09 – Gain Some, Lose Some…
784 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*OOF!*

 

???: Hey!

Shuhang: Sorry!

 

After realizing that he had a made a breakthrough, Shuhang had wasted no time in trying to master his very useful. albeit a bit troublesome, new found ability. Rather than staying still in workshop and meditating on ways to control his precognitive ability, Shuhang somehow or another got the bright idea to do so in the crowded area that is Luo Xin Street.

 

*SHOVES!*

 

???: Watch where you're going!

Shuhang: My bad...!

 

On second thought, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to do in really crowded areas, thought Shuhang in regret. Well... since I'm here already, might as well take care of tonight's dinner. Now that I thought about it, wasn't this area where Soft Feather is supposed to show up in about a week or so?

 

With that thought in mind, Shuhang made his way to an unoccupied bench and took out his phone to look at the chat room. After scrolling down a bit, spotted a post from Medicine Master and his newly created Body Tempering Liquid. Just laying his eyes on the list of recipes, the 'Library' flaws finding ability activated immediately as streams of information were transferred into Shuhang's mind.

 

[Body Tempering Liquid 'Modified'

Flaws: 1-.............

..

...]

 

After looking at the list of flaws or rather, how little there were, Shuhang was amazed at the genius that is Medicine Master. When it comes to alchemy/medicine related topics that is. Medicine Master is in fact one of the biggest reason why Shuhang wanted to get invited to the chat group. This is why he is paying more attention to him than the other seniors.

When Shuhang made a wish ALL the cultivation related manuals included in the Library of Heaven's Path, it really did include everything. Sadly, Shuhang was unable to really make use of most of said knowledge and still required a teacher to give him a sort of... kick-start. The Art of Alchemy and Artifact Crafting were 2 of such knowledge. It is Shuhang's complete bad luck that these were the two that he needed the most.

 

Learning Alchemy from Medicine Master is definitely a must no matter what. As for artifact crafting... I should be able to make due some how with regular blacksmithing and upgrade from there. Since Soft Feather won't come here for quite a while, I should hurry up and get this new ability of mine under control first before heading to H-City to scout out Su Clan's Sixteen and Seven.

 

After once more reaffirming his plans, Shuhang got up from the bench began his dinner shopping/training. There's going to be a lot of pissed off people in the next few days... thought Shuhang ruefully just before bumping into another unfortunate victim who was only minding his own business.

.

.

.

The next day.

 

Thankfully, it wasn't too difficult to get used to the random bouts of vision appearing out of nowhere. His initial idea of training within crowded areas was definitely a good idea as the frequency of the visions increased a lot due to the amount of people. Although not at the 100% control that Shuhang was aiming for, he was still able to sit comfortably at around 80%.

With that, Shuhang actually went to H-City and scout out ahead of time before the 3rd Stage Tribulation took place. The Su Clan's duo should already be here, in H-City, to be honest and are currently at the preparation stages. This is just insurance as he wasn't actually sure of the time line. At the same time, he'd be able to work towards mastering the last 20% of his vision's control. 2 birds with 1  stone!

.

.

.

Unknowingly, almost a week went by as Shuhang went around crowded areas during the day and worked on his Reinforcement magecraft at night. At the same time, he was also keeping a close eye on the chat just in case any sudden changes pop up.

As for the Reinforcement magecraft, Shuhang further divided it into 3 different parts after learning its perfected version. For use on material objects, the name was left as is. For the physical body part, it is divided into an active and a passive skill. The passive part speaks for itself really. The magecraft uses the residual Od and mana in the air to strengthen his body. The active part of the skill does the same thing as the passive one except for the amount and speed of Od/Mana being flooded through his magic circuits.

For some reason, Shuhang had this odd premonition that this skill will be very important later on when he actually began to cultivate. Especially so for when it comes to the body strengthening skills. On a side node, this passive strengthening effect of his magecraft is the reason Shuhang is not actively trying to train his physical abilities. Even without regular exercise, just the passive boosts alone would put Shuhang to at least 3x as strong as an ordinary healthy adult male.

.

.

.

While walking around and minding his own business, Shuhang had the bad luck of of bumping into a group of delinquents in an alleyway. In doing so, the stealth ability of Organization XIII's robe promptly negated and revealed his presence immediately. Being suddenly stared at by others in this getup really made Shuhang's hot in embarrassment. As for the groups of delinquents that spotted the now quiet Shuhang, they were silently gawking at the ridiculous get up, especially in this summer heat. A moment later...

 

Delinquents A: Bwaaahhahahaha! Wh-what the heck that!?

 

Wtf are you laughing at!? It's not like I wear because I like it okay? It's for the practicality...! retorted Shuhang in his mind. Seeing as Shuhang was quiet even at their ridicule, along with his really slender frame, the delinquents identified Shuhang as one of those weird nerds. And to them, such people were very fat sheeps. As such, they began to surround and block his escape routes even as they continued their jeers.

In truth, Shuhang wasn't being quiet because he was meek and afraid of them. If he were, Shuhang wouldn't have been able to single highhandedly unified most of the gangs and underground forces in the Jiangnan Area.

The reason Shuhang stood stock still in complete silence was that a moment ago, he was able to sense a vast gathering of energy high above the city and was trying to sense the direction where it most concentrated on. The tribulation! It's already here! But first...

 

Shuhang: Sigh... look, if you guys just walk away now, no one has to get hurt.

 

With that proclamation, the delinquents were once again stunned into silence, before promptly laughing up another storm. A few them didn't find it that funny however and charged angrily at Shuhang intending to land a hit to warn him. Of course, there was no way these slow, amateurish hit would've landed. Normally that is. 

It was at this exact time, that his vision ability acted up and his eyes blurred, causing Shuhang to receive the hit. 

 

Shuhang: Alright... now you made me mad! If you wanted a beating that badly, then I'll give it to you!

 

Although Shuhang arrogantly claimed he would beat them senseless, the fight was actually pretty difficult. Not because they were strong, but it was due to their number as well as the random blurry vision every time he wanted to land a finish blow. Honestly, it was a pretty thing to encounter these delinquents and finding out just how much more difficult it is to handle to future visions in combat versus just walking around.

Taking this chance to practice, Shuhang was slowly getting used fighting this precognition ability. Just as the last of them fell to his fist, Shuhang was able to have this ability under control. His happiness was short lived however as suddenly...

 

*BOOM!* *BOOM!* *BOOM!* 

 

 

Shuhang: Ah.... Damn it! The tribulation!

 

In his anger due to missing the chance to meet up with Su Clan's Sixteen and Seven ahead of time, Shuhang released his displeasure at the already downed delinquents at his feet. Where as before they were only a little bit hurt, now they were beaten within the inch of their lives. Shuhang of course was not at all worried about them reporting this to the police at all. Even though the presence concealment effect of his robe deactivated due to bumping into them, the Identity concealment part of the Mystic Code is still active. If they try to recall later, they would only remember seeing a blurry face.

It was only a bit later on that Shuhang would realize that he accidentally did a kill-steal on Su Clan's Sixteen. Before then, the only thing on Shuhang's mind is how much time he wasted due to those bastards despite the gain in his precognition training.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[[A\N: I thought about it, but I'm not gonna bother writing a fighting scene between MC and random delinquents. So all you're gonna get is the summaries. Later when there are actual challenging fights, that's when I'll write those. Also... I really want to rewrite this chapter >.>... it didn't turn out like how I wanted it to be honest...]]

 

 

 

 

 

 

12