Chapter 52 – First Kill
3.3k 14 142
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Andrew’s swung the metallic pipe as though it was a sword, hitting the woman in the abdomen with all his strength.

*Bam!*

“Gah!”

The strength of the hit sent the woman flying away. She rolled on the ground several times before stopping with an expression of pain.

“Carla!”

“Carla!”

The young man and the leader shouted and rushed towards her in a panic, but Karime created an ice wall to stop the young man, while I attacked the leader, forcing him to focus on me.

At the same time, I shouted to Andrew.

“What are you waiting for!?”

Andrew reacted to my shout and went towards the woman, lifting the pipe and aiming it to her head as the woman looked at him with a despairing and panicked expression.

Just a hit was enough to kill her.

But at that moment, he hesitated.

Seeing the desire to live in the eyes of the woman, he was unable to swing the metallic pipe.

He could not kill her.

“Dammit!” Andrew cursed himself and stopped hesitating. Taking a deep breath, he swung the pipe down.

*Bam!* *Crack!*

The dry sound of a bone cracking was heard.

Then–

“Agh! My leg! My leg!” The woman shouted in pain.

Andrew had not broken her skull, but one of her legs.

“With this, she should not be able to continue fighting.”

Andrew did not dare to kill her, but he could not risk the lives of his friends either.

“Carla!” The young man became enraged when he saw the situation. He filled his body with mana and destroyed the ice wall with a punch, breaking one of his fingers in the process.

But he did not care. He rushed towards Andrew at great speed with a gaze full of killing intent!

Unfortunately for him, the current Andrew was way stronger than him.

Andrew and the young man were both Tier 4 Awakened, but Andrew was under the effects of [Limit Breakthrough], making his combat power at least one Tier higher.

Moreover, he was using other two skills as well, [Physical Strengthening], which strengthened his body passively, and [Domain] which restricted the young man’s movements.

Under the combined effects of the three skills, Andrew easily avoided the attack of the young man.

But just then, he felt someone grabbing his leg.

Stunned, he looked down only to see the woman he just spared grabbing him with an expression of hatred.

“Die, fucking kid!” She snarled.

In the next second, the young man’s fist hit his chest, throwing him to the ground.

“Andrew!” Karime shouted in a panic. She hurriedly created a barrier of ice around Andrew, but the young man destroyed it with a pair of kicks before raising his leg to trample Andrew’s leg.

He was going to break his leg just like he broke the leg of the woman.

Andrew managed to roll aside to avoid the young man’s attack. He tried to activate his skills again, but the pain made it hard for him to focus. Meanwhile, the young man sneered at his struggle and kicked his belly.

“Gah!”

“Stop!”

Andrew vomited a mouthful of blood as Karime created several ice needles with her skill and attacked the young man, but the young man just smirked and jumped away, easily avoiding them.

Certainly, Andrew and Karime possessed skills, giving them an advantage against the young man and the woman, but in terms of battle experience, they were vastly surpassed.

Their skills were very effective when their enemies did not know about them, but once Andrew and Karime lost the factor surprise, they were at a great disadvantage.

“Don’t worry, you are next.” The young man grinned at Karime before walking towards Andrew and raising his leg to stomp his leg.

But just at that moment–

“Joan! No!” The leader shouted.

But it was too late.

*Spurt!*

“... Huh?”

The spear that I had thrown had already pierced his back.

“Joan!”

“No!”

The woman and the leader were stunned. They watched how the spear pierced the young man’s heart and he fell on the ground with a blank expression.

It was a lethal injury.

“Bastard!” The leader shouted in rage and attacked me, but I managed to avoid his attack and shouted at Karime.

“Grab Andrew and go!”

My ex-girlfriend did not hesitate. She rushed towards Andrew and helped him to stand up. Then, the two of them ran away.

“What about Jane?” Andrew asked.

Karime hesitated. She looked in my direction and saw that I was having trouble fighting the leader.

Gritting her teeth, she extended her hand in my direction and created a barrier of ice between the leader and me.

That was the opportunity that I needed. Without any hesitation, I turned around and ran away as well.

Before leaving, I went to the dead body of the young man and retrieved my spear. I could not help but feel nauseous when I saw the body of the person that I just killed, and when I saw the woman next to him crying as she dragged herself towards him, my heart was filled with guilt.

But I knew that these feelings were useless now.

“Where do you think you are going!? I will kill you!”

The leader had destroyed Karime’s barrier and was rushing towards me.

And judging from his expression, he was not going to stop until I was dead.

I suppressed my nausea and continued running, but to my despair, the leader was faster than me.

I could barely cope with it when we were fighting, but in a chase, it was impossible for me to escape.

‘Then I can only fight!’

But when I was about to turn around to face the man, a group of spiders appeared.

*Screeech!!!*

They had been attracted by the noise of the battle. And when saw us, they did not hesitate to attack us.

‘This is my opportunity.’

I realized that immediately and turned around.

When he saw that I stopped, the leader glared at me with bloodshot eyes and filled his body with mana. Then, he threw a punch towards me with all his strength.

But before his attack could reach me, my eyes lit up.

[Confidence]!

It was a technique that allowed me to project my will outwards. Normally, I used it to project my confidence, making me more attractive towards the opposite sex.

But this time, I projected something different.

I projected my full killing intent and focused it on the leader.

I was not really sure if this idea was going to work, but to my delight, the leader stiffened briefly.

It was just a brief instant, but it was enough for me.

In that instant, I used a second skill.

[Lightning Seed]!

Raging lightning filled my spear as I thrust it towards the leader. Taking advantage of the brief instant he stiffened, I pierced his chest.

But–

“Arrrg!!!”

With a roar, the man managed to overcome the effects of my killing intent at the last second, crossing his arms and using them to receive my spear.

*Bam!*

My spear hit his hand, sending him flying away. At the same time, the lightning on it invaded his body, making him groan in pain.

I did not continue attacking him and instead turned around immediately. That man was too strong. Even though I managed to injure him this time, I’m not confident to succeed again.

“Bastard! Stop!”

The man bellowed and used his mana to get rid of my lightning and chase after me.

But to his surprise, he saw a layer of ice covering his feet.

“No!”

He hurriedly broke it and looked in my direction, but I had already disappeared.

At the same time, the spiders had arrived and were attacking him and the injured woman.

If he chased after us, the woman could die.

The man put on a struggling expression, but in the end, he decided to rescue his injured companion first.

He glared in the direction we escaped with eyes filled with hatred before turning around and going towards the woman.

We had managed to survive this crisis.

 

...

 

Remember to support me on my patreon to read up to 20 chapters ahead!

142