Chapter 12
189 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12

YanShen hasn’t left the neighborhood. He remained parked on the side of the roundabout, trying to calm himself down. Unexpectedly he saw Feng ZiJun’s bag, that would be the fourth fault he’s found, YanShen frowned.

He took the bag and looked, the bag was quite common, he wasn’t familiar with the brand, but the bag looked conservative, the color was indistinguishable, and looking at the degree of wear, she’s used it quite a lot.

YanShen eyed the zipper and stopped for two seconds before he opened the bag and looked at what’s inside. YanShen’s frown deepened, there wasn’t much inside the bag: a purse, a mobile phone, and  keys, and also that flashlight she used to bash his head. She didn’t even have those facial tissues or cosmetics women found essential. Yet with only those four things inside, her bag was a mess.

When YanShen was done fiddling with the items, he opened her wallet, a picture inside piqued his curiosity, Feng ZiJun looked ordinary but she was embracing Feng Yi who was wearing a pink tutu, even putting on a wig! He looked pretty as a girl and as certain, he had an awkward little facial expression, but his mother behind him was smiling brilliantly…

YanShen suddenly felt sympathy for Feng Yi, having a mother with such bad taste. Didn’t she know that pictures like this leave a scar? He stared at the picture a long while and then shook his head. He was beginning to be concerned on how she’s been getting by. Inside her wallet, besides hers and her son’s picture there was no bank card just cash. YanShen took out the crisp ¥100 bill and looked at it before placing it back. This woman was somewhat extremely frugal…

But that wasn’t the point, focusing his attention on her keys… YanShen suddenly felt a bit better. He swung the keyring around his finger, turned on the light and leaned his head outside the car window. The place’s ambience was quite good. There was a fountain in the roundabout. It was already very late and the fountain would not be turned on but the streetlights were reflecting on the water on the fountain as if it was sparkling.

YanShen gazed at the surface of the water for a few seconds. Then the key ring flew from the window and fell on the water. In the quiet night only the “thump” sound was heard and then it was silent again. Then YanShen turned the car around to go back.

Meanwhile, Feng ZiJun was already rapidly becoming stiff from the cold. It was early spring. During the daytime, it wasn’t bad but in the evening the small wind was bone-piercing cold. Especially today since she had to wear this off-shoulder and short dress for dinner and being escorted by a car to and from the house, she didn’t think that she’d be standing at the gate with her teeth chattering from the cold…

Hugging herself and stomping her feet to relieve the cold, Feng ZiJun decided to climb in.  Although she didn’t know how warm the garden will be, at least the garden will be better than standing here. Not to mention, she can check for an open window where she can get in. If she was lucky enough, she’ll be able to go in, take a nice warm bath then cook a bowl of instant noodles with two eggs…

Because of Chu YanShen, this evening she wasn’t able to eat. She wanted to eat. She was hungry. She touched her flat belly and looked at the garden’s fence, estimating its height and thinking that it was possible.

ZiJun stood below the fence and stretched out her hands to give it a pull. It seems strong… It should be able to handle my weight otherwise this is going to be a bad fall…

ZiJun attempted three times before she was able to climb. What a relief! She just needed to jump inside now. Suddenly, she heard Chu YanShen’s voice “What are you doing?”

Feng ZiJun looked and saw Chu YanShen standing below, his expression visible under the moonlight. ZiJun felt panicky resulting to her grip becoming loose. “Ah…” ZiJun managed to gasp and then she fell.

After she landed, ZiJun had one thought, It was good she fell on her bottom, she’s be completely finished if she fell on her face. She didn’t want to hear what her son would say if that happened. ZiJun also felt that everything about her was wrong… Of course, besides her face. That’s why until now, ZiJun has been taking care of her face. As Feng Yi always says, they had to depend on her face to make ends meet. So in case, her son will not be able to feed her, this face was exceptionally important…

Across the fence, YanShen looked at the woman on the opposite side. He again felt that she had quite a different way of thinking from normal people. She was falling on her bottom but she was covering her face. He wasn’t also expecting her to jump over the fence…

Regardless, he asked her, “Are you all right?” She then looked up towards him. Separated by this iron fence, ZiJun felt she was in prison. Moreover, her bottom hurts dearly even if she fell on Qiao Yun’s cabbages. They were quite young and can only handle a little bit of weight so they were not really able to cushion her fall…

ZiJun felt wronged. If this crazy person didn’t drag her from the restaurant, this would not be happening. She would not have climbed the wall and fell down. All this was his fault…

Thinking such things, Feng ZiJun’s temper flared and she turned to him. She didn’t want to talk to him. This was somewhat a mishap in his plan. She wasn’t that old but because of his six years dream, he thought that she was a mature and rational woman. Although… from her performance today, it seems there was quite a gap before she becomes mature and rational. He didn’t regard her as a twenty-four year old girl but it was clear that he was wrong to assume. She was really 100% a little girl…

YanShen came closer, ” I came to return your bag.” He held up the hand holding her bag. Bag? That’s right! She must’ve left her bag in his car. That’s why he’s here right now. Since he’s come with her bag, her keys! This night she didn’t have to spend the night in the garden and she can have her warm instant noodles with two eggs…

Thinking of this, Feng ZiJun quickly turned around and reached from the fence’s cracks, “Hurry and hand it over.”

YanShen simply looked at her outstretched hand before handing her the bag. Feng ZiJun recalled that she had her phone inside the bag. The phone she bought once she came back. If she drops and breaks it, that is another 2000 down the drain. She wanted to curse and thank him at the same time. She hastily took her bag.

After getting her bag, she stopped looking at Chu YanShen. Her hand reached into her bag to fish for her keys. Not here. Why is it not here? How could she eat that ramen now? She checked again to make sure.

ZiJun felt anxious and almost turned her bag upside-down. Flashlight. Cellphone. Purse… What about her keys? Where are her keys?

Feng ZiJun looked up at the man outside the fence, “Where are my keys?”

YanShen’s brows furrowed, “Are you saying I have your keys?”

His tone didn’t sound good. He seems annoyed at her question ZiJun felt she should stop what she was saying. If she accuse him of taking her keys, he might jump over and beat her up. “About that… That’s not what I meant. I wanted to ask if you saw a key inside my bag.”

The man outside gave her a simple “No.” and turned away. ZiJun anxiously called him, “Hey… Hey, Chu YanShen… Don’t… Don’t go.”

YanShen’s eyes flashed a smile, seemingly reluctant to turn around he frowned at her, “Ms. Feng, what is it?”

Ms. Feng? Sure, they kissed to offset his grievance but still they kissed. Right now, he spoke to her as if nothing just happened. He was cold and detached. ZiJun slightly complained in her head. But it was very clear that she could not permit him to leave. Since he was already here, maybe she could ask for help so she wouldn’t have to die spending the night on the garden. She didn’t want to get sick from the cold night…

Feng ZiJun quickly grabbed the fence, tried ignoring the pain from her backside and shot Chu YanShen a flattering smile, “That… Can you help me?”

“Help you?” Chu YanShen looked at her for a few seconds, “Ms. Feng, how can I help you?” Yes, how to help her… This matter was quite concerning for ZiJun. She’s lost her keys so she couldn’t get inside the house. Her brother and Feng Yi won’t be back until three days the earliest… Even if she called a locksmith, that would have to be done tomorrow. Then what was she going to do for tonight? Yes, money is the most useful at this time.

But because of her clumsy personality, since Feng Yi began managing things, he has the say on how much is inside her wallet because of the many times she lost her purse. And so, her purse has absolutely nothing with only a small amount of money. Usually, it didn’t matter because she didn’t spend a lot. However, being in this predicament, What could 100 do?

Feng ZiJun wasn’t sure but maybe she can borrow money for now. But the only person she can borrow money from was cold and extremely short-tempered male…

Feng ZiJun doesn’t have much experience dealing with men so in front of the temperamental Chu YanShen she was apprehensive. While ZiJun thought of him as temperamental, from Chu YanShen’s perspective, this seemingly-innocent looking woman infuriated him.

So to speak, these two people’s frequencies were not matching but if they got together, the result is hard to determine.

Feng ZiJun decided that it would be fine to borrow some money for now and finally said, “That… Can you lend me some money? 200… 200 is enough.”

Feng ZiJun thought the 200 plus the 100 in her wallet is 300 in total. She’ll be able to find some place to rest for the night and she’d be able to buy two packs of instant noodles. Now the problem was if this man was willing to lend her that money…

But she thought, This amount shouldn’t be a problem… After all, he is the President of YangZhai. He should have a lot of money. From his point of view, that amount should be like change given to a beggar. Therefore, ZiJun felt he would easily agree…

But he did not, Chu YanShen’s reply was, “Why?”

#

0