Chapter 51 – Facing the Robbers
3.4k 9 146
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Carla, don’t let the girl escape!” The leader shouted to the woman of the group before charging towards me.

I reacted immediately, avoiding the fist directed towards my face while trying to counterattack with my spear.

But the leader’s fighting experience was very abundant. Instead of avoiding my spear, he used his hand to swat it slightly aside while trying to grab my neck with his other hand.

I was caught off guard by his response, but fortunately, the demon had done something similar during the training in my dreams, so I pulled my head back to avoid his hand and kicked his waist.

This time, the leader was forced to retreat to avoid my attack.

In the meanwhile, the woman called Carla charged towards Jessica to stop her from escaping.

But Andrew and Karime were already prepared for that. Andrew kicked the ground and charged towards her while brandishing his metallic pipe, while Karime froze the air around Carla, slowing down her movements.

“You…!” The woman was startled, but she reacted quickly. A surge of mana was released from her body, sweeping Karime’s frozen air away. At the same time, she coated her left hand with mana and used it to receive Andrew’s metallic pipe.

But to her surprise–

“Kuh!”

Andrew’s metallic pipe broke through the mana on her hand easily.

Fortunately, she jumped back as soon as she noticed something wrong, thus avoiding losing her hand in that exchange.

“How is this boy so strong?” She wondered aloud.

She did not know, but one of Andrew’s skills was [Physical Strengthening]. This skill strengthened his body constantly according to the mana in his body. Right now, even without using any mana, Andrew’s physical strength was a few times greater than an average person.

Thus, although the woman and Andrew had the same mana Tier, in a direct confrontation, Andrew was superior.

I glanced briefly at Andrew and sighed in relief when he got the upper hand against the woman. At the same time, I confirmed that Jessica had escaped.

“Good,” I said to myself.

This way, I don’t need to worry about the robbers using the little girl as a hostage.

The leader frowned when he realized that Jessica had escaped. But he then looked at us and smiled.

“It doesn’t matter. I don’t believe she will not come out after we catch the three of you.”

I did not reply and stood beside Andrew with Karime behind us.

The situation is not that bad yet. We are three, and they are two. We can win.

But when I was thinking that, a cry of agony came from the distance.

‘It can’t be…!’

I hurriedly looked in the direction of the man that chased after the Awakened that ran away, only to see him stepping on the Awakened’s head with a frown.

Then–

*Crunch!*

He crushed his head.

Andrew, Karime, and I became pale.

It was our first time seeing such a cruel scene.

The young man furrowed his brows before walking back with an ugly expression.

“Brother, I thought that it would be alright to kill people because I was used to killing berserk humans, but it felt awful.”

The leader sighed and shook his head.

“That is normal. Human minds are psychologically against killing other humans after all.”

“Is it so?” The young man nodded before looking at us and frowning. “The girl escaped? That is bad, right?”

“Don’t worry, we can find her later. We need to take care of these three first.”

“I understand.” The young man nodded and walked towards us. “Don’t worry, I will make sure to make it as painless as possible.”

Andrew and Karime became pale.

I could not deny that I was slightly nervous as well, but perhaps because I was used to the demon’s killing intent, I managed to keep myself calm.

“Calm down. Their mana is stronger than us, but none of them seems to have a skill. If we used our skills appropriately, we should be able to win, or at least escape.” I spoke in a voice that only we could hear.

Andrew and Karime nodded. Perhaps they thought that my words made sense, but I felt that they became slightly calmer.

“What are you whispering among yourselves?” The young man frowned. “Are you planning something?”

We did not reply and just stared at him silently.

“Well, it doesn’t matter. I hope that you are a bit stronger than the man I just killed.”

With these words, the young man charged towards us!

I was about to use my spear to attack him, but then I saw the leader and the woman charging towards us as well.

In an instant, my mind searched for the best course of action, and I decided to go for the leader.

[Lightning Body Refinement Technique]!

Using the method taught by the demon, I coursed lightning through my body as I thrust my spear towards the leader!

The leader’s reaction was fast. As soon as he saw the spear thrusting towards him, he leaned his body aside to avoid the attack, but I predicted his movement and twisted my spear slightly, aiming to the place where he moved.

The leader seemed to be surprised by my quick reaction, but he did not panic. His body was filled with mana as his speed became one level faster and he avoided the spear again.

Then, he thrust his palm towards me!

I barely managed to react to his speed, taking one step back and brandishing my spear in his direction to force him to retreat.

Fortunately, the man was not carrying a weapon, otherwise, I would have been injured in the last exchange.

The man should have been caught by surprise when the dungeon occurred, thus he didn’t have his weapon with him.

That made his movements slightly awkward, probably because he was used to fighting using a weapon. Thanks to that, I could barely face him despite the huge disparity in our Tiers.

God, he was three Tiers above me! He was a Tier 5 Awakened, but I was just at Tier 2!

Even so, I felt greatly pressured by his attacks. I did not know how long I could continue fighting him.

While I was fighting the leader, Andrew and Karime were fighting the other two robbers. Fortunately, their situation was a bit better than mine, after all, Andrew was at Tier 4, just like the two robbers, and Karime was at Tier 3.

Plus, Karime was using her skill to create ice and interfere with the two robbers’ movements, allowing Andrew to not fall at a disadvantage.

At this moment, the advantage of skills appeared. Skills granted their users many more possibilities during a battle, and in many cases, could change the situation of the battle completely.

The two robbers had noticed that Karime’s skill was very troublesome, so they tried to get rid of her first, but Andrew’s swordsmanship was not bad even if he was using a pipe, and he managed to protect her.

“Troublesome kids!” The woman’s face became red in anger. She then took advantage of an instant when Andrew was forced to receive an attack from the young man and charged towards Karime!

However, none of the robbers knew that Karime was not the only skill user in our group.

Just when the woman charged towards Karime, Andrew activated two of his skills.

[Domain]!

[Limit Breakthrough]!

All of sudden, the woman and the young man felt their bodies becoming heavy! The mana around them seemed to become sticky, hindering their movements.

At the same time, Andrew’s strength increased crazily as a white glow surrounded him. He blew the young man away easily and charged towards the woman!

“Dammit!” The woman realized that something was wrong and tried to run away, but to her surprise, a layer of ice had stuck her feet to the ground.

Aghast, she could only watch as Andrew’s pipe was swung towards her.

Then–

*Bam!*

The pipe hit her abdomen, and the woman was sent flying away.

 

...

 

Support me on my patreon to read up to 20 chapters ahead...

146