13 – Ghost Buster
656 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Needless to say, Shuhang was pleasantly surprised when he finally recognized what was flying in their direction. It actually turned out to be the bird familiar that Shuhang had ordered to fly out of Jiangnan from earlier in the day! What kind of crazy coincidence is this?!

Due to his surprise of suddenly sensing a Familiar through their links, Shuhang had unintentionally connected to it. Not too surprisingly, streams of information were uploaded into his head at high speed. Naturally, Shuhang was not prepared for it at all and felt as if he suddenly got hit by a mental attack.

The unexpected *attack* somehow or another caused Shuhang to unintentionally connect himself to ALL of his other Familiars as well. As for the number of Familiars... well, let's just say it was a number veeeeery close to quad digits. The result of doing such a dumb mistake was obvious.

It is basically like a cell phone losing all connections, but then it suddenly reconnected some days later. When that happens, all the notifications of texts, calls, mails, or any and all kinds of nonsense hits your cell phone like the ancient, historic soldiers facing a hail of arrows in war. That is basically what's happening to Shuhang at the moment.

 

*Ugh!*

 

With a pained grunt, Shuhang promptly fell to his knees with one hand on ground for support while the other, on his throbbing temple. This sudden change of course startled his current company, Spirit Butterfly's Soft Feather.

 

Soft Feather: Senior!?

 

Although she initially wanted to check up on the *senior*, her training and cultivation level of a 3rd Stage Battle King said other wise. Instead, Soft Feather had dropped her suit case and assumed a battle stance as her eyes roamed the areas for any possible *attackers*.

 

Soft Feather: Senior Song! What's happened? Are we under attack?!

 

The only answer Shuhang could give her was another grunt of pain. Suddenly receiving the memories of... more than 10+ hours of activities from *hundreds* of different sources all at once is definitely a veeery painful experience. Definitely much more so than anything Shuhang had faced so far in both of his lives!

After what felt like an eternity, Shuhang was finally able to finish processing every memories that he received. After the computer (his brain) had finished the very, very sudden *mass download*, Shuhang was finally able to regain control of himself. With that, he unhesitatingly blocked off the connection to all of his familiars. Not counting, of course, the ones that are acting as security cameras for his personal workshop and that one damn bird that just showed up.

 

Shuhang: *Phew*... Sorry about that, Soft Feather. I'm fine and we're not under attack. You can relax now.

 

After conveying this to Soft Feather, whom was acting as a guard the whole time he was in pain, Shuhang stood up from the ground while discretely wiping off a trickle of blood from nose. Then, he dusted his hands off in one smooth motion. For some inexplicable reason, felt the need to act *cool* in front of Soft Feather despite the shameful display from earlier. Nose bleeding is definitely not cool in his book.

 

Soft Feather: I understand, Senior Song!

 

With a simple response, Soft Feather finally relaxed and returned to her neutral stance. After picking up her dropped suit case, she casually walked up to Shuhang without asking about what just happened. She's a sensible girl after all. And as a sensible girl, she would of course not mention about the blood that her senior just tried to hide.

 

While Soft Feather was busy being smug with her own thoughts, Shuhang was looking around and checking for any security cameras. Fortunately, the train station was very deserted of people as it was currently very late into the night. Not to mention the fact his *Robe* would repel any mortals from noticing their existence.

Unfortunately however, his Robe did not, currently, have the capability to ignore electronic monitoring devices. Hence the reason why Shuhang was looking around for any cameras. Why start bothering about the cameras when he didn't while he was in Jiangnan and H-City? It's due the Altar Master and his subordinates of course!

As he knew about their existence, Shuhang didn't want his identity to be revealed like the *original* did. At least not that easily. His clothing could be taken as one of those chuunibyou and his episode just now can be seen as Shuhang *acting out* his chuuni-ness. The same can't be said about Soft Feather though. Although she wore *ordinary* clothings, her actions just before and the swiftness of it cannot be attributed to anything else other than a cultivator to the eyes of certain groups of people.

After failing to find any cameras, Shuhang mentally let out a sigh of relief. Good. I can't let Altar Master know about me just yet. Operation 'Ghost Buster' is still a go. Recalling the silly name of his plan to search&destroy Altar Master and organization, Shuhang couldn't help let out a chuckle which earned a confused look from the nearby Soft Feather.

Without answering her, Shuhang led the way out of the train station and hailed over a taxi. Their destination is of course the Ghost Lamp Temple! As for how Shuhang knew of its direction, it was thanks to the damn bird of course! From the memories he extracted, it seems the bird familiar somehow or another found itself flying over an area that was devoid of any mana.

Or rather, it was more like the mana in the air was unable to pass through a certain area like it was blocked off by something. Although not 100% sure, Shuhang had hypothesized that it was the work of a  bounded field. Or to be more specific, it was probably a barrier formation which most likely made that area the Ghost Lamp Temple that he, but most importantly, Soft Feather was seeking.

 

 

....As a side note-- after his pleasant rest on the train earlier, and receiving his familiars' memories, Shuhang was able to finally notice the blunder he made. Soft Feather already knew that he somehow wasn't an *ordinary* mortal. Oh well, it doesn't matter too much. I just need to come up with a different story when I finally out myself to the Nine Provinces (1) Chat Group. thought Shuhang while he was idly having some small talks with Soft Feather.

As an introverted person and an otaku from his past life though, the conversation was very awkward. Shuhang then once again cursed at all the various fanfic authors out there. How the heck are all those damn otaku MCs suddenly able to become such damn lady killers and making harems so easily after reincarnating/transmigrating? Fucking bullshit I say!

Mid rambling, mentally of course, the taxi came to a stop as they reached the destination set by Shuhang. Just to make sure that this random taxi driver wasn't a hidden subordinate of the Altar Master, Shuhang used Hypnotism and forced the driver to forget all about him and Soft Feather. Even the fact that he even drove the taxi here was removed from his memories. 

As for Soft Feather?... Forget about hiding it since she already found out earlier anyways. Plus, it's Soft Feather... There's really no point in worrying when its her. 

 

Shuhang: My familiar coincidentally found a strange area around here earlier. It should be what your were looking for, Soft Feather. If not, We can always look for it again tomorrow.

 

With his piece said, Shuhang started walking in the direction that he felt was devoid of any mana with Soft Feather happily following from behind. The only thought she had in her mind was "What's a familiar...?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[[A\N: And yes, Shuhang does have to read the contents of books in his 'Library' before he can compile them. I feel like I might have forgotten to mention it in previous chapters for some reason... I probably did since I write in one go and don't really proof read/edit lel.]]

11