Chapter 17 – Out of the Dungeon
7k 10 262
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at the young man fainted on the ground, Sylvia smiled wryly.

“Damn. What a troublesome guy.”

The beautiful girl heaved a sigh and looked at the core of the dungeon.

No, the place where the core was supposed to be.

Somehow, after Jane touched the core, it was absorbed by him.

Something like that was normally impossible. The amount of mana inside a dungeon core, even the smallest dungeon, was enough to create an explosion of nuclear proportions.

It was not something that a weak human like him should be able to contain.

While Sylvia was lost in her thoughts, the dungeon shook.

Sylvia frowned. It was a sign that the dungeon was about to collapse.

Without mana to keep it stable, this spatial bubble would disappear soon.

“How annoying… Sigh, well, I don’t mind taking you out.” Sylvia muttered and grabbed the neck of Jane’s shirt.

At that moment, a fierce tremor ran through the dungeon. The tremor quickly intensified, and cracks started to appear in the sky.

The dungeon was collapsing.

But when it seemed that the dungeon would collapse with Sylvia and the young man inside, two blurry images appeared at the edges of the dungeon.

The two images showed two different scenes. One was the image of the place where the bus was before entering the dungeon, and the other was a completely unknown place.

These were the two worlds that made this dungeon.

To escape from the dungeon, it was necessary to walk towards one of these images and go through it.

Of course, one would be expulsed from the dungeon automatically once it collapses, but then, there was a chance of being thrown on the other world instead of earth.

Sylvia calmly walked towards the image belonging to earth while dragging the young man’s unconscious body, and five minutes later, she passed through the film to exit the dungeon.

As soon as she exited the dungeon, she saw several people looking at her in surprise.

“Someone exited the dungeon!? Was it cleared?”

“Was there an Awakened among the people trapped inside? What a coincidence.”

“She is carrying an unconscious man. Paramedics, hurry up!”

Sylvia looked at them with a calm expression and passed the unconscious Jane to the paramedics.

Just then, she heard a worried cry.

“Brother!”

It was a girl around fifteen years old. She had auburn hair and black eyes, and her petite frame made her look very cute.

The girl rushed towards Jane and looked at him with eyes full of tears. Just looking at her expression was enough to see how worried she was about him.

“Are you Jane’s sister?” Sylvia asked with a curious look. The girl immediately looked at her with a confused look.

“Who are you?” The girl asked.

“My name is Sylvia. Jane helped me inside the dungeon. Don’t worry, he is alright.”

“Really?” The girl’s worry seemed to diminish a bit, but her eyes were still filled with tears. She then looked at her brother and grabbed his hand dazedly. “Brother must have suffered a lot. He is not even an Awakened.”

“About that. He awakened inside the dungeon. He was lucky. Otherwise, he would have died.”

The girl was stunned. She then opened her eyes wide and looked at her brother in surprise before her lips curved up in a small, relieved smile. “Good… Great… Otherwise, I don’t know what I would have done if my brother dies.”

“Hahaha, don’t worry, he doesn’t look like the kind to die easily.”

“I know.” The girl nodded.

Sylvia wanted to continue talking to her, but at that moment, a middle-aged man in a suit approached her.

“Miss, were you the one who cleared the dungeon?”

“I was. Although he helped me.” She said while pointing to Jane.

“I see.” The man nodded indifferently. “Then, Did you kill all the monsters killed?”

Sylvia’s expression stiffened. She then smiled bitterly and shook her head.

“We didn't.”

The man frowned.

“It’s illegal to close a dungeon before all the monsters inside are confirmed to be dead. Otherwise, monsters can come into the real world and harm civilians. Didn’t you know about it?”

Sylvia hesitated slightly and fell silent. She thought about telling him that it had been Jane who closed the dungeon, but in the end, she decided not to.

The method that Jane used to close the dungeon did not seem like something that should be made public. Sylvia was not sure about Jane’s circumstances, but she decided to help him to keep the secret.

“I’m sorry. My companion fell unconscious, so I panicked. I didn’t know what to do and forgot about killing all the monsters.”

The man stared at Sylvia fixedly for several seconds before sighing.

“I understand. Even so, closing a dungeon without killing the monsters inside is a crime. Fortunately, you are not a certified Awakened yet but a civil, so I don’t think you will have many problems. But even so, I must ask you to accompany me for a while.”

Sylvia smiled wryly and nodded.

“I understand, but can you give me a minute first. I want to call my parents.”

“Go ahead, don’t worry.”

With a forced smile on her face, Sylvia took out her phone and made a call.

A few seconds later, a sweet female voice answered the phone.

“Yes, little Sylvia? Is anything wrong?”

“… Mom, I need your help with something…”

“Oh? How unusual. What is it, little Sylvia? Your mother will do her best to help you.”

Sylvia forced out a smile and told her about her situation.

A few seconds later, she hanged up the phone and heaved a sigh.

“… Bastard, you owe me one for this.” She said while glaring in Jane’s direction.

Right then, the phone of the middle-aged man that interrogated her ringed.

The man was surprised and quickly answered it. A few seconds later, his expression changed.

Hanging up, he put on a complicated expression and walked towards Sylvia.

“I’m sorry about before, miss Sylvia. Don’t worry, everything has been settled.”

“Thank you.” Sylvia smiled and turned around to leave.

Just before leaving, though, she looked towards the young man that had been taken to an ambulance one last time.

“… By the way, I still don’t know about the reason behind your strange fate… Hmm, I can’t help but be curious about it. What should I do?”

262