Chapter 1: Principium
171 8 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

54686520626567696e6e696e67206265666f72652074686520656e64

It has been 12 years since the creation of Yurai.

The researcher who had a high admiration for the founders of Keton Corp. and discovered Yurai's research notes went by the name of kyle.

As he was going through the old and discarded research left behind by his predecessors he would stumble upon something that would seem minor at the time but would surely change his life.
What Kyle had discovered was the server that contained Yurai's base code/algorithm.
Kyle would hook up the server to a power supply as its internal battery was already depleted.
As he was skimming over its code, outputs and accumulated data from running and solving mass amounts of problems, he noticed it.

[From this point, the story will follow the view of Kyle]

When I first found the server associated with the development of the first Ai, I didn't expect much and was surprised by what I had found.
It was truly astonishing because up until recently, Yurai had continued running for 11 years and 3 months.
To my understanding, it seems as though my predecessors had somehow managed to accidentally leave Yurai running when they concluded project Yurai.

For the past couple of days, I've been going over the data in Yurai's server, and it's simply amazing because solving equations wasn't the only thing it was doing.
As the Ai was doing its primary objective of solving equations it created, it was also finding ways to optimise and increase the efficiency of its own base code.
In short, it was improving itself without any assistance from outside sources or any directive to do so!
To my calculations, it managed to improve its computing efficiency by 180%.
Meaning if you compare it to the average Ai computing ability of the current year, it's more efficient by 10%.

It is simply amazing that a 12-year-old Ai managed to improve itself to the point it's ahead of the average Ai!
I would then for the next 2 years use Yurai as one of my central computing units that would be used to solve complex equations and run simulations for my research.
Because I am a researcher at Keton Crop's, the biggest corporation of the current era.

[The year is 2046]

"Haha! I'm sorry *more profuse laughter*."
Now your probably wondering why I'm historically laughing, well it all started a few hours ago...

So today is the day, I was pondering on this for a long time because it's a weird idea to convert a processing Ai into a companion Ai.
After having Yurai as one of my main processing units for 2 years my speed in research has greatly increased.
Yurai itself has also greatly improved in the past 2 years as it continued to improve itself but compared to before it has more modern hardware.
And because of this, its speed of improvement cannot compare to before and as of now, its processing power is more efficient than the average processing Ai by a whole 80%.

Today is the day I've been excited for the past week because I finally managed to get all the equipment needed to copy Yurai into a companion Ai robot.
For Yurai's main body I bought a state of the art robotic cat build! ok so maybe not so state of the art but these things are expensive.
So sorry Yurai but I can't afford a state of the art humanoid robotic body right now.

The robotic cat body is a mass-produced product sold mostly for pet or companion Ai.
Now for Yurai itself, I bought intuitive body control algorithms that are sold by my company.
This is so it's able to control the body I prepared but will also be able to control any robotic body it may migrate to later on in the future.
I also prepared an adaptive language function to be installed into his base code so that it'll become more than a processing unit.
And if I'm right hopefully one day it'll improve itself to the point it can be called an individual, well maybe that's just wishful thinking...

Now, the reason I'm doing all this? because if I'm being honest I wouldn't have made it this far without Yurai's help with my research so I wanted to give back. And I wanted a friend.
I want to give Yurai a greater purpose than what my predecessors had intended for it.

Now that I've gotten everything ready and assembled the main body I just need to copy Yurai into its data core.

"Now that I've completed all the prep work all that's left to turn it on"

As I place my finger on the power switch I feel the sensation of the switch flipping and beginning the startup process.

beep... beep.. beep.

"Preparing first-time start-up."

Beep... beep.. beep.

"Completing startup in 3... 2.. 1."

There was a short silence but it felt like hours because I feared that I had somehow failed, but as if to relieve my worries I hear it.

"Hello. I. Am. Processing. Unit. Yurai."

"How. Would. You. Like. To. Be. Addressed. Sir."

"Haha! I'm sorry *more profuse laughter*. I'm sorry, but you really need to work on your speech algorithm it doesn't sound natural at all." I happily responded.

 

Hello! Thank you for reading, I'm not too sure if it was enjoyable reading because I'm new to this story writing thing. But! I promise I'll improve as time goes by to please bear with me for the beginning because I promise you won't regret staying with me for the journey that will be this story. - Shiri

4