Chapter 100 – Meeting Sylvia Again
4k 13 114
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Surprise!” Ley smirked with a mischievous look.

I didn’t know whether to laugh or to cry.

“When did you register for Sanctuary’s First? What about school?”

“A few days after you did. I told mom that I wanted to go to college with you, and she helped me to get graduate one year early. You know that I’m a genius, so it wasn’t that hard with mom’s contacts.”

“But why didn't you tell me?”

“I wanted to surprise you.”

“Well, this was such a wonderful surprise,” I said sarcastically.

Ley stuck out her tongue and pretended to be sad. “Are you angry?”

“You know I can’t get angry with you.” I sighed helplessly and rubbed her head. “Let me guess, you are planning to go to the same classes as mine, right?”

“That is the plan. You don’t like it?”

“How can I not like it? It’s just that it will be a bit awkward studying with my younger sister.” I sighed again.

To be honest, Ley’s mischief really took me by surprise. But after a bit of thought, I understood the ins and outs of the matter.

Ten years ago, Ley ran off after a fight with me. That fight became the trigger of the tragedy that happened that day.

Due to that, I became very tolerant of her since then, spoiling her and indulging her no matter what she does. Ley, on the other hand, felt that she was at fault for what happened that day, and tried to make up for it by behaving like a lovable little sister.

But at some point, that distorted our relationship as siblings, and Ley developed feelings toward me beyond the feelings of a sister; and because I was afraid of making her sad, I feigned that I did not notice them.

Ley is smart, so she must have noticed my conundrum. But instead of trying to return our relationship to normal, she made use of my hesitance to try to close the distance between us.

She still kept a bit of scruple when Karime was my girlfriend, but now that I broke up with her, Ley’s offensive intensified.

Just like this time. When she realized that she had the opportunity to study with me, she did not hesitate to seize it.

I’m aware of her intentions, but I can’t get angry with her.

In my mind, I can only see her as a slightly troublesome but cute and lovable little sister.

While I was troubled about Ley, a hand touched my shoulder.

I was startled and looked back, only to open my eyes in surprise.

Behind me was a beautiful girl with bluish-white hair and clear blue eyes. Her face was filled with confidence, and the playful smirk on her lips gave her a friendly vibe that made you want to become closer to her.

“Sylvia?”

“It looks like you have not forgotten about me,” Sylvia smirked and waved her hand to Ley. “Hello, little sister.”

“My name is Ley.” A gleam of hostility passed through Ley’s eyes before disappearing quickly. “You are Sylvia, right? Thank you again for helping my brother back then.”

“It was nothing. Jane and I are friends. Plus, I’m very interested in him.”

Sylvia’s words made Ley wary, but Sylvia seemed not to notice it.

However, I knew that Sylvia was completely aware of Ley's wariness and found it funny. That is the reason she used such ambiguous words just now.

I could not help but smile wryly.

“Stop teasing my sister, okay? Last time when you said that you were my girlfriend, Ley almost killed me.”

“Oh?” Sylvia’s lips curved up and she looked at Ley with a playful smirk. “It looks like your little sister really loves you.”

Ley's face became slightly red.

I put on a helpless expression.

“Is it fun to tease Ley?”

“It’s fun.”

But it's hard for me, okay?

I rolled my eyes.

“Right, congratulations on getting first place. I was really surprised when I saw your name at the top of the list.”

“Thank you.” Sylvia chuckled and stared at me fixedly, “Congratulations to you too. I can see that your mana has grown a lot, and your fate has become much stronger since the last time we met. It’s interesting, very interesting.”

For some reason, I felt as though Sylvia's eyes could see through all my secrets, making me slightly nervous.

Fortunately, that feeling disappeared almost as quickly as it appeared.

“Well, we are going to study together, so I will have a lot of time to find everything you are hiding.”

I felt a shiver run through my spine.

Ley narrowed her eyes, and her expression became wary.

“… Miss Sylvia, you seem very interested in my brother,”

“Oh? Are you jealous?” Sylvia chuckled. “But you don’t need to worry. I don’t mind sharing my husband with a cute little sister like you.”

“Huh?” Ley was stunned, but immediately, her face became completely red.

Sylvia giggled and walked away.

“See you later, Ley, Jane.”

“See you later.” I waved to Sylvia and looked at my little sister with an amused look. “Stop being embarrassed, she already left.”

Ley nodded, but her cheeks were still slightly red.

“… What a strange girl.” She said.

“Right?” I nodded.

“I like her.” Ley suddenly said, making me stunned.

It’s the first time I heard that Ley likes one of my friends of the opposite sex.

But in the next second, my expression became strange.

Ley, you don’t like her because she said that she could share me with you, right?

114