Chapter 3 – The Healer
406 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I had enough knowledge in my brain to realize that killing a Celestial was nearly impossible. No mortal being could find where Trevals was. We bond and share information with each other through our roots in Trevals.

Although there was never a strict rule about it. We all agreed to keep Trevals' position on any mortal creatures a secret. We Celestials were the protectors of the galaxy. Not that we like eternal life but that was our destiny.

We were emotionless creatures. we had no desire to compete or bring each other down. No celestial thought of enriching themselves let alone ruling the world.

I don't know how long my roots have been absorbing Trevals nutrients. But I feel like I'm no longer receiving new information. I only got some basic knowledge about Celestial life. Everything was just a theory similar to memorizing history lesson in my college days.

"I know those eyes, Trevals has stopped giving you information huh?" Uhme commented on me who was now silent with blank eyes. like a newly activated robot.

"I still don't know much," I said regretfully.

"Too much information will overload your brain. From now onwards you will learn from us, the elders. Enough with all the theories. You may already know a million things about our galaxy by now but that doesn't mean you've never actually interacted with it or trained it," Uhme responded.

"Where are we?" I decided to change the subject.

The teleportation portal Uhme created in Trevals took me to a place that looked like a giant rock cave. But the stones were arranged in such a neat order that I immediately knew they were made by intelligent beings. Since there were no humans around, we called them mortals.

There was lighting there, and a majestic altar with a jade-like greenish-crystal statue of a woman on it. Obviously it wasn't human, but she was some sort of humanoid with a protruding chest and hips. I consider her a woman. I saw the memory in my brain. The majority of civilizations have the same basic physique, and most women have breasts. Except for those who are reptiles or birds.

"This is my temple, the mortals built it for me," Uhme explained.

The shape of the statue is different from his current physique. I only have basic knowledge as a Celestial. We do share nutrients from the same Trevals soil and can communicate — which I don't know how. But that doesn't mean we don't have secrets. Celestials can't read minds. although we can share knowledge through our roots in Treval—we don't have to share everything.

I know Uhme as the guardian of Trevals and one of the Celestial elders. But I did not find any other information from her. What else was she doing? as what Goddess were she worshiped by the Mortals? How could her tree-bodies be walking around in Trevals while the other trees just stood still?

Was it polite if I ask too much? I felt like an annoying kid who's always curious.

Celestials do not recognize the concept of babies becoming adults and aging. We were born with reason and logic similar to that of Celestials who were thousands of years old. What sets us apart was life experience.

Knowing everything without learning doesn't automatically make us strong. It was like someone memorizing the rules of baseball, that doesn't necessarily make him a great pitcher. Or even though I was very talented in the PlayStation— winning eleven game tournament, in reality I was really bad at playing real football on the field.

I needed to learnt myself and whatever was hidden from my real body—which was still the same as green bean sprouts that were pale from lack of sunlight.

When I close my eyes, I can see my real body in Trevals. Safe and awake. I currently have two leaves. I was just born, I still have a long way to go. When a Celestial had a new skill, the leaves will increase. That's why the Celestials in Trevals have different wood shapes and number of leaves. It all depends on their efforts and life experiences.

Uhme must be very strong, because she was one of the Celestials with the thickest leaves. What was more, she can move. I can't even find that information in my memory. How could the Celestial's original body moved like that?

"It's going to be very noisy after this," Uhme informed.

"What? why?"

"As soon as I open the door, the mortals will be busy gathering looking for me,"

I feel like criticizing hef. If she knew appearing in this place would attract attention, why should she do it? Why not open a portal on a deserted mountain or the middle of an island?

"I have to open the portal here, because the energy point is here. Your body isn't strong enough to be teleported yet," she reasoned. I was surprised to hear that. Can Celestials really not read minds?

"No, I can't read minds..I'm guessing you're wondering about that," she said calmly. Okay, she might be able to secretly read minds. I have to remember not to comment on her less attractive physique in my mind. Especially about the fact I was reincarnated.

"Get ready, keep looking straight ahead until we're picked up," Uhme said as she walked over and pushed open the stone door with her wrinkled finger. Uh wait! Did I say wrinkles? What if she gets offended?

Calm down, myself. I have to remember that Celestials don't know the concept of handsome or beautiful. Uhme won't be offended. After all, there was clearly no way celestials could read minds. Uhme was probably just guessing. Mentalists like to do it. I had seen it on a crime series. psychics can pretend to read someone's mind with their observation skills.

What I was seeing right now was amazing. I was on a planet with a perfect utopian civilization. There were thousands of people kneeling at our feet now. They said nothing but shaky breaths. Uhme was their Goddess, I can see the priests of her temple cupping hands and praying for her.

But I'm not very interested in them. I was busy looking around and was amazed. their buildings are majestic and sophisticated, vehicles in the form of mini planes roam orderly according to their trajectory. But modernization is accompanied by a fertile and beautiful planet. All in balance, I know that the people were peace-loving too. They were strong even though they didn't like to fight. They were prosperous but do not accumulate excessive wealth.

"Welcome to—" Uhme whispered to me.

"Planet Staraid," I continued, nodding slowly. I must still look regal and understated. Even though right now I was still a nameless god. I was still a Celestial.

Staraid, was a planet chosen by the Celestials as one of their bases. The Celestials just mingled with the mortals. But the Staraid mortals—who looked like humans with green skin and shiny scales on their foreheads—were not allowed to talk to them. Let alone cheer them on.

I saw Uhme did something to her bracelet which looked like a communication device. She called someone. After that she looked at one of the humans who were kneeling while holding her child.

Uhme approached the child whose legs looked weak like the folio disease on Earth. She rubbed the boy's feet and soon the light enveloped him.

"He'll be able to walk again," Uhme muttered. The mortal woman who was like his mother looked teary but she didn't say anything.

I now know that Uhme was a Celestial with healing powers. I didn't know what my skill will be, only the elders can see it. But I wish I had other abilities, because being a healer doesn't sound like much fun to me.

10