08 – 1st Threshold
851 8 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After making his decision and steeling his resolve, True Monarch Yellow Mountain promptly used the chat function as well as his group's admin ability to keep tabs on this... Sage of Heaven's Path person. From this moment forth, every time that Shuhang comes online, sends a message, or ANY thing at all, True Monarch Yellow Mountain would immediately be sent a priority ping.

Even though True Monarch Yellow Mountain felt a bit of dread due to this unknown entity that is Sage of Heaven's Path, it was true that it was due to fate that the person got invited out of all the millions of people. It was he and not someone else. In the world of cultivation, there really is no such things as a true 'coincidence' after all.

Initially, he only wanted to divine the fate of the 'ordinary' mortal that he mistakenly invited. After what he just experienced however, there was no way Sage of Heaven's Path was someone 'ordinary'. Even if the person really was just someone ordinary, that would definitely change sometimes in the near future and he had the feeling that this 'coincidence' would be the catalyst of it all.

If the person Yellow Mountain had invited was actually a powerful 'senior', it wouldn't do to actually immediately kick the person out of the group without as much as word lest he be offended. It would be too disastrous should be the case. On the other hand, if, hopefully, Sage of Heaven's Path truly is just an ordinary person with an extraordinary background/destiny, True Monarch Yellow Mountain thought that it would be best if there was someone to help guide them towards the right path.

This is actually the true reason why he chose to monitor this new member first before anything. Not too long after, he had finished setting up every alert for any possible actions on Sage of Heaven's Path can do, he finally turned towards the chat application and began typing.

.

.

.

[True Monarch Yellow Mountain: For the time being, we shall leave Sage of Heaven's Path be until we find out for sure what his 'status' is.]

 

With just this singular, neutral, and impartial message, True Monarch Yellow Mountain immediately went offline before anyone could say or ask anything. In actual fact, he only had only just set his status to 'Invisible' as he lurked and kept an eye on the chat. Just in the case that this... Sage of Heaven's Path decided to talk in the chat.

As for Shuhang, he finally let go of all the tension in his body as he realized that Yellow Mountain won't be kicking him off the chat group. Unbeknownst to him, a very minuscule flash of multicolored energy faded away along with the marks of his magic circuit. Due to his heightened focus and tension, Shuhang had unknowingly passed a minor threshold in his Kaleidoscope magic, reaching the 10% mastery.

In truth, it wasn't actually anything extraordinary about Shuhang that gave True Monarch Yellow Mountain that backlash. Right! In actuality, it was because of the True Monarch's divination technique, using the Tang Poetry Book as medium that such a scene had happened! Said medium had come into contact with the Kaleidoscope magic that Shuhang was unconsciously releasing thus leading the book to be destroyed.

As for Yellow Mountain getting a backlash... well of course he would! His own spiritual energy was connected to the book after all. If comparisons were to be made... Kaleidoscope, the magic that actually *operates parallel realities*, is actually a very heaven defying Principle that only someone of Eternal Life Being or higher would ever have an almost nonexistence chance to contact. For a person of only the True Monarch rank like Yellow Mountain is several ranks too low to come into contact with a high end Principle like the Kaleidoscope.

 

 

Shuhang: Phew... damn him for making me so nervous for no reason! It's only just *divining* isn't it?! Why did he take so long?!

 

 

For the next few minutes or so, Shuhang used words in his vocabulary to swear at True Monarch Yellow Mountain not knowing of the misunderstanding and grievance he caused the guy. The only reason he stopped was actually due to the beast that is his stomach letting out a loud growl. Magus or not, Magician in training or not, Shuhang was still only an 'ordinary' mortal as of this moment. Staying up to train and watching the chat for almost 24 hours will of course starve him.

After having eaten and drinking a starving ghost, Shuhang chose to just crash for the whole day. As for school? He had already for a whole weeks of leave with the excuse of *severe cold*. He was extremely healthy of course so... Hypnotism to the rescue! Choosing these particular sets of skills to learn earlier on was definitely a smart decision on his part.

 

The next day.

 

After waking from his slumber and freshening himself up, Shuhang decided to check up the chat a bit to see whether he missed anything or not. Surprisingly, or perhaps not so surprising, there didn't seem to be anything extraordinary happening other than the occasional question as to what his own identity is. Even then, that hype died down soon enough and everything returned to normalcy. The only strange thing was the absence of True Monarch Yellow Mountain throughout all of the chat log since that one message that was sent yesterday.

Shrugging that off as Yellow Mountain being busy as usual with the handling of his pet dog, Shuhang just went offline and was about to start his daily practicing of the Kaleidoscope. The magic is not going to master itself after all. The moment he got up however, Shuhang was suddenly assaulted by a random bout of vertigo and collided with the table. The bottle of water sitting on its edge then unsurprisingly fell off. Or so it would normally be...

What Shuhang had seen was actually only a tipping water bottle while a trail of phantom images of said bottle were falling. Ever so slowly, the phantom images finally *hit* the floor and scattered into multiple directions around the room before stopping completely. It was at this moment that the actual bottle finally tipped over completely and fell along the same trail made the bottle's phantom images earlier.

 

*TOCK!*

 

Once the bottle made contact with the floor, it rolled along with the ONE of multiple trails and finally stopped to superimpose with the phantom image of one of the water bottles. It was at this point that the other trails of phantom images disappeared leaving only an eerily silent room.

Shuhang who bore witness to the whole scene stood still for awhile, stunned at what he just saw. It was only a little while later did he realized what had truly just transpired.

 

Shuhang: Huh... That was the passive ability of all Kaleidoscope users. The ability to unconsciously peer into the different parallel realities and its many possible futures... Damn, it's going to be a pain if I get a random spell of dizziness every time this thing activates.

 

Even though Shuhang complained about it, a shit eating grin couldn't help but made its way onto his face. Finally... the 1st step towards mastering the 2nd True Magic!

 

 

 

 

 

 

[[A\N: ...Really curious. Are there even people reading this fic lel? If there are, plz comment what u guys thinks so far.]]

11