Chapter 59 – Escaping From the Spiders (1)
3.2k 3 131
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Grab your weapons. It looks like we will have a fun night.”

Mary’s words made the entire group tense up. None of them hesitated as they stood up and grabbed any weapon nearby.

“Use bleach to clean your bodies! Also, Keltie, clean the ground where the spider died! If we are lucky, perhaps the other spiders will not feel the smell of the dead spider.”

“Understood, Mary.”

We followed her instructions and wiped our bodies with bleach. At the same time, Keltie hurriedly cleaned the blood on the ground.

But–

“Guys…” Andrew pointed to a wall.

There, a small spider was looking at us with its four pairs of red eyes.

“Fuck.” Shalim cursed.

Mary’s expression also became ugly. Now that a second spider appeared, it meant that this place was not safe.

“Let’s leave, hurry up!” She shouted and rushed towards the exit. “Don’t kill the spider! It will be bad if it attracts more of them!”

We did not hesitate and ran after her, but when we reached the entrance of the police station, our expressions became pale.

With just a glance, we could see around twenty spiders coming towards the police station from all directions.

“M-Mary, what do we do!?” Josh asked in a panic.

Mary hesitated considering her options.

But in the end, she gritted her teeth with a fierce expression.

“We will defend this place as long as we can, and when we find an opportunity, we will rush out!”

The others looked at her and agreed with her proposal.

[What a naïve girl. With her abilities, running away alone should not be hard. Most likely, she decided to stay because she knew that many of you would die if you rush out now.]

I fell silent.

As the demon said, the reason Mary choose to resist was due to us.

She is a Tier Five Awakened. With her strength, escaping from this place alone is not hard.

However, it’s not the same for the rest of us.

To be honest, I think I can escape if I run away now, but it’s not the same for Karime, Jessica, or the little girl, Chelsea.

Andrew could escape as well, but he is full of a sense of justice. He will not abandon the group.

And I don’t want to abandon them either.

[Fool.] The demon sneered in my mind.

But I ignored it.

What is wrong with being a good person?

While I was thinking that, someone suddenly rushed towards the exit of the station.

It was Shalim!

He was leaving the group.

“Shalim! What are you doing!?” Mary asked in rage.

Shalim’s expression was pale.

“Staying here is suicide. I won’t die here with you.” He then rushed towards the path with the least number of spiders and left.

Mary’s expression turned ugly, at the same time, I saw the expressions of the others becoming hesitant.

Finally, another person of the group bowed and apologized.

“Sorry.” It was the young man called Theodore.

After saying that, he did not hesitate to run away.

“Hey, wait for me!” The young woman called Eveline ran after him. She did not even bother to apologize to Mary, and just left directly.

Just like that, three people had left the group.

Only Josh and Keltie of the original group stayed behind, perhaps out of loyalty towards Mary or perhaps because they did not think they could survive alone.

[Idiots.] The demon sneered, and I thought the same.

Do they really think they will be safer alone than together with a Tier Five Awakened?

The strongest of them, Shalim, is barely at Tier Four. Perhaps Andrew was stronger in a battle than him.

Mary’s eyes became cold. She did not expect that the group would show their true colors so quickly.

However, I thought that it was good.

At the very least, we won’t need to worry about protecting them, and Mary will be able to use more of her strength to protect us.

Moreover–

“Mary, we should leave as well.” I said as I looked at the spiders that were slowly approaching us.

They had not attacked yet, most likely because they felt Mary’s strength and were waiting for more of their group to arrive.

Mary’s expression became complicated. She looked at us before shaking her head.

“If we escape now, some of you will die in the way. You are just a Tier 2 Awakened. And your two female friends are Tier 3. As for the little girl, she is not even Tier 1. If we leave this place, we will be surrounded by the spiders and it will be much worse.”

I smiled at her.

“Don’t worry, we are not as slow as you think.” I then looked at the rest of the group. “I’m pretty fast and strong, so I’ll carry Chelsea. Try to keep close to each other, and don’t attack the spiders unless they attack us first. If we are lucky, perhaps we will be able to escape.”

Mary hesitated slightly, but in the next second, her expression became determined.

“I guess I will believe in you this time. When I say run, run. Don’t worry if the spiders attack you and just keep running. I will take care of them.”

I looked at Mary with a raised eyebrow. Woah, this woman was so cool.

Mary’s black eyes shone coldly. She looked at the spiders outside and gripped her sword tightly.

Then, she opened her mouth.

“Run.”

And the escape from the spiders started.

 

...

 

Guys! Click here and support me on my patreon if you like the story. I really appreciate it!!!

131