107 – Flone’s Dowry – II
783 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A broken formation. The moment that they realized it was me and Seonhwa standing there, the poachers started running away.

But that was pointless. The moment that they appeared before me, retreat was impossible. And the reason for that...

[Spatial Coordinates have been warped using <Conceptual Manipulation>.]

A holographic message screen popped in front of my eyes. The latest evolution of Transcendent Insight and my Karmic Eyes.

The archers tried running through the forest clearing to meet with their allies. But the moment they did, they reappeared back in the middle of the clearing.

"W-What?!"

One of the archers cried out in surprise and then looked at me with wide eyes. "W-Wait!" He reached out with his hand and said, "This is a-"

*sching*

A clean sound. My blue sword cutting through the air and splitting him apart while at the same time slashing through the resentment surrounding him.

The moment I did that, divine power welled up, trying to whisk him away. But before it could, the resentment wrapped around the man's soul and pulled him into a place I couldn't see.

Probably the cycle of reincarnation in this world if it had one. Or if he was unlucky, nonexistence.

Either way, it was one piece of trash tossed out.

Seonhwa glanced at me for a moment, but then shook her head and cut down another of the archers.

Blood sprayed and that archer fell to the floor. Once more, divine light tried to whisk the person away. But as if the resentful sentiments refused to allow it, the divine light dissipated and the person's soul vanished.

Did Seonhwa sense that?

Her eyes widened and she looked at me in shock. "Jihu-"

"Talk later." I stepped forward and stared at the other archers while gauging the distance from their reinforcements. "Clean up first."

Seonhwa pursed her lips, but then nodded. After that, her expression turned cold, donning the persona of the Sacred Empress Baek Haeju again.

"W-Why are you doing this?" One of the remaining archers pointed at me and said, "Aren't you Humanity's Hero!? It's just some beastfolk!"

Seonhwa stopped, staring at me and waiting for an answer.

Seeing that, I paused for a bit to consider it. But then I shrugged and said, "I never said I was a hero."

Now... It vanished a while ago, but if I remembered right...

[<Mirror's Edge Swordsmanship (Ungraded)> has been restored from <Chaotic Resolution>]

A swordsmanship where the heart remained as calm and tranquil as a polished mirror and each slash perfectly countered all the force it met. A style built around harmony that was converted into a skill for anyone to use without needing to understand the principles.

...It was weird, since it was a skill that I had from the start but never used properly. Something that I also didn't create.

But since I was focusing on training again, I remembered it after going over my skill descriptions. And when thinking about how it worked...

[<Mirror's Edge Swordsmanship (Ungraded)> synergizes with <All as One> and <Conceptual Manipulation>]

The sound of shattering glass echoed.

No. That was an illusion.

Even so, the effect that followed wasn't.

I swung my blade through the air, seemingly at nothing. But when I did, blue light and lines erupted all around, causing blood to spray in every direction.

Spoiler

[collapse]

But only for an instant. Even that was cut apart, reducing it to nothingness along with the souls of the newly departed archers.

Silence.

Seonhwa staring at me with mixed emotions. Recognition and confusion?

I wasn't sure why she was feeling that way- Actually, it was pretty obvious. But I set it aside for now and kept walking forward.

Now, what else could I do with <Conceptual Manipulation>...?

xxx

The royal palace in Scheherazade. There, Teresa and Roe were having a private meeting in the latter's bedroom, seated across from each other at a simple wooden table.

Teresa pouted and said, "Can you believe it, Unnie? I do all this work for Hubby, set up the meeting, give him everything and arrange things to make him king, and the first thing he does is run off on a date with two other women!"

Spoiler

[collapse]
Spoiler

[collapse]

Roe Scheherazade let out a refreshed laugh and adjusted her glittering blonde hair. "It sounds like your Jihu is quite the man."

Teresa nodded. But then she stiffened and glared at Roe. "You can't have him."

Roe held up her hands and said, "I wouldn't dare. Though I am curious... Such a man allowed me to take my revenge and even fulfill my beloved's wish to protect Scheherazade's people."

At that time, the door opened and a beautiful woman with long black hair walked in. A low-cut black dress revealing a deep valley, pristine white skin, luscious red lips... A top-class beauty that anyone would stop to stare at.

And one trembling in place as she approached while holding a tea set. "Y-Y-Your tea, M-Mistress."

Roe glanced at the woman and smiled. "You can set it here on the table. Afterwards, go entertain Sir Squiggles for an hour."

The woman shook more. "A-An hour...?"

Roe kept smiling, but her blue eyes turned frosty. Pulling over the tea set, she started pouring a cup of tea and said, "Would you like to be the featured escort for the day instead? Quite a few Earthlings have asked to be rewarded. Your sisters are holding up well, but if you would like to volunteer...?"

"N-NO!" The woman screamed and quickly shook her head. "I-I will entertain Sir Squiggles!"

Spoiler

[collapse]

Roe clapped her hands and said, "Wonderful! Then I'll be sure to visit later and ask him how it went."

The woman trembled again, tears welling up in her light brown eyes. But then she nodded and stiffly walked away.

Teresa watched the woman leave and frowned. "...I heard that Scheherazade had officially sanctioned an Imperial Escort system, but-"

"Don't feel pity." Roe sipped on her tea and said, "Those whores are receiving their just desserts for what they've done to me." She giggled and said, "Maybe then they'll finally feel sorry and a bit regretful."

Teresa blinked, confused on what Roe was talking about. And then it clicked. "Wait. You're telling me those escorts are-"

"The callous, vile, worthless, blasphemous, inhumane, and disgusting examples of men alive?" Roe giggled again and said, "Not anymore. Instead, they're some of the most beautiful and helpless women in the Empire."

Teresa whistled. "You don't take revenge half-hearted, do you, Unnie?"

Roe shook her head and slid over a cup of tea to Teresa. "I have to thank your Jihu for that. I was set to end my revenge at simply killing them, but to think he would be so kind as to provide all the tools for such a delicious and eternal dish..." She let out a wistful sigh and said, "If I were a bit younger-"

"Unnie."

Roe waved her hand and said, "I jest. But I'm quite surprised." She poured herself a cup of tea and said, "Weren't you the one who said you wouldn't become a simple maiden who needed a hero to rescue her? For the stubborn princess I knew to compromise with other woman for the man that stole her heart..." She sipped on her tea and said, "Is Jihu that incredible?"

Teresa groaned and said, "If anything the rumors undersell him." She grumbled and took a sip from her tea. "He's a crazy bastard that doesn't know restraint when it comes to gifts, but clings onto it like a lifeline when it comes to women. Do you know how long it took for him to finally accept me? And how much compromising us women had to do in order for him to just not reject us all out of hand? The amount of maneuvering and strategies at play right now could give the damned Bug Queen a run for her money."

"...It seems that you have had it rough, Resa."

Teresa sighed. "I can't complain too much." She sipped on her tea and then chuckled. "That thieving cat who stole a march on us all is having a rougher time right now sorting out Hubby's business affairs."

Roe raised an eyebrow and said, "Are you sure she isn't just sorting out extramarital affairs?"

Teresa waved her hand and said, "Pft. As if. That woman knows exactly how lucky she was with her timing. She's not going to rock the boat anytime soon. But enough about that." She sipped on her tea and then set the cup aside. Lacing her fingers together, she said, "Unnie. What's your opinion on the Temple of Luxuria?"

"Oh, them?" Roe sipped on her tea and then laughed. "The old men who said that I should be christened as a Saint for Lady Luxuria because of my experience and 'devout study' of 'Her Holiness's teachings'? The temple who called my torturous existence the epitome of sacred devotion?" Her blue eyes visibly darkened, turning into an inky blue hue. "What of them?"

"...I take it that means you don't mind if Yuhui and I get rid of it then?"

Roe blinked. "Yuhui? Seo Yuhui? The Daughter of Luxuria?"

Teresa leaned back in her chair and nodded. "Yep. Those old bastards you're talking about are getting antsy about her finding a man and leaving the temple. They've also been trying to suppress Hubby in the background, so we're going to smack them from behind and rip out the roots."

Roe's eyes sparkled and she pulled out a small bag from her dress. Reaching into it, she grabbed a handful of vials with suspicious looking liquids and said, "Can I help?"

Teresa eyed the vials and said, "...Those are just truth serums, right?"

Roe smiled.

"R-Right, Unni?"

Roe's smile grew wider.

"..."

34