow Mountain actually dares to kick me out of the group, he best believe I'll find his ass later once I've become strong enough. When I do... Hehehe. He's going to find out the... amusing (for me!) way why you don't EVER want to make a Kaleidoscope user upset!

.

.

.

Somewhere else, a serious looking True Monarch Yellow Mountain suddenly shivered in the midst of activating his Tang Poetry Divination. Said Tang Poetry book suddenly burned itself into flying ashes before even the ashes themselves were disintegrated into nothingness. As for the True Monarch, his face had become a few shades paler as a trickle of blood could be seen in the corner of his mouth.

 

Yellow Mountain: Wh-what was that!? Such a profound level of Principle! Why will such a thing appeared when I was only diving the fate of a mere mortal?

 

In the span of barely a few seconds, hundreds upon hundreds of thoughts raced through his mind as multiple theories were discarded just as quick as they were made at extremely high speed. At the end of it, Yellow Mountain still couldn't figure anything out and could only conclude the person he mistakenly invited was a dangerous person. So much so that merely superficially divining the person's fate gave Yellow Mountain such a huge rebound in return. Had he tried to look just a bit deeper, Yellow Mountain feared that the one that scattered into flying ash wouldn't merely just be his Poetry Book...

 

Yellow Mountain: Keeping such a person in our group... definitely isn't a good idea! In that case, I.....

 

Gritting his teeth, True Monarch Yellow Mountain turned towards laptop and chat application with determined eyes. Soon, the mouse pointer was seen hovering over the name [Sage of Heaven's Path].

 

*CLICK!*

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12