112 – Wish Fulfillment
806 9 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blackie yawned while looking over the border between the Federation and Parasite territory from a tall hill. Resting his crimson spear over his shoulders, he muttered, "That guy still isn't giving up, huh?"

Sung Shihyun. Unlike what Blackie remembered, that guy had gotten a different Divinity this time around. Instead of 'Diligence' which didn't suit him at all, he got 'Chastity'... which also didn't suit him, but it looked like he was putting it to good use.

Mostly by charming women left and right and sating his lust. Something he was doing even now by having Parasite forces raid the Federation for beauties to bring back.

Of course, it wasn't like Blackie was going to let that slide while he was there.

"Well. Guess I should get some exercise in." He moved his hand over his face to materialize his mask and then stepped forward.

Space bent and he emerged in the midst of the Parasite forces.

Was it because Sung Shihyun didn't have much sway yet? Or was the Parasite Queen cautious now?

The only forces around were low-level Bugs and Cockroaches.

Then again, they were pretty fast, so it seemed like that guy was using his head a bit more than usual.

Blackie swung his spear, sending out a Qi wave to cut them down and free the captives.

Like usual, it didn't take much at all. And as usual, he raised his hand and sent out a flash of lightning to signal the Federation troops to send a rescue team. That done, he stepped forward to push the Parasites back.

"Stuck on clean-up duty as usual... Tch." Blackie tilted his head to the side, dodging a sharp insect leg slashing towards his face. He immediately spun his spear and smacked the attacker before stabbing a Cockroach flying down at him from above.

'You should be glad that you're able to move around at all. I'm just stuck messing with that little shit. If I could run around like you, I'd be raising all sorts of hell against that Queen.'

Blackie wrenched his spear away and said, "Yeah. And the whole world would turn on its head because you *definitely* aren't supposed to be here. Or alive, even."

'What? If a bastard like you got a second chance, can't I?'

Blackie stepped forward, casually spinning his spear and doing some pest control. "Fair. Though I think that crazy bastard's going to beat the crap out of you when he finds out that you've been influencing him."

'Heh. In that case, he should have been more suspicious of his powers. He might have been able to take them further than I could have, but the 'base' is still the same. A smart guy like him should have checked it more.'

"Well, smart people tend to be too smart for their own good when it comes to looking at themselves. Mm... Maybe I should bug that guy more about doing the Divine Stigmata trial?"

'You should. I still need to beat the crap out of that guy for having it this good when he's even more of a cocky dick than I was.'

Blackie sent out a blast of qi to send some bugs flying and then said, "That's because he thinks with his upper head and not his lower head, you prideful pervert. Though it is annoying." He ran after a few bugs that didn't die and then jumped in the air before rocketing back down, obliterating them while creating a crater in the ground. Pulling his spear back, Blackie clicked his tongue and said, "If that crazy bastard was planning on banging all of them in the first place, he should have just doubled-down instead of pussyfooting around like this. Dumbass."

'For real.'

"...I can't believe I'm getting along with a bastard like you."

'Hey. Dying changes a guy. You should know, right?'

"Yeah."

A flash of crimson light emerged in the distance, followed by a figure charging forward at lightning speed.

Blackie casually rested his spear on his shoulders and said, "Your past self is still annoying as hell though."

"YOU BASTA-"

*SMACK*

Like always, Blackie spun around with a roundhouse kick and sent Sung Shihyun flying.

To the guy's credit, he moved with the kick and used the momentum to spring back around for an attack. But-

'...Was I always this dumb?'

Blackie whipped his spear around to smack the guy's face and then nodded. "Yep. Dumb and dumber after you joined the Parasites."

"I'LL FUCKING-"

*SMACK*

A kick lashing out to the side, sending Sung Shihyun flying like a football.

"AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!"

Blackie lowered his leg and said, "Have to give him some credit though. If I wasn't keeping him in check, he'd be a pretty big problem." He cracked his neck and then walked forward. "Right now though, he's a buffet of contribution points. And unlike that crazy bastard, I'm not the sort to turn down the free meals in front of me."

"STOP- GAH!"

'...No wonder I died like a scrub. Goddamn idiot...'

xxx

"Thank you for indulging in my selfishness." Roselle let out a faint smile and she said, "I understand from Miss Rothschear that you are all in a bit of a hurry, so I truly appreciate taking some time to listen to me."

I sipped on the cup of tea that Roselle had poured for me, taking time to carefully think about my answer.

Roselle had taken us over to a private flower garden, setting up a table within it with refreshments. Some fancy looking cookies and pastries on a golden platter, aromatic tea that had a naturally sweet taste...

Both things that Seonhwa and Flone should have enjoyed. But right now, those two were sitting on either side of me and glaring at Roselle, both pointedly ignoring the refreshments placed in front of them.

...Yeah. Let's not drag this on too long.

I nodded and said, "Then you should hurry up. There's a lot we still need to do today."

Like reporting back to Seriel, spoiling Seonhwa, apologizing to Flone, prepping for the September Mid-way point, making sure all of the girls were qualified to enter...

Roselle smiled and said, "Of course. You are a busy man. And I would not dare to approach the thorned flowers you already have at your side."

Flone huffed and said, "You'd better not. I don't care if you did Grandpa a favor, but I'm not about to let some floozy come in and make another mess when I've just cleaned up the last one. Right Seonhwa?"

Seonhwa nodded. "Right."

...Note to self. Be on guard for romance flags in the future.

Roselle sipped on her own cup of tea before setting it down. After that, she nodded and said, "I will send Miss Rothschear's dowry out with you when you leave. But as for that bit of selfishness..." She looked at Flone and Seonhwa before nodding. "This is something that you two should be able to help with as well. Think of it as a bonding exercise for such powerful individuals." Roselle moved her cup off to the side and then laced her fingers together. "You see... I want you to kill the Emperor."

I blinked. "...Emperor?"

Roselle nodded. "That is correct. I know that it will be difficult, but with the martial prowess of your wives and your own capabilities-"

"Wait." I held up my hand and said, "...By Emperor, you mean the ruler of an Empire, right?"

Roselle blinked. "...Yes. The Emperor who reigns over the sole Empire of Paradise. That Empire that leads the cutting edge of magical technology and prowess... And you looked confused. Why do you look confused?"

I glanced at Flone. "...Is there an Empire around still that I don't know about?"

Flone blinked and said, "How should I know?"

Oh. Right. Flone was out for a couple centuries and was just getting her bearings on the present times.

I glanced at Seonhwa and said, "Any ideas?"

Seonhwa frowned and said, "...The only Empire should be the one that fell a few years after the Parasites invaded." She paused and then looked at me with a playful smile. "Unless she's talking about the one you're planning to make, 'Unyielding Emperor.'"

I felt a shiver run down my back. At the same time, I felt a hint of danger. Nothing substantial, like the sort that my eyes would pick up on. But just a gut feeling that Paradise would be embroiled in a major conflict it wasn't ready for the moment I tried declaring myself Emperor... even if I had the qualifications for it.

To get that off my mind, I looked back at Roselle... and then saw that her face was frozen.

"...Lady Roselle?"

She blinked and then glanced at us. Me, then Flone, and then Seonhwa. After that, her eyes widened and she spoke up with a trembling voice. "I-I believe that there is quite a bit I have missed out on in recent times. I-If you would be so kind... Could you elaborate?" She looked at Seonhwa and said, "Miss... Seonhwa, was it? What is this about a fallen empire? And... Parasites?"

xxx

Explosions filled the air followed by the sound of shattering stone. And then mixed in between that... "FUCK! DAMMIT! SON OF A BITCH! RUNNING OFF TO THE UNDERWORLD TO AVOID ME...! GRAAAGGH!"

Flone giggled and said, "It seems like Lady Roselle didn't take the news very well."

I sighed and said, "Could you not make fun of her? Shouldn't you empathize with her considering what happened to you?"

Flone nodded. "I could. But can you avoid falling in love with her and adding her to your harem?"

"I don't have a harem."

Seonhwa stopped in the middle of stuffing some gold trinkets into her Dimensional Pocket before giving me a blank look.

I coughed and avoided her gaze.

After the brief tea session with Roselle as well as catching her up to current events, she kindly showed us to the storage room where she was keeping Flone's dowry before excusing herself.

As for Flone's dowry...

I stared at the mountain of gleaming gold treasures as well as the various treausre chests and the large glass casket containing something that reeked of divine power.

After that, I looked at Flone and said, "I thought you were a noble lady, not a princess, Flone."

Flone puffed out her chest and said, "I told you, the Rothschear family was one of the greatest even back in the Empire's heyday!"

Seonhwa grabbed a chest to peek inside and then nodded. "It definitely looks like it..." She closed the lid and placed it in her Dimensional Pocket before turning back to Flone. "When we bring everything back, won't you be the richest woman in Paradise?"

Flone shrugged. "Maybe. But anyone that Jihu loves will never want for anything, so does it really matter?"

Seonhwa laughed and said, "That's true. Jihu is the sort of guy who buries his women with gifts that can't pay back."

"Right?!"

I glanced at Seonhwa and Flone before letting out a wry smile.

It was good that they were getting along now. And I was happy that Seonhwa seemed to get rid of the thorn in her heart after that nightmare incident.

Well, I guess that was in part due to me shamelessly accepting her too.

...God I was a dick. But in for a penny, in for a pounding, so...

Anyway. It was good that they were getting along. But at this rate, the future was definitely going to be... well, 'energetic' to say the least...

But for now...

'Let's just grab everything and get out of here.'

xxx

A quick and light-hearted clean up. Flone and Seonhwa bantering a bit more as they had fun looking through her dowry. Me standing off to the side and nodding along with what they decided as well as giving my opinion when they tried on different accessories.

And then it was time to leave.

Roselle had calmed down, we had packed our bags, and that was that.

At least, it should have been.

But...

"Take me with you."

...It always had to end like this, huh?

Roselle stood in front of me with her head lowered in a deep bow. "Lord Rothschear. I promise you that you will not regret it."

"Um." I glanced at Flone who was giving me a pointed look. After that, I looked at Seonhwa who narrowed her eyes.

Right. So definitely had to handle this properly.

"...Explain to me again why you want me to take me with you? And why you think I can in the first place?"

Roselle continued talking without raising her head and said, "Lady Rothschear explained that you granted her a true resurrection from being a mere vengeful spirit. In addition, Miss Seonhwa explained that you Earthlings come from another world... One that you may return to at any time through Dimensional Travel."

"...Right. And?"

"And it has been my heartfelt desire to achieve Dimensional Travel since as long as I can recall. So... Please." She looked up and said, "Take me with you. Be it fighting against this Parasite Queen, helping you manage your economic affairs, serving as a buffer to forestall future intrusive women, I will do all I can if you but grant this request."

I glanced back at Flone.

She looked at me before staring at Roselle. Then she let out a deep sigh and looked at Seonhwa. "Well? What do you think, Seonhwa?"

Seonhwa pursed her lips and crossed her arms. "...The Federation did want the help of the Great Spirit here. And I guess it is kind of pitiful leaving a young girl here alone. But another rival is a bit-"

"Ah." Roselle quickly spoke up and said, "If that is the case..." She waved her hand and then suddenly shrank. No, she became younger, turning into a five-year old. Not only that, but her light blue hair turned a few shades brighter, matching with Flone's silver hair. After that, she looked up at me and said, "I am perfectly fine with being an adoptive daughter." She looked at Flone and said, "Would this resolve your worries, Mother?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

The three of us shared a look.

After that, Flone was the first to say something. Sighing she walked over to pick up Roselle and said, "Well, if you're going to be that shameless about it..."

Roselle nodded and said, "A Sorceress's pride is unnecessary in the face of unpioneered grounds, Mother."

Flone's eye twitched and she looked at me.

I let out a wry smile and scratched the back of my head. "...Mom *did* want some grandchildren...?"

Seonhwa let out a deep sigh.

Flone rolled her eyes and said, "Just get us out of here already, Jihu. And you." She gave a pointed look at Roselle and said, "If you're going to be our daughter, play that part until the day you die. Okay?"

A surge of black mana erupted from Flone.

Seeing that, Roselle's eyes widened and she quickly nodded. "Y-Yes, Mother."

The black mana instantly vanished and Flone smiled. "Great! Then let's go home and introduce you to the family, along with all your other Mothers."

"...Other mothers?"

Oh. Right. That was a thing. I'd have to explain this to everyone else too. Have to remember to preempt that before things get too crazy...

But for now...

"Alright. Let's get out of here."

xxx

Hannah let out a deep sigh and then slouched back in her chair. Staring at the ceiling, she muttered, "Why'd you have to fall in love with a crazy bastard like that, Hannah?"

Paradise was being completely turned on its head at the moment.

The Church of Luxuria had a coup, led by Teresa and Yuhui.

The Leader of the Dongchun Merchants who controlled a sizable portion of Eva's underworld... and Eva itself as a result. Anyway, that guy suddenly showed up at Carpe Diem's office and kowtowed to Hannah saying that he would do anything to help the wife of his "Great Lord."

Then there was the fact that the Eun Yuri girl Jihu wanted to bring in with Jinhee and Seonhwa's younger sister had already died once in Paradise, so they needed to sort that mess out.

It wasn't too much of a hassle. Jihu had plenty of contribution points to spare and the gods let her use them because Jihu wouldn't mind and because she was his lawfully wedded first wife.

...Though she had a feeling that the gods were more just taking pity on her than actually making a rational allowance.

But she would take what she could get.

After *that*, there was cleaning up Jihu's image. Fortunately, Roe Scheherazade, the Triads, Sicilia, and various other forces were springing out of the woodwork now to speak up. Even a few of Jihu's old tutorial buddies were making waves and spouting praises of him.

And finally...

Hannah shook her head and then sat back up, looking at the last stack of paperwork in front of her.

Well, it wasn't really paperwork. She had sorted all of that out already, including the deed to a property in Eva where they could set up Elysium as an Organization. No, this was more a battle plan... and contingencies for when Jihu went wild after arriving.

"Operation Crazy Rich Asians... Money is power, and Jihu has an infinite amount of it. Then we just need to do some PR work... should be easy considering all of the beautiful women hanging around my husband. Then in the background, Hubbie can run wild with that cursed spear or whatever he has to free all the slaves and use his bullshit abilities to cure them... Hell, he can apparently raise the dead since Flone was a thing, so that would help too... Hah."

Hannah let out a tired smile and said, "Well. At least this should be fun stress relief. I've always wanted to throw money around to foil people's plans..."

Merry Christmas! Sorry for the delay. Getting mind melted by finals. >.>

24