12 – Well, That Wasn’t Supposed to Happen…
719 4 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

En route to their destination, Soft Feather took this chance to bombard Shuhang with many questions. The questions were varied as Soft Feather was excited at meeting this new mysterious *senior*. At some point in time, the questions turned to the direction of his choice of clothing. Soft Feather wasn't thinking of making fun of Shuhang's chuunibyou outfit however since currently, Shuhang's status is that of a *senior* to Soft Feather. Any cultivator worth their bread knows most, if not all, *senior* cultivators are all eccentric individuals.

Shuhang, who was pretty much awake for more than 2 whole days at this point, were beginning to doze off slowly. In his half dead status, Shuhang was mistakenly answering every questions in regards to his Robe and of its various functions. This of course had the effect of inducing excitement in Soft Feather as she more and more wanted one of these Robes for herself. With what it can do... she'd be able to much more easily sneak outside her island to play!

Suddenly, Soft Feather noticed that the *senior* Song, as she had taken to calling Shuhang now, was replying slower and slower causing Soft Feather to look in his direction. What she found was a droopy eyed Shuhang sinking lower and lower into his seat. Not only that, Soft Feather had also finally noticed the bags under his eyes. It's almost as if Shuhang hadn't slept for ages. In fact, it was only 2 days that he hadn't slept though...

As a side note, his sleep deprivation and somewhat confused, agitated (due to a pair *eyes* locking onto his person at all times since the appearance of Soft Feather) state was the reason why Shuhang had mistakenly taken Soft Feather to workshop instead of his college dorm. It was probably his *instinct* to go towards his own stronghold in the face of possible danger even though he wasn't in the state of making logical thoughts at that moment.

As for why... Shuhang wanted to hide the fact that he was actually someone from the supernatural side for as long as possible after all. At least, until he had *officially* and truly join the Nine Province (1) Chat Group. What went through Soft Feather's however was very different from the actual truth.

 

Senior looks so tired... It's as if he hadn't slept for months! That 'project' he was talking about must have been something very difficult. Even then, he still went out of his way to help me out.... What a kind senior!

 

One had to know that the higher one is in cultivation level, the more and more one can ignore the basic needs of mortals such as sleeping and eating. This was the reason why Soft Feather's unit of measurement for Shuhang's lack of sleep was in terms of 'months' instead of 'days' which she was supposed to use.

 

Yi? Come to think of it, why can I see senior's face clearly now? Before, it was as if his face was a shifting cloud, changing its form constantly?

 

Soft Feather wasn't given the chance to ponder anymore though when suddenly, she felt a weight upon her shoulder, startling her a bit. When looking over the source, she found a sleeping Shuhang lightly snoring away as Soft Feather's shoulder as a pillow. At the sudden contact from a male that isn't her father, Soft Feather couldn't help but grow a little red.

As it is a bit inappropriate considering her status as a maiden as well as Shuhang's status as a *senior*, Soft Feather wanted to wake Shuhang up immediately, lest it becomes an even awkward situation for them. That was the plan at least... Soft Feather however wasn't able to bring herself to wake Shuhang up once she saw his very content, and peaceful sleeping face.

It didn't help at all either when Soft Feather was tired herself and also started to doze off as well... Soon, the pair had used each other as pillows went adventuring in their respective dream land. They don't know it yet, but hundred of years, or maybe thousand of years later, the both of them would always look fondly back at this memory when in each other's company. 

 

 

As for Soft Feather's bodyguard whom was privy to such a scene, he was hesitantly clutching onto his Thousand Miles Voice Transmission TalismanSuch a thing... if Master knew, who knows how he would react? Forget it, they appear to only be sleeping. Besides if this boy really tries anything, Junior Sister should be able to easily handle it with her current level... With this thought, he slowly put away the Talisman.

 

Although... that building where the boy took Junior Sister to... my spiritual sense wasn't able to see through it. Is this boy a cultivator or not? He doesn't seem to have any cultivation strength and yet he has those strange clothes as well as that building. I'll just keep observing for now since he doesn't seem to be harboring any ill will towards Junior Sister...

.

.

.

Somehow or another, both Soft Feather and Shuhang stayed asleep even when their train had reached the intended destination. As they hadn't gotten off, the train went kept running on its full route while the duo still slept. Only on its way back that Shuhang and Soft Feather had woken up from little shut eye.

Right on time too! Since they were about to miss their stop a second time. It's almost as if they were... purposely woken up at that moment by someone. Both Shuhang and Soft Feather wasn't able to take note of this strange point however as they were still embarrassed from such an intimate position as well as in a hurry to get off their at their stop.

 

 

By this time, it was already very late, and midnight was fast approaching. Originally, Shuhang was intending to run to Tubo and his biker friends to get directions like in the novel. That idea had to be shelved now due to their little mishap. With midnight closing in as well, it would have wasted this entire day's trip if they couldn't make it to the Ghost Lamp Temple on time.

Although Soft Feather didn't look like she really minded, Shuhang still wanted to apologize to her for this blunder as it was his own fault after all. Just as he was about to utter his apologies, Shuhang suddenly felt something  flying fast in his direction.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

10