Chapter 62 – I Do Not Exist
4.8k 9 138
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Ignorant boy. If Confidence can be turned into Killing Aura, then why can’t it be turned into other things?]

These words of the demon pointed to the main principles of Confidence.

Confidence was a technique that allows me to spread my soul energy around me and use it to influence the individuals in my surroundings.

In its original form, Confidence made me more attractive towards others. It could be said that it increased my ‘charisma’. However, it was not very useful in combat.

However, just a few hours ago, I tested using Confidence to project my killing intent to my enemies. That way, I created a whole new technique, [Killing Aura].

But even Killing Aura was far from the limits of Confidence.

I could think in many other ways I could use Confidence after listening to the words of the demon. And one of them would be very useful in the current situation.

I remember watching a tv program about spiders when I was younger. It was about how spiders, despite having a lot of eyes, did not have good eyesight. Instead, they relied on other factors to detect their prey.

Then, can’t I use that to my advantage?

I thought about that crazy idea for a while, and soon, I concluded that it was feasible.

It was a bet worth taking.

Thus, I stopped Andrew before reaching the place where Mary was fighting the spiders and explained my plan to him.

Andrew looked at me as though I was crazy, but when he saw I was serious, he reluctantly agreed.

“Just be careful, okay?”

I grinned confidently. Then, I advanced towards the place where Mary was fighting the spiders.

I could see that Mary was in trouble. She did not seem like she could endure much longer. But I was not anxious.

Instead, my mind became calmer.

In that instant, I used Confidence.

But this time, the idea I spread to my surroundings was very crazy.

[I do not exist.]

Nothing seemed to change. In fact, for an instant, I wondered if my idea had failed.

But then, I realized something.

None of the spiders was paying attention to me.

I widened my eyes in surprise, almost breaking the technique. But when I saw a spider looking in my direction, I quickly focused again and repeated the same words in my mind.

[I do not exist. I do not exist].

Then, I started to advance in Mary’s direction.

In truth, this technique was just a little trick. The only reason it worked was that the spiders were focused on Mary and the fact that their senses were not that good.

Plus, I mixed this technique with some things that the demon taught me in my dreams, such as how to move silently and how to slow down my breathing.

Even so, if I was detected by the senses of any spider, it would immediately realize my existence. Thus, I had to be very careful to not attract their attention.

A pair of times, I touched the legs of some spiders, only for them immediately turn in my direction. Fortunately, my reaction was fast and I managed to avoid being seen by them.

Just like that, I approached Mary.

At that moment, Mary was facing a two-meter-tall spider. Judging from its aura, this spider should be around the fourth tier.

Mary was smiling while holding her sword. For some reason, I got the feeling that she was ready to die with it.

I frowned. To be honest, now was not the best moment to appear.

But if my feeling was right, Mary was at the limit now. If I waited any longer, perhaps even a Tier One spider would be able to kill her.

Thus, I stopped hesitating.

Calmly but surely, I walked towards the spider.

At that moment, I felt Mary’s eyes on me. I could feel her eyes widening in surprise, wondering why in the hell I was there.

Most likely, she could not understand why I returned, or why the spiders did not attack me, but I did not have time to explain it to her.

This spider was very strong. I needed to kill it in the first hit, o it would be dangerous.

Thus, I thrust my spear forward.

At that moment, I released my entire strength.

Mana surged out of my body, filling my spear and making it much sharper. At the same time, my Lightning Seed was activated, sending lightning to the tip of my spear.

At the moment when I thrust my spear, my concealment was turned off, but it did not matter anymore.

Because it was too late for the big spider to stop me.

*Spurt!*

With a piercing sound, my spear penetrated one of its eyes as the lightning on it fried its brain.

The spider was not even able to struggle. Its body just twitched once before collapsing.

Everything happened so fast that the other spiders did not manage to react immediately. Even Mary was looking at me agape, as though she could not believe what she had just seen.

However, I knew that now was the most dangerous moment of my plan.

“Andrew! Now!” I shouted before rushing towards Mary. In the next instant, a bag came flying from a nearby building.

As soon as the bag crashed on the ground, it exploded into a cloud of dust!

“We need to leave!” I shouted to Mary as she looked at me dumbfoundedly. Seeing her like that, I clicked my tongue and grabbed her hand, pulling her away.

The rest of the spiders finally realized what just happened at that moment.

*SCREEEEECHHHH!!!*

Screams of rage assaulted our ears. At the same time, the rest of the spiders charged towards us.

But at that moment, more bags came flying from a nearby building.

Just like the first one, they exploded into clouds of white dust.

Every one of these bags contained wheat flour. After they hit the ground, the bags broke and exploded into a cloud of wheat powder that greatly affected the sight. Spiders already had bad vision, so they found it harder to locate us with all that dust around.

Of course, it was not enough to shake them off completely. After all, they could still follow the pheromones of the spiders that Mary and I had killed, but it gave us a little bit of time.

Even so, some spiders still caught up to us and attacked us. But they were not that strong, so I killed them easily.

Mary finally realized my intentions at that moment. She immediately started to run behind me, following the path created by the flour powder.

But at that moment, she staggered. Only then did I realize that her condition was worse than I thought.

‘Fuck!’ I cursed in my mind, but I did not hesitate and carried her in my arms.

Like that, we continued running. Finally, we arrived at a nearby building.

Without hesitating, I rushed inside it.

But before I could close the door of the building, several spiders rushed inside it as well.

138