Chapter 101 – VR Battles (1)
1.9k 4 87
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Jane, did you know that Ley was taking… Hey, Ley, hello.”

“Hi, Andrew. Were you talking about me?”

“T-That, I was just wondering when did you decide to take the entrance examination.”

“Just a few days ago. Sorry for not telling you. It was a surprise.”

“Well, I was really surprised,” Andrew said with an awkward expression. “Also, congratulations on getting second place in the written test.”

“You know I’m a genius, so it’s normal.” Ley put on a proud expression.

Andrew smiled helplessly and looked at me. “How about you, Jane? What was your score?”

“487 points. I got the 53rd place.”

“That is pretty high. You and Ley are geniuses.”

“It’s in the family,” I said with a smirk, leaving Andrew speechless.

“What score did you get, Andrew?” Ley asked curiously.

Andrew scratched his head embarrassed.

“Not that good. I was in 3045th place. Karime performed a bit better than me, her place is a bit below one thousand.”

I saw Ley making a displeased face when Andrew mentioned Karime, so I hurriedly interrupted him.

“T-That is not bad. As long as you don’t get a bad score on the practical test, you should pass easily.”

Andrew nodded, but he was still a bit nervous.

After all, only the first one thousand people were accepted.

However, just like I said, Andrew should not have a problem getting in.

Even though there are two tests to get in Sanctuary’s First, the second test’s importance is much higher.

It’s because there is an upper limit to the points you can get in the first test, but there is no upper limit for the second test.

Moreover, it was much harder to get points on the second test, so if you scored high on it, you could easily get in even if you scored slightly poorly on the first test.

At the end of the day, Sanctuary’s First was a higher institution for Awakened, so they valued combat abilities over theoretical knowledge.

Of course, you could not neglect your theoretical knowledge either. If you were below the first ten thousand places during the first exam, then you would be directly eliminated.

Andrew was very strong. A few days ago, he increased his mana to the peak of tier four. Now, he was just one step away from reaching tier five; and with his skills, he could easily show the combat ability of a tier-five Awakened.

That was more than enough to get inside Sanctuary’s First even if his written test was not that good.

I was more worried about Karime. She was just at the third tier, so I’m not sure if she can score high enough in the second test to get in the first one thousand places.

Well, there is no use worrying about that. I should worry about myself instead.

At that moment, a voice came from the speakers throughout the college.

[Applicants, please go to the place indicated in your registration. The practical test will start in half an hour.]

Andrew, Ley, and I looked at each other and headed to the place of the second examination.

The second examination was inside a completely white room filled with human-sized pods.

Every one of these pods was a VR device. There were five hundred VR devices in the room, and twenty rooms like this one, for a total of ten thousand thousand VR pods.

According to the rumors, using these VR pods will send you to a virtual world where you can show your abilities freely. The grade of simulation is as high as 99.9%.

Unfortunately, this technology is not human. Instead, it belongs to one of the invader races. The VR pods in this room were bought by the Awakened Association for a very high price with the goal to study them, but until now, the mechanism behind this technology has not been uncovered.

Even so, it’s not a problem to use them for this test.

After entering the white room, every applicant walked to their pods. Half an hour later, the pods were closed and the test started.

I closed my eyes following the pod’s instructions. Immediately, I felt as though my consciousness was transported to a different place.

When I opened my eyes again, I was in a completely white world.

I was surprised, but then, my expression became strange.

‘Demon, why does it look like the dreamland?’

[Hmm… The principle is similar. However, unlike the dreamland, you are not in your own consciousness, but instead, a stronger consciousness built this world and is acting as the host.]

I nodded in understanding. Just then, several figures started to appear around me.

Every one of these figures belonged to an applicant.

In less than one minute, the white world was filled with surprised boys and girls.

At that moment, a voice came from the sky.

[Welcome to the practical examination of Sanctuary’s First Awakened College. Now, I will explain the rules.

When the examination starts, the system will generate a monster that you must defeat. Once you defeat that monster, you will be sent to the next level, where you will face a slightly stronger monster.

Killing a monster gives out ten points, and the number of monsters is unlimited. However, once you receive a lethal injury, the system will deem your test as finished.

Finally, your current score will be shown in the sky together with your placement. The score will be updated every time you kill a monster, that way, you can know if your current score is enough to pass the examination.

Work hard, and good luck.]

As soon as the voice disappeared, a message appeared before my eyes.

[Please, choose the weapon of your preference.]

I did not hesitate and chose a similar spear to the one I use in reality. After I chose my weapon, another message appeared.

[The test will start in 10, 9, 8... 3, 2, 1, start!]

When the countdown finished, a monster materialized in front of me.

At the same time, my ranking appeared in a corner of my vision.

[Jane Walker, 243.5 points, 53rd place.]

The test had started.

87