Chapter 14 – Queen Bee
7.3k 9 228
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was surprised when I saw the snake being killed so easily.

I don’t know exactly how strong that monster was, but I had the feeling that it was not something I could defeat easily.

However, somehow, she killed that powerful monster effortlessly.

What a monster!

While I was looking at her agape, the girl put a hand on her chin and muttered something.

“… Hmm, that serpent was already at Tier 5. Does it mean the monster in the core is stronger?”

Hey, wait a moment…

“That monster… You said it was a Tier 5 monster!?”

The girl looked at me confused.

“Yes, is anything wrong?”

I shook my head and said nothing. Inwardly, though, I was speechless.

This girl, Sylvia, said that the monster was a Tier 5 creature, the same as her.

However, she dealt with it so easily.

… In other words, although her Tier is ‘5’, she is much stronger than a normal Tier 5 Awakened.

God, what kind of troublesome person did I meet?

This girl can probably kill me without even making an effort!

I better stop thinking about that…

“How far are we from the core?” I asked.

“We are very close.” Sylvia smiled and said. “We can arrive at it any time now.”

But then, she stopped walking and looked ahead of her.

“Let me correct myself, we already arrived.”

I did not reply to her. Instead, I looked towards the same place where she was looking.

There, a whirlpool of energy was hovering two meters over the ground.

That was the only way I could describe it.

Approximately three hundred meters away from us, that whirlpool of energy was sucking the mana in the environment and releasing it again shortly after that.

With just a glance, I knew what it was.

“The dungeon core.”

“This should be your first time seeing one, right? It’s shocking when you see it for the first time.” Sylvia said smilingly.

I nodded. Certainly, looking at it now, I can’t help but be astonished.

The amount of mana on it was incredibly terrifying. I could feel my hair standing up even from this distance.

But at the same time, I could feel a strong desire coming from my soul.

Greed, hunger, the desire to swallow it.

My soul itself was desiring the object that could patch it.

It was such a strong desire that I was almost unable to control my impulse to rush towards it.

The only thing that stopped me was the fact that the bluish-white-haired girl was looking ahead us with a stern expression.

“Strange boy, stay behind me.”

I did not ask why and just obeyed. It’s obvious that there is something wrong with the place ahead.

In fact, as soon as we started to walk towards the core, I realized what was wrong.

Around us, slight buzzing noises could be heard constantly.

They were almost inaudible at the start, at the point where I thought they were an illusion.

But as we approached the core, the noise became louder and louder.

And then, we saw the creatures causing the noises.

Bees.

A lot of bees.

Moreover, each one of them was as big as my palm.

And I could see tens of them.

Fortunately, the bees were flying around us and did not seem to have the intention to attack us unlike most creatures inside a dungeon.

But as though laughing to my naivety, the situation suddenly took a turn for the worse.

As soon as we reached two hundred meters away from the core, all the bees in the surroundings stopped moving and turned towards us.

Then, their buzzing sounds became much louder than before, and their originally peaceful eyes turned aggressive.

At the same time, hundreds of bees further appeared from some unknown place, forming a terrifying yellow cloud that could frighten even the bravest person.

“Now I understand why a Tier 5 monster is not the dungeon boss,” Sylvia said in a joking tone trying to lighten the mood.

“… Yeah, I think I know the reason too.” I smiled wryly.

“You should be careful. These bees are not very strong individually, even weaker than Tier 1 monsters. However, there are at least one thousand bees here, even a Tier 5 monster would be wary of this number. Moreover, just two or three of their stings should be enough to kill someone with your strength.”

“Should we start running away then?”

Sylvia looked at me with glinting eyes and shook her head. “Relax, I’m very strong. Just be careful of the bees that pass through me.”

As soon as she said that, Sylvia extended her hands.

Her mana surged out, blowing away everything nearby. Then, thousands of threads appeared around her, moving elegantly under her control.

The bees took that as a sign that we were hostile. Immediately, an uncountable number of bees rushed towards us!

And in the next instant, the threads and the bees clashed.

 

228