93 – The Widowed Queen’s Karmic Retribution
1.6k 26 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roe Scheherazade. The Queen of Scheherazade. And as such, the strongest political power in Paradise due to Scheherazade's influence as a royal kingdom.

At least, that should be the case.

The truth was, she was nothing but a puppet- No, a toy. A woman to be used, abused, and subjected as the 'Empire's Luxury Escort' and trapped in a never-ending hell.

One created by Sinyoung.

But she endured. Recalling her husband's final words and wishes, she endured. For the sake of her subjects and for the future, she threw away her pride, pretended nothing was wrong, and allowed them to do as they wished.

Yet the resentment piled up in her heart. Enough to where she wondered if it was worth it. If she shouldn't just defect to the Parasites and give up the Royal Oath she kept.

However, the winds of change were coming. She heard whispers of a promising Earthling emerging. One who even charmed that tomboy Teresa Hussey.

So Roe continued to endure.

And today was no different.

Waking up to a luxurious bedchamber, she resisted the usual urge to stab her neck with the hairpin on her bedside table. Instead, she carefully got out of bed and fixed her golden hair, tying it in a bun.

Of course, she knew that it would probably be disheveled again shortly. But at least for now, it would be tidy.

Roe walked over to her dresser and changed into a revealing crimson dress. Something that those Earthlings brought over called a 'Key moan oh.'

Perhaps because they enjoyed seeing her moan in it.

Roe trembled, swallowing down the bile rising in her throat at the thought of what humiliations she would endure that day.

It was fine. She would endure. She had endured before. There was nothing left that they could do to her that hadn't been done. No fetish left unexplored, no humiliation left unperformed.

So it was fine.

"Yes. It... is fine." Muttering that to reassure herself, Roe made her way out of her bedroom and to the throne room.

It was early. And it was also surprisingly empty.

Roe blinked, looking around with her clear blue eyes.

The palace was the same. And yet it was different. Something in the air felt different.

The servants moving about were the same... but none of them met her gaze.

Before, they looked upon her with ridicule and disgust. But now they appeared... afraid? Terrified?

Roe frowned. It was odd, but she thought nothing of it.

Perhaps those ugly bastards had created some new 'play' for her to star in.

What would it be this time? An attack on her way to the throne? Drugs? Hypnosis?

Roe sighed and simply continued on her way, keeping her face blank and uncaring.

Walking through the main hall, climbing the stairs, opening the doors to the throne room...

And nothing.

Not a single person to be seen.

Inside the throne room, there was the picture of her beloved husband hanging over the throne. The same that they had humiliated her before in the past.

But there was no one there.

Roe stood there in silence, waiting.

Perhaps it was a trick. A ploy to give her false hope before striking her unawares.

But after a few seconds passed. After those seconds turned into minutes, and then those minutes into dozens of minutes...

It didn't change. No one appeared.

Not a servant. Not an Earthling. Not an ugly bastard from Sinyoung.

No one.

Roe was alone.

But... why?

Absent-minded, she walked over to the throne and then sat down.

And she waited.

And waited.

And waited.

The morning sun shifted, rising to the highest point in the sky.

And finally someone appeared.

"Feh. Those Sinyoung bastards were cowards after all, huh? Running away as soon as they heard the news."

A male voice.

Roe blinked and looked up.

At first, she thought it was another 'client.' That this was all the prelude to the play that she was to enact.

But then she realized that she recognized the person.

He looked similar in appearance to those ugly bastards. Slightly slanted eyes. Dark hair. A face that looked more fitting for a criminal than a hero.

Except that Roe recognized that face.

Even though she was a puppet, she still kept an eye on events unfolding in Paradise. And as such, she knew the major players and rising stars. And the one there... wasn't the 'hero' who recently appeared. But he was important nonetheless.

Hao Win, the current leader of the Triads. A powerful force on Earth and one that had its influence in Paradise weakened from recent years, but who regained it under Hao Win's efforts.

The man wore a black suit and tie, as typical for the Triads. But he also wore a glittering black curved sword at his waist. One that had portions stained an even darker shade from what could only be blood.

But... Why was he here?

Sinyoung would never have allowed the Triads to encroach on Scheherazade. Furthermore... were they not based in Haramark?

Hao shook his head and then looked up at Roe.

Roe stared back.

Hao's eyes traced Roe's body, observing the way her dress clung to her body. And then... he turned angry?

Roe blinked, confused at the sudden change in emotion.

"Those pieces of shit. I thought Bro might have been exaggerating, but... Tch." Hao shook his head and said, "It doesn't matter. Right now..." He called out to Roe and said, "Roe Scheherazade."

"Y-Yes?" Roe subconsciously straightened, fixing her posture.

"My brother-in-arms said he wished he could be here in person, but he's currently dealing with issues back on Earth. But he wanted to tell you three things. First... You're free."

"P-Pardon?" Roe tilted her head. "I am... free?"

Hao ignored her and said, "Second, effective immediately, Sinyoung has vanished, both in Paradise and on Earth."

Roe felt her heart throb.

This...

A bolt out of the blue. A miracle that granted the wish she never voiced.

But...

Roe stood up and glared at Hao. "You. You are lying. There is no way... No. Is this a trick? Another play to give me false hope before you break me down again!? Do you want to crush my esteem that much!? Do you enjoy humiliating me so?!"

Hao stared at her and then growled. "I thought Bro's punishment was excessive... But judging from her reaction..."

Roe glared at Hao. "What are you plotting?!"

Hao shook his head. "Nothing. At least, nothing that would harm you. As to the final thing my brother-in-arms wanted to pass along... Guys." Hao tilted his head back to the entrance.

Footsteps ran forward. Over a dozen pairs.

Roe flinched, suddenly remembering her place.

Right. She was powerless.

If they wanted to, they could do anything to her. And with the number of men approaching-

Before she could finish her thought, Roe froze.

Because she couldn't believe the sight in front of her.

Familiar faces. Faces of the men she hated the most in all of existence. Each and every single one, with not a single person left unaccounted for.

Even that bastard Seojin who hid away on Earth and had his men record her humiliation.

They were all tossed onto the floor in front of Roe like garbage, squirming while tied up and gagged.

Like they had done to her in the past.

But...

Roe blinked and looked over at Hao.

He stared back at her and then said, "Sever the karma here. Vent your frustration as much as you want on those who wronged you, but no more. And to accomplish that..." Hao tilted his head back to his men.

One of them stepped forward and then tossed a bag towards Roe.

She stared at it but didn't move. Instead, she raised her head back towards Hao. "...Why are you doing this?"

Hao shrugged. "It's not me. I'm just doing this all because my brother told me too."

"T-Then... Who is your brother?"

Hao stared at Roe.

Roe stared back, feeling her heart racing in her chest. That, and an unfamiliar- No, nostalgic emotion welling up.

A strange face flickered on Hao's face and he shook his head. "He'll show up eventually. For now... Take care, Queen of Scheherazade. The Triads will be in contact with you soon."

With that, Hao and the other men left.

Meaning it was just Roe alone with her tormenters.

She waited, looking down at all of them squirming before her.

It was different now.

Their usual cocky and sadistic expressions were replaced with fear. Even that Seojin, so calm and collected. He looked horrified.

Roe slowly stood up and walked over to the bag. "Sever the karma...?" She repeated the request that Hao repeated from that mysterious person. And when she did, she opened the bag.

It wasn't ordinary. The space inside was far larger than the outside. But even so, that space was completely filled.

Glistening bottles of mysterious liquid. Rubbery appendages that seemed to have a life of their own. And then there was a note as well, placed at the very top of the bag.

Roe picked it up and started reading. The handwriting was unfamiliar. And it was also a bit rushed, sloppy. But it was legible. And as to what it said...

xxx

I don't know the extent that you've been harmed. I don't know if this will even fix anything. But I do know that you resent it.

The feeling of powerlessness and the humiliation you've endured. The shame and bitterness accumulating in your heart.

I've gathered up those that should be directly responsible for that. The men who have directly wronged you... I've collected them and given you tools to enact exactly what you suffered back upon them.

Vent your frustration. Enact all the wrongs you were dealt back upon your tormenters. An eye for an eye, a sin for a sin. Give them the retribution they deserve.

In return, all I ask is that you settle it with them. Let the karma end with the direct causes and allow the residual ripples to subside.

-Seol Jihu

xxx

"Seol Jihu...?"

Roe muttered the name. "Seol Jihu... Jihu. Right. That was his name. Jihu."

The one who saved Teresa. The one who charmed that tomboy. The one who granted that tomboy's dream. And the one who created the miracle to set back the Parasite Queen's plans.

Roe's heart raced.

That man. Yes, if it was that man... Then this was real.

No, even if this was a dream. A brief reprieve from her nightmare...

Roe reached into the bag and grabbed one of the bottles. Turning towards the closest ugly bastard squirming on the ground, she flung it at the man's face.

The glass shattered and the liquid splashed on his skin.

The man screamed.

Roe grinned and watched as he squirmed. And then her grin turned even wider when she realized what the potion did.

The ugly bastard was gone. And in its place there was a woman. A beautiful woman with silky black hair and a perfectly proportioned body beneath now oversized clothes.

And because her body had changed, her restraints were no longer effective, letting her free.

"W-What the hell?!" The former man screamed and clutched his... her chest.

The other men on the ground noticed and started frantically squirming, trying to escape.

But it was futile. Now that Roe was paying attention, she saw that a magic barrier had been placed around the throne room. One that wouldn't let anybody interfere.

Roe let out a mad cackle and then reached into the bag again, grabbing one of the rubbery appendages and pulling it out. When she did, she felt a pulse spread from her body to the appendage. And as it did, the appendage suddenly flew out, wrapping around her and moving in accordance to her will.

"My. My, my, my." Roe cackled again and then started walking forward. As she did, shadows started to gather. More of the appendages from the bag spilled out, slowly covering the surroundings. "What a wonderful man, that Jihu is."

Muffled screams of horror and despair.

The recently transformed man panicked and tried to run. But she stumbled, unused to the sudden change in gravity.

And then a tentacle grabbed her foot and started dragging her towards Roe.

"N-No! NO! S-Stop! I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm-"

Roe grinned. "It is *far* too late to apologize."

Fleshy smacks. Screams of pain that turned into pleasure. Writhing flesh.

Amidst all of that, Roe laughed.

Hao realized the crazy and tried to save his bro. Unfortunately, he didn't think his bro would go out of his way to send a signed letter. smh.

59