15 – No Title
1.3k 15 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After handing Soft Feather the new material for the Sealing of the Ghost Spirit, she was only surprised for but a moment. Afterwards, her smile grew a pitch brighter and proceeded to use them instead of what she had prepared. At that time, Shuhang really questioned where all the confidence and trust she had placed on himself even came from. Sure, it was he that gave Sealing Beads to Soft Feather, but still... to not even question him at all was a little odd to say the least. It did make Shuhang feel a bit of warmth spreading in his heart though. 

 

...Just a bit.

 

As for those beads, they were something which he crafted while practicing as well as experimenting in the usage of the 2nd True Magic. An experiment that Shuhang is planning to use in order to perfect and to create his own version of The Jeweled Sword Zelretch. They were containers in the shape of prismatic jewels that passively draw in the Kaleidoscope's energy and store. Something akin to a self re-charging battery since as of the moment, Shuhang was unable to use 2nd Magic without a medium of sorts thus leading to the creation of those beads.

It was purely a gamble on Shuhang's part to give those to Soft Feather as sealing containers really. What kind of gambling? It was of course Shuhang's hope with the beads' function, they might be able to cause some sort reaction with the Ghost Spirits. Hopefully, mutating the Ghost Spirits to even higher levels than their current medium level. And if the gamble paid off, it would act as a sort of compensation for Soft Feather as well since he feels like he's just... using Soft Feather to further his own goal at the moment. 

 

Not... a good feeling at all, Shuhang had to admit. Whether or not there will be a mutation at all though was still up in the air.

 

When Soft Feather initiated the sealing process, it went really smoothly with absolutely not a bit of resistance whatsoever. So much so that it made Shuhang a bit uncomfortable, but later surmised that it must have been due to his earlier Hypnotism magecraft. With the sealing done, and one very happy Soft Feather later, she had handed over one of the sealed Ghost Spirit over to Shuhang as if it were the most natural thing in the world.

At that, Shuhang couldn't help but stare and marveled at Soft Feather for a bit. Shuhang himself hadn't even said a word yet when Soft Feather had skipped over... yes, she was skipping, with a spring in her step. And just like so, the uh... nightly adventure of the duo finally came to end as they went back to the town and renting a room to rest before making their return trip to Jiangnan first thing in the morning. As for the previously petrified Altar Master, he was currently being tailed by Shuhang's bird familiar that was left behind. All this is of course unknown to the Altar Master himself of course. With Shuhang learning of their secret base(s) and such, step 2 of the Ghost Buster plan was in effect.

.

.

.

.

2 days later...

 

Shuhang: Hmm... So far so good.

 

Currently within the confines of his workshop, Shuhang stare the Ghost Spirit sealing jewel atop his work desk. Expending all the concentration he could muster, Shuhang was hoping to not miss out on any detail for changes that might or might not occur. 

 

*DING!*

 

The moment he received the Ghost Spirit, he had been extremely excited to start working on it right away. Were it not for the presence of one Soft Feather and her hidden bodyguard, Shuhang would've bolted back to his workshop at the fastest possible speed. Suddenly, a thought occurred to Shuhang even as he kept staring at the jewel on the work table unblinkingly.

 

Now that I think about it-- what even happened *DING!* to Soft Feather? Before I even knew it, I already sitting on this table staring at this glowing piece of rock... Well, she more than likely already returned to her home yet for some reason, I get the feeling that I forgot something important?

 

Splitting off a tiny bit of his mental energy, Shuhang briefly watched through the eyes of avian familiar. To be more precise, the familiar that was currently on a stake out of the Altar Master's hideout. With but a minimum effort of a nudge, Shuhang reveived 'images' of people going in and out of the hideout. 

In order to not get overwhelmed, Shuhang made small changes to the memory recording function of this one familiar to only *record* at the specific instance that a *living* being made their presence known. After that incident at the train station 2 days ago, Shuhang would have to be a complete idiot to not making a few changes here and there. From what Shuhang had seen so far, people had only gone in while none came out at all.

 

Okay... A bit strange but still nothing note worthy happening on that end so, that can't be the *important* thing I seem to have forgotten?

 

Still in the midst of his intense scrutiny of the Ghost Spirit's sealing jewel and combing through his memories at the same time, another sound made its presence known once more.

 

*DING!* *BANG!*

 

Shuhang: Holy... effin' HELL! CAN'T A GUY SOME PEACE AND QUIET AROUND HERE!?

 

Irritation at the max, Shuhang unintentionally slammed his fist onto the work table. It was possibly only through sheer luck, that Shuhang's constantly reinforced strength did not manage to destroy the work table. Even luckier that Ghost Spirit sealing jewel did not fly off due to the sudden shock that its resting place suddenly received.

Before Shuhang could even start cursing whatever it was that kept triggering his Bounded Field, the blasted annoyance made its presence known again.

 

*DING!*

 

Shuhang: Fuuuuuuuu....!!! I swear, if it isn't something important, heads will roll damn it!

 

With gritted teeth, Shuhang took his eyes off the Ghost Spirit sealing jewel for the time in Goddess knows how many hour. Then with a thought, Shuhang connected his senses with the familiars around his home/workshop to receive their memories within the last hour or so. What he saw was--

 

Is that... a delivery truck? Nothing strange there, but why the heck did it need to drive by here so damn often? So close to my Bounded Field at that.

 

After thinking for awhile, Shuhang had decided to turn a single function of his Bounded Field to keep people from unconsciously coming near the place. This function's purpose was to remove the unpredictable human element in order to not cause distractions, whenever Shuhang is working on important projects. Important projects, such as getting first hand glimpse of the moment when a spiritual entity undergo a mutation for example...

 

With that singular function turned off, Shuhang only had to wait for about a minute or two before the same delivery truck from his familiar's memories showed up again. Lo and behold, the damn thing stopped exactly right in front of place! With some suspicion, Shuhang went to answer the door after donning his Mystic Code with the hoot down. 

 

Just in case... Shuhang thought as his Magic Circuits thrummed to life. Or rather, it was more like instead of the passive 1% activity rate it usually is at, the circuits now went *awake* at about 50%. With his precautions up and running, Shuhang finally opened the door to meet the deliveryman(?).

 

???: Hello, you must be Mr. Song Shuhang?

 

Raising a brow at that while not keep his guard up, Shuhang answered in a neutral tone of voice.

 

Shuhang: ...I am. Can I help you?

 

Satisfied with his answer, the deliveryman(?) let out a very big smile confusing Shuhang in the process. Uhh...? 

 

???: Haha, I am Sima Jiang from the Fengshou Express Delivery company. Mr. Song Shuhang, there are two big overnight express delivery for you. They are important packages that required your personal signature.

 

...Oh. That's what I forgot. Bringing up the Body Tempering Liquid recipe to Soft Feather somehow and in non-suggestive ways. Damn! Can't believe I forgot something so important! Ah well, it doesn't matter anymore since it was already sent by Soft Feather.

.

.

.

After successfully receiving packages, moved, and putting the 2 crates into a corner of his workshop, Shuhang finally turned his attention once more to the Ghost Spirit sealing jewel. What he saw almost caused Shuhang to punch a hole through his wall in pure frustration.

The Ghost Spirit sealing jewel had a noticeably brighter glow than before. Worse yet, Shuhang saw through both his version of Structural Analysis and Library that the Ghost Spirit had underwent a mutation. Exactly the mutation that Shuhang missed the chance to witnessing... Shuhang was of course very grateful that Soft Feather for some unknown reason decided to send the medicine materials to him but then there was this....

 

Shuhang: SIiiiiiiighhhhh...... Soft Feather, rejoice! For you are the 1st person that I, in both life times, feel like I want to kiss and strangle to death, both at the same time.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[[A\N: That feeling when you're focused on trying to do something, u kno by your lonesome and without distraction, only for other people to come and bother for whatever god damned reason... Why... why in THOSE particular moments and NOT when you're so free that you're just about to be bored to death damnit! D;;; ]]

13