11 – Please, I’m Too Young For That…
739 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...."

 

After that quick Q&A, the the conversation promptly died soon after. Now, both Shuhang and Soft Feather just stood staring at each other. Strangely enough, the nearby people doesn't seem to be paying any mind to the both of them at all. Soft Feather is obviously due to her beauty which seems to draw in people, mostly the male populace.

As for Shuhang, it would of course be due to strange outfit of a black robe that looks like something a chuunibyou would wear. Actually, it might not be that strange after all... Even though Shuhang had the chuuni robe's hood down, its functions as a Mystic Code were still mostly active. The most obvious one is of course steering people within a certain radius to himself away and unconsciously ignore his existence altogether.

 

The fact that she noticed me even when though I'm wearing my Mystic Code... does that mean that after a certain level of strength... my magecraft might become ineffective?, thought Shuhang suddenly as he stared at Soft Feather with an impassive face. At the same time, Shuhang had fought back the urge to panic and run away as he felt a pair of eyes locking onto his body. Whose eyes those were... even just using his toes to think, Shuhang could guess whose eyes they were.

 

Now, if only the girl would snap out of it already and say something... I can't do anything otherwise...!!! 

 

Shuhang didn't need to wait too long as Soft Feather recovered her wit soon with a snap. And as expected of Soft Feather, she spoke with a loud voice, as if afraid that everyone around couldn't hear her, and greeted Shuhang Shuhang *xianxia style*.

 

Soft Feather: This Junior greets the honorable senior! 

 

The style of greeting, Shuhang had fully expected. What he didn't expect was the look of awe and reverence that couldn't be mistaken from both her voice and eyes.

 

Yi? Isn't this too exaggerated? I know she respected the Original Shuhang in the novel although... was it to this level on the 1st meeting? Did I remember the novel wrong? thought Shuhang as doubts plagued his mind. While Shuhang was still questioning his own memories, Soft Feather spoke up once more.

 

Soft Feather: Senior? --Yes?-- Might I know what your honorable Dao Name is?

 

Hearing the word word *senior* again, what's more with such a respectful tone from a girl obviously his own age made Shuhang somewhat uncomfortable. This really needs to be stopped. A... strange side of him might awaken if he keeps getting called as such by such a beautiful girl.

 

*COUGH*

 

Shuhang: Let's uh... not talk about such things in such a place shall we?

 

Shuhang made to show Soft Feather the reason why by looking around with a wry smile on his face. Only then did Soft Feather remember that she was in a crowded market area. Not a moment later, Soft Feather open her eyes wide in astonishment as she finally realized the strangeness of the situation. Every single person here... they are treating herself as well as the mysterious *senior* as if they didn't even exist!

 

This must be the senior's doing! And I didn't even notice the slightest bit of energy fluctuation! Come to think, I can't seem to sense his cultivation at all. Could it be, like my dad's, he's...?!, thought Soft Feather excitedly. Upon closer inspection, Soft Feather had noticed another thing seemingly out of place. She can't seem to remember the senior's face!

.

.

.

Shuhang's studio apartment/workshop.

 

Shuhang: Don't uh... mind the mess. I was working on a project earlier and didn't have the chance to clean up. AH! Please don't touch on the circle.

 

At Shuhang's reminder, Soft Feather jumped in fright and took a step back whilst looking flustered. She had thought to explore the room a bit seeing as the *senior* was busy looking up the directions to the Ghost Lamp Temple on his laptop. How could she not?! There are so many interesting things in this room after all.

From different forms of bladed weapons, floating modern day watch that's winding backwards and... floating... to different articles of clothing etched with some sort of.. runes. And so, so many more!

The most eye catching thing to her however was a gem, slightly glowing in the color of kaleidoscope, sitting on a bench. That looks strange... and important. Whilst looking around, something suddenly caught the eyes of the curious Soft Feather. There, written in extremely messy writings on a blackboard.

 

Is that... the formula for the new Body Tempering Liquid!, thought Soft Feather in surprise. On closer inspections, the list of ingredients and their different properties were clearly written next to their respective names. It seems that the *senior* was studying the new formula as well! But... there are nothing written next to some of the rarer ingredients? Certainly rare, but shouldn't be something the *senior* lack right? With that train of thought, a figurative light bulb lit up above her head as her face bloomed into a smile.

 

 

With Shuhang on the other hand, he really was looking up for directions to the Ghost Lamp Temple. Not wanting to make things look strange or giving the wrong impressions, to the wrong people... Shuhang chose not to do any prior research at all. After a bit of digging around, he got what he needed and shared his findings with Soft Feather. 

Although his face didn't really show it, Shuhang was really nervous at this point. He was able to give a sigh of relieve, internally of course, when Soft Feather had insisted that he go on an adventure with her. Thanks for being you, Soft Feather.

Unlike in the novel though, Shuhang only put up a small show of *hesitation* before agreeing to go with her. Thanks to this decision of his, two of Shuhang's college professors suddenly thought of his face and became very grateful for some un-explainable reason as their legs throbbed in phantom pain. 

 

 

Some distance away, Soft Feather's hidden bodyguard had a conflicted look as he was deciding whether or not to report to her father, as well as his Dao Master. In the end though, the bodyguard chose to only observe for now as reporting this his Master just sounds way too troublesome... Hopefully, he doesn't try to do anything. 

With that last thought, he hopped onto sword flew at a steady pace, following the departing train that this... *senior* and his subject of protection, Soft Feather, had boarded.

 

 

 

 

 

[[A\N: Sorry for late update guys... I, like Shuhang did in 1st chapter of novel, joined the seasonal Flu army. exact same way he did too ironically....]]

 

 

 

 

11